730 JD puller sheetmetal tractor on RFD??? January 02, 2013 08:47PM
I seen on RFD i believe a JD tractor prostocker with 730 sheetmetal ; couple questions , how can this be legal ,, and (hold on im laughing to hard ) whats the mindset here? Cmon a 730,s a classic popin johnny - not a smoke blowin waste of time , just wondering

Re: 730 JD puller sheetmetal tractor on RFD??? January 02, 2013 09:08PM
I am sure you are refuring to Lance Little's 830 prostocker.... It is legal because NTPA allows sheetmetal from 1960 to current and the 830's ended production in 1960. Also what is the differance I think it is COOL have a frein that has 450IH sheetmetal on his 466 profarm and is one of the best looking tractors due to not being an other 1066.
Chucky

Re: 730 JD puller sheetmetal tractor on RFD??? January 02, 2013 09:39PM
I look at it as a way to pay homage to the tractors of the past, and is great to see rather than just another 6030.
I'd love to see more 460's as well (if we're talking about reds), but we all know how popular the 1066 is...

Never really understood why there is a "time limit" on the sheet metal rule. It's not like pullers are using the original guts of the tractors anyway...
The issue is like when ATPA made the rule about trucks had to have a full body and couldn't be t-buckets because they "didn't look like trucks." Just silly. How many trucks do you see go down the road with a hemi sticking out of the hood?

(Sorry for the small rant)

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: 730 JD puller sheetmetal tractor on RFD??? January 02, 2013 11:33PM
At the Farm Progress Show, Boone Ia. Lances tractor had a crowd around it all the time. I wish I had a Dollar for every photo taken of it. Really nice.

Re: 730 JD puller sheetmetal tractor on RFD??? January 02, 2013 11:47PM
Any pics????

Re: 730 JD puller sheetmetal tractor on RFD??? January 03, 2013 12:31AM
U Tube Great Lakes Shootout Farm Progress Show video #3 at about 4:50 Lance pulls. He won show that night.

Re: 830 JD puller sheetmetal tractor on RFD??? January 03, 2013 02:35AM
From Bowling Green this summer:

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: 730 JD puller sheetmetal tractor on RFD??? January 04, 2013 10:36PM
Kinda cool HELL!!!........That thing is friggin awesome!!!!

Re: 730 JD puller sheetmetal tractor on RFD??? January 04, 2013 12:11PM
Not that anyone cares, but I think it looks kinda cool, and I,m not a two cylinder fan by any means! Also, my dodge is got a Hemi!!!

Re: 730 JD puller sheetmetal tractor on RFD??? January 06, 2013 10:19AM
I saw it at Gordyville and thought it was the sharpest JD at the show.
Alot of people watching don't that some tractors they are watching might have a JD hood, IH motor, Profab trans., and a KW rear end. Not that I agree, but that is the way it is in todays world of tractor pulling. MACK

Re: 730 JD puller sheetmetal tractor on RFD??? January 06, 2013 04:24PM
I have always wanted to put a new style hood on a 2 cyl. something such as a 6410 on a J.D. A...maybe some day I'll try it and listen to the people cry cuz I know they will!!! Is it any different than old paint vs new paint?

Re: 730 JD puller sheetmetal tractor on RFD??? January 07, 2013 08:01AM
Esdon has 460 sheetmetal I,m pretty sure it isnt a 460 put it does look cool

Re: 730 JD puller sheetmetal tractor on RFD??? January 07, 2013 03:09PM
The 830 was a 6cyl two big ones and thd 4cyl pony motor

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009