Engine couplers? December 22, 2012 02:18PM
I have been searching on different ways to connect to v 8's in line, some guys in the drag racing world use these couplers, do any of you know of pullers that use them?any pros or cons??.. thanks!

Re: Engine couplers? December 22, 2012 11:17PM
Talk to Craig at SCS Gearbox.

Re: Enginecouplers December 23, 2012 10:22AM
I have a scs coupler for chevy to chevy I would sell . Coupler on front motor
Is long enough to put the sleeve on the front and run the back motor by itself if you need to .Stan Williams 270-860-3820

Re: Engine couplers? December 23, 2012 11:32AM
we made our own my brother worked at a machine shop but same idea. We put pontiacs together years ago had to machine timing covers to put a bigger shank on coupler otherwise it would split at the keyway.

Re: Engine couplers? December 25, 2012 02:41AM
i got scs and banter for chevy and hemi for sale 914-805-1099

Re: Engine couplers? December 25, 2012 06:52AM
I made double roller chain couplers to tie four small blocks together and haven't had a problem with them it's a very cheap and easy alternative to an scs style coupler. Will hold up to and over 2000hp without a doubt

Re: Engine couplers? December 25, 2012 10:23AM
Just curious if you have 2000 plus Hp on any one of those chain couplers? Or just on the the coupling of inline small blocks? Cause 500 Hp is way easier to contain then 2000.

Re: Engine couplers? December 26, 2012 06:14AM
Chain coupler going into the rearend has all 2000hp going through it also have one on our allison powered tractors from the tranny to the rear end which also is 2000hp never have had an issue with one. At one time we had a twin engine allison tractor with 4000hp going through a single chain coupler to the rear end. Do not under estimate the strength of these couplers they do work very well and are extremely cheap can be made for less than $50 if you have machining capabilities

Re: Engine couplers? December 26, 2012 07:40AM
I would stay clear of any type of chain couplers. Not sure about NTPA or PPL, but Outlaw banned them after one broke and flung parts into the crowd. I would get a hold of SCS, Tedder, Eder, or Bob Jostock. There is a good chance that Bob has used ones around somewhere. It's always better to be safe and smart then cheap!

Re: Engine couplers? December 26, 2012 08:48AM
Outlaw does not allow them I know that first hand but what outlaw failed to mention was that the one that came apart was NOT covered 360 degrees by 5/16 steel like the rules say all driveline parts should be.

Re: Engine couplers? December 26, 2012 10:40AM
Point being, it came apart!
Yes anything mechanical will fail, BUT if it's design limitations are exceeded, it will break for sure.
Again, why not be safe?
If you have a 50 horsepower ride tractor, yep that is what they used in the 40's and 50's, I'd still use one today for that power level.
If you are making some REAL power, get something designed and built for the job.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009