Ford Head???? February 12, 2009 01:49AM
For all of the ford pullers and builders I was wondering if all genesis heads are or can be made equal or if their are casting #s to look for or stay away from. Another ? is the truck head better than or about equal to the genesis head as far as flow. This is going on a 3000rpm tractor if that makes a difference. I have access to both but would prefer to stick with the genesis unless it could hold back hp. Thanks

Re: Ford Head???? February 12, 2009 03:22AM
The genesis head gives you bigger valves then the 401 head, don't know about the truck head-yet to get my hands on one to compare with! my$.02 worth.

Re: Ford Head???? February 12, 2009 06:24AM
The 456 Genesis head would be the better of the two, the truck head has a very bad Intake port!. The Genesis head has very high port velocity for the size of the port, the truck head is very lazy. What I have seen on the flow bench is that if you use the truck head with alot of port work very large valves you can pick it up. The main problem is the small bore stuff like 4.400 wont let you do bigger valves to help the ports more, now if your running the big bore stuff like 4.600 and bigger it will help both heads. We have done alot of track testing and flow bench work with these heads wet and dry type.
WWW.BRMMHARRISONBURG.COM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2009 10:06AM by BRMM.

Re: Ford Head???? February 12, 2009 06:49AM
Defintely the Genesis head. The 401 tractor head is crap , 474 head will only work
with big valves or if you put the valve's in offset , exhaust ports are not so much different
and can be brought to the same flow numbers but the intake is where the difference starts.
A dry head will give you a good start for a nice shaped port , on Snoopy we have a dry
head with cnc machined ports giving good flow numbers.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,948, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,033.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009