Nebraska Bush February 11, 2009 08:19AM
Was wondering if Nebraska Bush had any rule changes for this season and if any new tractors are coming out? Thanks.

Re: Nebraska Bush February 11, 2009 11:15PM
Well, there have been rumors that changes were made under the table at the banquet (2 months after the rules meeting). But none of the rules officers have explained any reasoning to anyone and the website doesn't explain anything either. Word is that the changes were only to the limited light super classes. The super farm and mod classes are still the same, as far as we know.

Haven't heard to much about new tractors except maybe a couple more mods.

Re: Nebraska Bush February 12, 2009 03:36AM
hi mod u ganna make it harder for me to stop u this year

Re: Nebraska Bush February 12, 2009 02:22PM
Depends on whether you are talking rules "voted in" by the MEMBERSHIP; or rules "implemented" by the new oligarchy. The rules "implemented" by the new oligarchy are the rules that were "voted against" by the membership at the RULES meeting. The voting at the rules meeting was just to make you "feel good" at the time. The voting behind closed doors at the banquet was to show you that your vote means nothing. The voting at the rules meeting was the decision of the majority. The voting behind closed doors at the banquet was the decision of the elite minority. Moral of the story: On the day of the rules meeting; stay home, drink beer and watch Oprah Winfrey and the Obama innauguration. That way you will have been in the GREEN crowd and saved money on fuel and reduced your carbon footprint. GREEN not only refers to being frugal, it also refers to the color and type of the tractor you are building so it will be covered by the "implemented" rules. Now; that being said; is it a bad thing?? No. It is an attempt to improve numbers and bring in more tractors which is what is needed. It COULD have been handled differently, BUT, it would have been met with resistance. Tractor pulling needs to move forward. Tractor pulling history is filled with idiotic resistance against anything from aluminum hoods to roll cages to bigger chargers. Take a look at some of the clubs out there that are flashbacks to the early days of the Bush Pullers. They are doing the same idiotic things that prevailed 20 years ago. Sooner or later, the resistance is subdued, and the rules are finally changed, and then everyone realizes (but won't admit it) that it should have been changed when it was first discussed. Component tractors are the wave of the future. They're not going to go away. Just like wheelie bars, roll cages, steel flywheels, and sideshields are not going away. The Bush Pullers march to the beat of a different drum. The big cube single charger tractors are very impressive. It's good that they have a place with the Outlaw LSS's. It is a statement to the tractor pulling world that this incessant (sp?) push for small cube multicharger motors is NOT the only answer. Granted; small cube multicharger tractors can hold their own very well against the big cube single charger tractors, but why does it have to be jammed down everyone's throat?
In a nutshell: Let's see what happens with the new door opening in the Bush. It's going to be interesting and hopefully everyone can get along. If adjustments need to be made to even things out, then figure it out and move on. If the mods can do it............ the SS's can do it.

Re: Nebraska Bush February 12, 2009 02:35PM
Thanks for the reply and I commend you on your accurate use of the term "oligarchy". But I'm a little slow. What are the changes with the lighter classes?

By the way, I agree that the big charger diesels are quality tractors. Good tire speed and big smoke equals a good show to me.

Re: Nebraska Bush February 13, 2009 05:40AM
New Mod rules Let's allow the mods to follow region 3 NTPA rules They are pretty close now only some small chandes need to be made And maybe bring in more old mods sitting in sheds

Re: Nebraska Bush February 16, 2009 08:32AM
10-4 get it done if you pass it they will COME!!! lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2009 08:35AM by brianfuhr.

Re: Nebraska Bush February 18, 2009 02:57PM
Thanks Brian at least someone saw this Because one blown chevy will not run with a blown HEMI .......or will two NA moters

Re: Nebraska Bush February 19, 2009 12:30AM
I would sure like to come out and pull with you guys if you would just raise the weight to 7200lb.!

Re: Nebraska Bush February 19, 2009 05:36AM
7200 pounds is great number, but i like 7400 and multiple engines! And right now in Nebraska we are not going to see that at the Bush level. We have too many tractors that have just came out in the past couple years to change the rules. They would have to completely revamp there tractors if not start over. And i know this is going on in other class's right now and am not even going to get into that discussion. But a 7200 single engine mod class i think would get boring, In my personal opinion the light weights are what make the class's fun to watch. Also the variety of tractors we have in the bush when they all show up. I think if we would raise the weight it would just as repetitious as a 22 entry class of 4x4 pickups. All i can say is we have a good class some ok numbers and WE ALL GET ALONG. I think our mod meeting lasted 20 min and 15 of it was talking about the drinking beer at the banquet. I am proud to pull Bush and congratulate everyone that got into the NFMS from Nebraska.

Re: Nebraska Bush February 19, 2009 06:05AM
well where was the beer i didnt get one

Re: Nebraska Bush February 13, 2009 10:13AM
Pllnfn: At present here's how it stands. It is called the 6500# class but there are weight disparities. All can run 20" d.b. as far as I know.

5800#: Multicharger, irregardless of cubes, COMPONENT tractors (tractors such as Haugs, Polson).

6200#: Multicharger, bigger than 410 c.i. CAST REAREND tractors (tractors such as Rod Psota's).

6500#: Multicharger (410 cubes and less) CAST REAREND (tractors such as Hoffman's) and single charger, big cubes, CAST REAREND tractors ( such as Hustler, Wildfire, Playmate, Crazy Train etc).

Not REAL sure, but, I don't believe the 5800# and 6200# will be allowed to jump up to the 7500# class. Only the tractors that fit in the 6500# category can jump to 7500#.

Re: Nebraska Bush February 13, 2009 10:28AM
I'm not sure if the components are light enough yet. Another hundred or two may put them in the ball park. What is the payout in these classes? Someone did a nice job putting together a schedule. I like multiple day shows especially when travel is involved.

Re: Nebraska Bush February 14, 2009 06:50AM
GPopper: Not REAL sure on payout. I THINK it's less than $200 to win. Been a few years since I pulled with them. I don't think it's NEAR enough to draw the Temptations, Show Me, Blue Can, Red Ink, etc. You MIGHT see the Meints's, Crazy Horse, Tantrum, etc. due to the fact of closeness. I seriously doubt any of our Outlaw tractors will attend for that kind of money. I think Cornhusker Deere went to a few, to exhibition pull and try out some new equipment.

Re: Nebraska Bush February 14, 2009 07:22AM
Your right. That's not enough cash to attract outsiders. We'll stay where we're at for now.

Re: Nebraska Bush February 14, 2009 09:03AM
There is only one tractor that should even be allowed to make the rules, no member, posse or click shall rule. And people should not be allowed to "AMBUSH" other drivers. Martha stewart says go moline. And thats a good thing

Re: Nebraska Bush February 15, 2009 12:29AM
ill bet sum outlaw tractors will be there

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,738, Posts: 229,878, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,990.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM