ATTN! Dale Rupp (Platteville Puffer) has passed on to the pull in the sky. November 30, 2012 01:09PM
To all that it may concern,

At 7:15 pm on November 30th 2012, Dale Rupp (Owner and driver of the old Platteville Puffer) passed away surrounded by his loving family. Dale lived for tractor pulling and touched the lives of many on and off the track. He will be remembered by many, whether it be from his old pulling days with the Platteville puffer, or from his late years of promoting tractor pulls in the SW Wisconsin and other areas. Dale is sure to be attending the Big Pull in the sky with many other great pullers of the past.

Arrangements are pending and will be posted when they become available. Further questions feel free to Contact Gary Loeffelholtz (608)642-1438 or Myself - Brian Mueller (608)732-0653

Dale Will be greatly missed by all and will hold a special place in all of our lives. May he rest in peace!

Re: ATTN! Dale Rupp (Platteville Puffer) has passed on to the pull in the sky. November 30, 2012 06:21PM
Family is in all our prays. BSTP banquet attendies

Re: ATTN! Dale Rupp (Platteville Puffer) has passed on to the pull in the sky. December 01, 2012 12:07AM
On behalf of the us here at ROAD VIEW DAIRY and the IOWA COUNTY TRACTOR PULL ASSOCIATION we greatly thank him for all his hard work and time he gave to southwest wisconsin tractor pulls. The family is in our prayers and May he rest in peace.

Re: ATTN! Dale Rupp (Platteville Puffer) has passed on to the pull in the sky. December 04, 2012 01:05AM
nobody loved the sport more than him and he will surely be missed

Re: ATTN! Dale Rupp (Platteville Puffer) has passed on to the pull in the sky. December 01, 2012 12:45AM
Dale was a character of his own and a knew how to promote a pull, and he left a big pair of shoes to fill.

Re: ATTN! Dale Rupp (Platteville Puffer) has passed on to the pull in the sky. December 01, 2012 03:22AM
Dale will be greatly missed. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family.
Ruf Family and Laf. Co Tractor Pullers

Re: ATTN! Dale Rupp (Platteville Puffer) has passed on to the pull in the sky. December 01, 2012 03:25AM
Not going to be the same without Dale flagging at the end of the track thats for sure. Prayers to his family.

Re: ATTN! Dale Rupp (Platteville Puffer) has passed on to the pull in the sky. December 01, 2012 03:38AM
The pulling community has taken a big blow loosing Dale. He was involved in many differant aspects of pulling from promoting to building and he will not be soon forgoten. His passion fo the sport has lasted many many decades and he always had a story to tell about those years.
My condolances go out to Mary and the entires Rupp family.
Chuck Steffens

Re: ATTN! Dale Rupp (Platteville Puffer) has passed on to the pull in the sky. December 01, 2012 04:32AM
i have known dale for 35 + years all you can say is what a guy!! prayers be with the family he will be missed ;

Re: ATTN! Dale Rupp (Platteville Puffer) has passed on to the pull in the sky. December 01, 2012 09:35AM
I'll miss him being the flagman.

Re: ATTN! Dale Rupp (Platteville Puffer) has passed on to the pull in the sky. December 01, 2012 02:15PM
Dale will be sorely missed by the Dairy Days committee and me personally. That big tractor pull in heaven just improved.

Funeral Arrangements for Dale Rupp December 02, 2012 08:34AM
Funeral Arrangements for Dale Rupp -

Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at St. Mary’s Catholic Church, Platteville. Father Faustino Ruiz will officiate. Burial will be at Calvary Cemetery, Platteville. Friends may call from 4:00 – 8:00 p.m. Tuesday, where there will be a parish rosary at 3:45 at the Melby-Bendorf Funeral Home & Crematory, Platteville. Friends may also call from 9:30 a.m. until the time of the service on Wednesday at the church.

Here is a link to the Obituary -

Dale Rupp Obituary

Once again Further questions may be answered by Gary Loeffelholtz (608)642-1438 or Myself - Brian Mueller (608)732-0653

Re: Funeral Arrangements for Dale Rupp December 03, 2012 06:42AM
I personally want to thank all of my dad's tractor pulling friends. He thought the world of each and everyone of you. He will be missed by so many people. He touched the hearts of so many people. He is now in Tractor Pull Heaven. Cathy Skaife

Re: ATTN! Dale Rupp (Platteville Puffer) has passed on to the pull in the sky. December 06, 2012 03:11AM
To Whom it may concern -

Everyone would like to extend a special thanks to everyone that attended the services and showed their support to the Rupp Family! Dale's old tractor even made a appearance to show it's respect. Although we were not given permission to bring the tractor into the funeral home until late in the night or I'm sure it would've been inside as well. Also let it be known that no one need to worry; Dale was buried with his flags and first covered by a bucket of dirt from his standing spot on the platteville track. He will be dearly missed by everyone!

Once again the family greatly appreciated all of the support and stories.

Brian Mueller

Re: ATTN! Dale Rupp (Platteville Puffer) has passed on to the pull in the sky. December 06, 2012 11:19AM
That was something you don`t see everyday at a visitation!! I went early and still no parking, But when I saw that 4010 sitting by the front door, Nothing mattered after that.
Heard they used that tractor to pull Dale to his final resting place too!!! How cool was that!!!
Rest in peace Dale.
Perry Butson

Re: ATTN! Dale Rupp (Platteville Puffer) has passed on to the pull in the sky. December 07, 2012 04:36AM
bobby nihles

Re: ATTN! Dale Rupp (Platteville Puffer) has passed on to the pull in the sky. December 07, 2012 01:36AM
it sure was neat to see that old girl in its original clothes. them guys did a great job

Re: ATTN! Dale Rupp (Platteville Puffer) has passed on to the pull in the sky. December 07, 2012 02:43AM
Who runs Dales old tractor now? I am sure he was smiling ear to ear looking down to see the old girl with him one last time!

Re: ATTN! Dale Rupp (Platteville Puffer) has passed on to the pull in the sky. December 07, 2012 04:38AM
Bob Nihels from platteville owns the Puffer now!

Re: ATTN! Dale Rupp (Platteville Puffer) has passed on to the pull in the sky. December 11, 2012 12:00PM
viewing some of the post these days, I thought this might make some remember what is important in life and the impression you leave behind.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,763, Posts: 229,924, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,020.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM