billet head December 09, 2012 05:34PM
Looking for info on who makes the best sbjd billet head to run in ppl lim-pro. Thanks for any good info.

Re: billet head December 10, 2012 10:42AM
cast or steel whats legal

Re: billet head December 10, 2012 10:55AM
Both are legal.

Re: billet head December 10, 2012 02:00PM
Thought cast only???? Enlighten please

Re: billet head December 10, 2012 02:28PM
heard that some cast heads are legal in ntpa , don't know about PPL.

Re: billet head December 11, 2012 03:49AM
Take a look at the guts of a sigma vs a p7100 and you might be suprised that a sigma really is any heavier built

Re: billet head December 11, 2012 05:19AM
pump
Take a look at the guts of a sigma vs a p7100 and you might be suprised that a sigma really is any heavier built

That may be but it is undeniable which will last longer, make more power and cost less. (at least until/if it ever got adoptedWinking)

Re: billet head December 11, 2012 09:01AM
Maybe one reason that the 16mm p7100 has troubles is that some of the pump shops are using chinese parts.

Re: billet head December 11, 2012 04:25PM
Yes we are making John Deere and international castings that are OEM specs and are legal in the NTPA for For Superfarm and Light pro classes, Still waiting for the approval from PPL.
We are also making John Deere and international pro stock and superstock billet steel cylinder heads.
Most of these heads will be in In stock or close to being finished soon.
These heads were on a SuperStock diesel grand national champion and a pro stock runner-up as Well as the Cains pro stocks.
All cylinder heads are machined in a five axis head porting machine With master cam port expert Software .

Re: billet head December 12, 2012 02:08PM
Who are you ?? name of shop, phone number ,cost of IH head on 4/34 bore light pro stock

Re: billet head December 11, 2012 11:28AM
I will repeat this for the last time. For Nebraska bush pullers and any state ppl org that follows the ppl head rule says that you can have a head that measures stock width and length, stock intake and exhaust manifolds must bolt on and valves must be at the OEM angle, and no overhead cams, BUT, YOU CAN STILL RUN A RECAST CYLINDER HEAD OR AN OEM HEAD IF YOU LIKE. SO IF YOU CHOOSE TO RUN A RECAST OR OEM HEAD, YOU CAN RUN WITH OTHER ORGANAZATIONS THAT ALLOW RECAST AND OR OEM, ALONG WITH THE OTHER RULES THAT MATCH THAT ORG. iT ISN'T THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND. Darin

Re: billet head December 10, 2012 04:24PM
Look at the Nebraska Bush Meeting topic and look at the TOP GUN quote, for the Nebraska Bush and all the PPL and state members that adopted the head rule. I can't quote the rules for other associations in the country. Darin

Re: billet head December 10, 2012 04:41PM
glad to hear that the class has decided to spend money once for a good head instead of filling up that rat hole for old cast heads that break! Has anyone thought about the pump problems with this class? Right know u could spend $8500.00~$9000.00 on a 16mm p pump that isnt that reliable or spend around $7500.00 on a cast sigma that should give them another 100 hp and at there fuel setting would run for ever?

Re: billet head December 10, 2012 05:04PM
And why would you want to mess with a ratty ole tractor rearend? Just build a component and go prostock? Already got an aftermarket head & a Sigma......

Re: billet head December 10, 2012 11:23PM
Cody
And why would you want to mess with a ratty ole tractor rearend? Just build a component and go prostock? Already got an aftermarket head & a Sigma......

Guessin your being sarcastic,......however a 2000 hp component limited prostock class would be awesome! OOPS,.......I forgot there already is one..........Hot

Re: billet head December 10, 2012 10:45PM
So who is making the best steel head?

Re: billet head December 11, 2012 08:20AM
didnt see anywhere in the rules where billet heads were legal. all heads have to be casted correct? for all organization like ntpa and ppl? correct me if im wrong?

Re: billet head December 11, 2012 08:51AM
Original rule:
10. Engine head must be OEM for that brand engine.
Outside of cylinder head must measure factory width,
length and height (all casted areas). Manifold bolt pattern
(stock location) and port location must be in stock location.
Casted heads only.

Per the PPL website:
Rule 10 Updated – No overhead cams permitted. Outside of cylinder head must keep
OEM length and width dimensions. Valves must retain OEM angle. (Manifold bolt
pattern dimensions must retain stock dimensions).

The parts "Engine head must be OEM for that brand engine" and "casted heads only" have been removed! As uncle Ernie always taught us, if it doesnt say you can't, that means you can!!!

Re: billet head December 11, 2012 10:40AM
so that means ppl tractors wont be able to pull with ntpa tractors correct

Re: billet head December 11, 2012 10:51AM
Shore they kin pull with NTPA.
As long as they hasn't one of them billit heads.
And I don't mean no cast billet head, I mean a billet billet head.
A billet billet head is not legal 4 NTPA, but if they has a cast or recast head, that'll be okie dokie smokie.

Re: billet head December 11, 2012 11:25AM
Not sure if you noticed after your first three posts but info like that costs money its not just given out. A billet head is about 15k then go to the dyno and post your findings thank you.

Re: billet head December 11, 2012 03:19PM
Doesn't seem to make any sense if I was a builder and building the best head why wouldn't I give that info out so more ppl would buy my head??

Re: billet head December 11, 2012 03:46PM
Because all of them are going to say theirs is the best never seen a builder say they build junk or something that doesn't work.

Re: billet head December 11, 2012 11:17AM
Where can I get the latest greatest billet head for my ppl limpro? And how much is it going to cost

Re: billet head December 11, 2012 02:26PM
Lemke,s make recast and steel heads for SF, Limpro ,Pro, and SS red and green

Re: billet head December 14, 2012 03:34AM
Yes you can weld it up. And you just proved the point they do break. There are several broken billet heads out there. Problem is still the same you are waiting for it to be fixed. Home work is done, hyper heads crack, rei heads crack, they all will crack just ask around.

Re: billet head December 13, 2012 10:50AM
Here it goes again add billet head, sigma pumps then the next will be component chassis and all you have is another Pro Stock. If you want billet and sigma its simple build a Pro Stock. You make changes then somone will want to start another new class for the old chassis again how many time will this keep happening? Billet heads break also, It just make you sicker when a 20000.00 billet breaks in stead of the 5000 cast head.

Re: billet head December 13, 2012 01:34PM
That is one of the most truthful statements I've seen in a while.

Re: billet head December 13, 2012 02:12PM
I call bs.... name one billet steel head that cracked

Re: billet head December 13, 2012 02:46PM
When you crack a billet head you just weld it up, much easier to fix then a cast head and more durable. I'd do a little homework next time.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,629, Posts: 229,693, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520