floor shifters for 1066 January 17, 2013 12:35PM
I am looking for some ideas/picts of some floor shifters, not looking to spend $1,000 for fancy billet ones, just simple ones that bolt on and work, or if anyone has any for sale. thanks

Re: floor shifters for 1066 January 17, 2013 04:14PM
What I did was move the throttle to the right hand like any "bigger" tractor that doesnt run a T/A and made a piece out of aluminum that held the momentary switch with it sticking out the top. When driving the tractor around in pits, loading, and unloading it is always on the low side of T/A and then when you hold the button down it shifts up to top side of T/A. It worked great doing down the track and all you had to do was remove your thumb from the top to shift down on other end of track. We didnt have time to look for a button down on the floor or mess up hitting or clicking it at the wrong time. With the momentary switch you know which side of the T/A you are on when you dont have your thumb or finger on the button. It worked for me run that idea through you head and see if it will work for you. You can get the all weather momentary switch with rubber cover so no water can get in it. I sold my setup to another guy and he uses the same way and says it works great.

Re: floor shifters for 1066 January 17, 2013 08:34PM
not talking about a ta switch, wanting gear shifters down on floor, between legs, mainly the high and low lever and reverse, the 1-4 lever i was going to just run a short lever through the steering column down where the stock panel was that had fuses in it.

Re: floor shifters for 1066 January 19, 2013 04:28PM
It's simple don't over think it. Look at your shift linkage now, now take them control rods turn them around towards your cage. Ok, now find a pipe and another pipe that fits inside it so it's like a hinge run that across the floor of the top cover line up the rods you turned around mark the outer pipe cut where you want your leavers. Kinda see where I'm going? You can use readyrod for your linkage with clevices at the ends. Your Hi-Low and reverse can be done the same just make a leaver outa flat stock, pipe and a bolt and run a linkage back to the hinge. If you look at it a bit it's pretty simple and cheap to make.

Re: floor shifters for 1066 January 23, 2013 04:43AM
I have a set we toke off of a tractor. They are 3 levers and rods and Mount on the floor. I can let them go for $200 if you interested let me know. Phone #937-497-9473

Josh

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,646, Posts: 229,713, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,904.

Our newest member JD_8520