Tractor Pulling Game for Android December 20, 2012 03:41AM

Hey everyone, I have just released the first fully 3D game for Android phones and tablets!

Full Game: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.michaelbowen.tractorpulling
Demo: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.michaelbowen.tractorpullingdemo

Here's the game trailer:

Tractor Pulling is the first 3D tractor pulling game for the Android OS, with over 500 events and 20+ tractors!

Uses OpenGL ES and jPCT for 3D Graphics and high quality sound effects to place you directly in the seat of the worlds most powerful tractors.

NO ADS and NO PERMISSIONS!

Features:
Currently 20 tractors over 5 classes: Antique, Super Farm, Super Stock, Limited Modified, and Unlimited Modified.

Includes tractors all the way from a Farmall M to a John Deere 4020 to Jet Turbines to SIX V8 engines!

For each class, travel across 5 different regions participating in County, State, Regional, National, and Grand National Events! That's over 500 events!

Upgrade your tractor with the prize winnings, earning more points, eventually becoming the Grand National champion!

Six different camera angles: driver's seat, behind, front-side angle, grand-stands, sled driver, and 300ft mark.

Each pull event has different track conditions: adjust your tire pressure, weights, and gearing to get the most pulling power.

Based on a realistic physics engine, it's like watching a real tractor pull!

View a fully detailed graph/plot of RPM, Boost, Acceleration, Velocity, and Distance of the finished pull.

Coming Soon:
Garden Tractors and Mini Rods!

Re: Tractor Pulling Game for Android December 20, 2012 06:22AM
Michael,

Is there any plans for an iPhone release? Or are you just going to focus solely on the Android market?

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Tractor Pulling Game for Android December 20, 2012 07:32AM
Hi John,

I would love to do a release for the iOS as well, however there are a few hangups:

1. Programming would need to be done in Objective C instead of Java.
2. Would need to use a different 3D engine.
3. Would need to create an entirely new interface for the iOS interface framework.

So in short... the main things that could easily be ported over are just the 3D models. Everything else would have to be re-programmed from scratch. And I don't have an iOS device.

If I get enough downloads for the Android platform and a lot of great feedback and requests for an iOS version, I will do my best to make this a reality.

Smiling

Re: Tractor Pulling Game for Android December 21, 2012 12:52AM
My vote is for computer also, I'm a big fan of Farming simulator and always hopped that it would inspire someone to make a 3d tractor pulling sim.

2 poor 2 pull :-(

Re: Tractor Pulling Game for Android December 20, 2012 10:41AM
Looks like you done a good job.I have been playing another tractor pull game on my android for the past few weeks and it is great.I will install yours and check it out.

Re: Tractor Pulling Game for Android December 20, 2012 02:08PM
Thanks Billy, I would really appreciate all the feedback you can give me! Smiling

Re: Tractor Pulling Game for Android December 20, 2012 02:08PM
don't mean to be a tech redneck but oh well, is there any way this is available somewhere besides a phone. I know I am living in the "stone"age but dadgum I can't get that woodpecker to chisel that stone fast enough to make the tractor smoke.

Re: Tractor Pulling Game for Android December 20, 2012 02:14PM
Hahaha, I am not even quite sure what that last sentence meant! Grinning

Are you upset because I didn't put any smoke in the game (which is really hard and I am working on it), or that is just some made up metaphor? Grinning

Right now this is only available for the Android OS, so it will only work on Android phones, or tablets, or even probably the Kindle Fire. Does that help?

People are requesting an iPhone versions which I will probably make sometime soon, but I could also pretty easily make this for the computer as well.

Would you be interested in a computer version?

Re: Tractor Pulling Game for Android December 20, 2012 02:54PM
that computer version would be helpful, my phone don't know adroid or I think it has an i I believe it is with the g and h key. that was a flintstone reference regarding the stone tablet and the bird chiseling the words as it goes.

Re: Tractor Pulling Game for Android July 05, 2013 01:28AM
computer and iphone

Re: Tractor Pulling Game for Android December 21, 2012 12:45AM
A computer version would be cool, also living in the stoneage.

Re: Tractor Pulling Game for Android December 21, 2012 02:46AM
Haha, ok... I will see about porting over a computer version.

The graphics won't be the greatest, I'm not an amazing graphic artist or anything... but it should be able to be pretty awesome still seeing that no tractor pulling game like this exists... for anything really.

Re: Tractor Pulling Game for Android December 21, 2012 05:00AM
Need it for the iphone...

Re: Tractor Pulling Game for Android December 21, 2012 05:27AM
iOS and PC version coming within a month or two.

Truck Pulling version for Android coming out first!

Re: Tractor Pulling Game for Android December 21, 2012 09:43PM
Been playing the other Droid game for about a month now... yours is downloading. looks like i have another off season pulling fix. lol

Re: Tractor Pulling Game for Android December 23, 2012 04:17PM
Have you played it yet? What did you think?

Re: Tractor Pulling Game for Android December 24, 2012 02:59AM
I like it and thanks for keeping the pulloffs!

Re: Tractor Pulling Game for Android December 24, 2012 12:23PM
Good game but one thing I noticed that needs to be fixed. So let's say you and another competitor make it to the pulloff, and during your pull you have an explosion at 100 feet. In the results it puts you behind the other competitors that didn't make it to the pulloff. Doesn't really make any sense. Smoke would be good to and I realize you are working on that.

Re: Tractor Pulling Game for Android December 24, 2012 03:24AM
Thanks! Please leave a rating/review, I would really really appreciate it Smiling

Re: Tractor Pulling Game for Android December 24, 2012 04:31AM
I installed it on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet, and I wasn't able to get it to work right. It installed fine and would load, but I would get an error message and it would shut down right before I'd go to start a pull. Don't remember exactly what the error said. I should have taken a screen shot of it. At any rate, I uninstalled it to get the refund from the Google Play store before the time ran out to do so. Looked like a good game, and I'd like to try it again if you get it working.

Re: Tractor Pulling Game for Android December 24, 2012 08:27AM
Hmm, that stinks! Did you have it send an error report?

If you want, install the demo and see if it crashes with it, and if it does, have it send a crash report and put your name in the comment or something.

I have also just put up a new site where you can get technical help as well: http://www.bowengames.com

Re: Tractor Pulling Game for Android January 04, 2013 08:11PM

The Truck Pulling version is finally uploaded!

I have added smoke to both the trucks and tractors, will be releasing an updated tractor version soon.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Michael+Bowen

Re: Tractor Pulling Game for Android January 05, 2013 05:15PM
really like the game! purchased both the trucks and tractors now.. not really playing the truck one as much yet, but pretty much have all of the tractors done. even a fun lil glitch that lets me go about 600 feet in the super stock class hehe. hard to stay in bounds at 100 mph or whatever it is

Re: Tractor Pulling Game for Android May 15, 2013 01:23PM
Any idea on iPhone release?

Re: Tractor Pulling Game for Android May 07, 2014 07:59AM
I cant get.tractor to.move.I need help please

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,643, Posts: 229,709, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520