Tire curing....Good or Bad? December 14, 2012 12:33PM
Wouldn't cooking tires hurt the flexibility of the sidewall? Seems like it would take years off them. Any thoughts?

Re: Tire curing....Good or Bad? December 14, 2012 03:44PM
The sidewall rubber compound is different then the tread.If you have a durometer you will be able to tell the difference between the two.Put it this way if the side wall is too hard run less air pressure.

Re: Tire curing....Good or Bad? December 14, 2012 04:49PM
does not go that deep if done right. As long as they are not smoking when they come out of the oven, there ok.

Something like baking cookies.

Re: Tire curing....Good or Bad? December 16, 2012 05:26AM
Years ago I bought some 24.5 x 32 tires from a dealer who had a fire in his store--the tires were leaning against the wall on the opposite end of the building that the fire was on but they did get hot. The dealer sold them to me cheap under those pretenses. I put them on and within 2-3 years the side that was facing the fire was cracking real bad! It was not because of high horse power because these were on a 5010 JD farm tractor! So much for heat making tires LAST LONGER!!!!!!

Re: Tire curing....Good or Bad? December 16, 2012 09:18AM
You are not comparing apples for apples.Tires are not made to go through a fire and be expected not to have that happen.Yes you can over harden tires.They will get brittle and crack.We had a fire to.Our tires were in there and the durometer poked them at 94.They were the best tires we ever ran.To say that they will not last longer is not a true statement.I have 100's of customers that will tell you different.And yes we have overhardened some tires but atleast we know the limit of how hard to go.It all depends on the rubber compound.All tires are different.And to answer the question above....this is a surface hardening.It does not stiffen the sidewall.The sidewall is a much softer compound and will not get more then a point harder.

Re: Tire curing....Good or Bad? December 17, 2012 05:27AM
for a good hard tire what should the durometer read for numbers

Re: Tire curing....Good or Bad? December 17, 2012 08:26AM
24.5 and 30.5 puller casings would be about 88-90.Some brands of durometers read different.18.4 and 20.8 new or used Radials come out about 80-83.Any regular ag casing is much lower depending on the brand of tire.Some of those you will have a hard time getting many points out of them.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,738, Posts: 229,877, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,989.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM