Thumbs Up My Opinion--Pulling Magazines Thumbs Up February 09, 2009 01:36AM
Poll
157 votes were received.
All visitors can vote.
Which magazine(s) do you subscribe to?

After reading the article about GMS that Dave Dann wrote for "The Puller" for their 2009 January magazine, I started to think about the publications that the sport of truck and tractor has to offer. I’ll start in alphdeticale order;

"Full Pull" Magazine- from cover to cover the Carol/Photo Joe publication has without a doubt the best photo’s in any publication. Joe always does a great job on getting photo’s that are not only crystal clear but also full of action. Joe’s articles are written exclusively by Joe and they are insightful and interesting. Every edition of the magazine always has Joe’s unique and humorous flare. The article about Linda and Mickey Shorter’s "Buck Eater" in the last issue was good reading. The best photos and always a great cover shot!
"Full Pull" magazine

"The Hook" Magazine- with the new look that "The Hook" has and their expanded coverage of pulling, the magazine cover almost all area’s of the sport. "The Hook” covers pulling, with a real emphasis on the recent expansion of the indoor pulling circuit. The article in the last Hook written by Bryan Lively on the history of the “sled” was both interesting and informative, that and the work that JR and Bonnie are doing for the magazine make it a East to West magazine. Pulling from classics to the national level!
"The Hook" magazine

"The Puller" magazine- is the official publication of the NTPA and therefore the news, photos and articles are NTPA based. "The Puller" is a collage of photo’s and articles by many different sources. This gives the magazine a real interesting and diverse look. The articles always seem to cover a wide range of topics and pullers. The Mid-South section is always interesting and the photos are topnotch. Great coverage of both the NTPA state and national events!
"The Puller" magazine

These three magazines make up the bulk of the entire media that the pulling community in the USA can count on. Pulling sorely lacks good PR, the magazines, coupled with limited TV exposure is all tools that this sport has to promote itself with. Every part of pulling is expensive and Pullers/Fans/Promoters have plenty of places to spend their money, however a subscription to one or all of the magazines would help to keep the magazines alive and thriving.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2009 02:57AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Thumbs Up My Opinion--Pulling Magazines Thumbs Up February 09, 2009 04:18AM
good article. i agree and i think we need to do a better job supporting our magizines before we don't have any magazines to support!

PPL February 09, 2009 10:26AM
PPL needs a magazine also

Re: PPL February 09, 2009 03:38PM
I agree, and since Forrest gets the "Wally", you would think he would demand the PPL put out a WEEKLY magazine. Like NHRA.
They have TV!, almost like NHRA.
They have a major sponsor, almost like NHRA.
And their kid almost drives an NHRA fuel dragster. Almost.

Re: Thumbs Up My Opinion--Pulling Magazines Thumbs Up February 10, 2009 05:32AM
where can i buy one of these magazine. my buddy said they are for sale at a farm store but our don't have them

Re: Thumbs Up My Opinion--Pulling Magazines Thumbs Up February 10, 2009 05:52AM
my opinion of the puller is,i find most of the articles somewhat boring.my personal preference is moreso about the vehicle than the owner-driver.i really dont care where they live,what kind of business they are involved with,or how many acres or cows they have.the articles need to focus on the pulling vehicle,more on the inner workings of it insted of just filler.i often wonder if it really matters who's driving or are we pullin' for the tractor.it also seems the fans associate with tr tractor more,such as at bg are we rootin for the driver or a red or green one,are people cheering for rich or jordan ,or the silver bullett.in nascar there is a direct kinship to the driver and also to the auto's brand,just seems like in pulling the kinship is just for the vehicle.just my .02

Re: Thumbs Up My Opinion--Pulling Magazines Thumbs Up February 10, 2009 09:08PM
Most magazines are looking for new writing talent, send um some of your good stuff! We'll prepare to be wowed!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009