4430 steering December 16, 2012 12:29PM
I want to remove my front hydro pump. What can i do to still run my steering and brakes? Is there a smaller pump i can replace it with? Also thinking about going to a different front end with a single cylinder. Dont know when i will do that. any ideas

Re: 4430 steering December 17, 2012 05:17AM
12 volt hyd pump w/close center relay. Depends on early or late 4430 depends on how you hook up lines. Simply turn switch on when you need hyd, relay handles the rest

Re: 4430 steering December 17, 2012 09:35AM
I have what you need posted on racingjunk

Re: 4430 steering December 17, 2012 11:50AM
whats it under

Re: 4430 steering December 17, 2012 12:32PM
Jeff b. where can a guy look for one that works. I have a later 4430. Thanks for the info

Re: 4430 steering December 17, 2012 01:33PM
this is the 12volt pump hes talking about. right front northern tool. works very well, i use it on mine also. theres a pressure switch that you also need for the pump to regulate pressure so its not running constant. dont remember where i got mine. [www.northerntool.com]

Re: 4430 steering December 19, 2012 01:34AM
The switch is part # 3427K6 from McMaster Carr. Put on the outlet side of the electric pump. Can be wired either open or closed, so follow directions. Just tape off the unused wire. With considerable time adjusting the switch it will turn the pump on & off as needed, but put an on / off switch in it too or gradual leak down will cause the pump to keep bumping on & kill your battery. Works good on 2 line steering, but have heard of working on 4 line also. Switch is under $100.

Re: 4430 steering December 19, 2012 01:40AM
Forgot to add that guys smarter than me have claimed it's imparitive that your steering valve be in A-1 condition for this to work. A slight problem that may not be noticeable with the factory pump, will cause issues here, so if your valve is out, you may want to rebuild it if it's high hour.

Re: 4430 steering December 19, 2012 10:55AM
Thank you for the info. I just need a drawing to learn more but this info does help me a lot. I'm just learning. Also can you use the pump from northern tool and switch with all my factory steering besides the front steering motor. What type of cyclinder should I want?

Re: 4430 steering December 20, 2012 02:31PM
We plumbed the output of the Haldex pump into the inlet of the factory steering valve (steering wheel box) & found the return line from same valve & ran it back to the electric pump. The switch picks up pressure difference & turns pump on. I put switch directly on the output port of the elec. pump.If you want a self contained system you'll have to plug off all returns back into the tractor & allow the brake master cyl. to beed off into the return or the brakes won't release.( Learned this the hard way.) Or I suppose you could just keep adding oil to elec.pump, but they only hold about 3 quarts. I left the factory hoses right on the steering valve & just connected them to new hoses with unions under the platform. Tuck hoses up in frame & you can't even see it. If you're near Central Ohio call Beckett Machine. He's done several & fixed my brake lockup after I screwed that up. He built me a real nice light front end to go with it & we ditched that big boat anchor steering motor.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,793, Posts: 229,997, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,071.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009