Bill Vories?? February 12, 2009 01:45PM
I have watched him on tv several times and it seems like he is in another class all to himself..when the top tractors pull 299' he coast to 330' and lets off the gas..I wonder what is it he knows about dump truck motors that no one else knows? I didnt think there were any big secrets left in motorsports these days but he sure knows something. thanks!

Re: Bill Vories?? February 12, 2009 01:48PM
He does, it is an awesome sight to see in person. Wed night at the farm show, he was just toying with them. All those hemis against those little ole Chevys

Re: Bill Vories?? February 12, 2009 04:28PM
Horsepower is obviously a huge part of the game, but horsepower is only part of the equation, American Thunder was setup better than any tractor in the class. Both runs were picture perfect, Bill picked one front tire an inch off the ground and the other front tire a few inches and he was off to the races. No wheelie bars, no hooking/unhooking, not even the slightest bobble. I honestly believe his tractor was setup as close to perfect as any tractor I’ve ever seen. Sure he had the horses, but he had the perfect gear, weight, air pressure, sled spotting, and driving.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Bill Vories?? February 12, 2009 05:27PM
American Thunder in my opinion is that best pulling vehicle in the nation, he dominates with ease and seems to have an edge
over everybody. Out of every class on the circuit he stands out like a man among boys, what a awesome machine.

Re: Bill Vories?? February 12, 2009 10:30PM
I think Jake said it best. Bill knows how to set that thing up and get it down the track. Yes he obviously has power also

Re: Bill Vories?? February 12, 2009 11:49PM
He also has one of the best chassis builders around

Re: Bill Vories?? February 13, 2009 01:06PM
He has one of the best teachers by his side.

Re: Bill Vories?? February 13, 2009 01:22AM
Jake Morgan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Horsepower is obviously a huge part of the game,
> but horsepower is only part of the equation,
> American Thunder was setup better than any tractor
> in the class. Both runs were picture perfect,
> Bill picked one front tire an inch off the ground
> and the other front tire a few inches and he was
> off to the races. No wheelie bars, no
> hooking/unhooking, not even the slightest bobble.
> I honestly believe his tractor was setup as close
> to perfect as any tractor I’ve ever seen. Sure
> he had the horses, but he had the perfect gear,
> weight, air pressure, sled spotting, and driving.

What pull are you speaking of?

Re: Bill Vories?? February 13, 2009 02:37AM
He was talking about the NFMS. The mods pulled on Wedsday night.

Jesse Post
JP Pulling Productions

JP
 FacebookJP Youtube

Re: Bill Vories?? February 13, 2009 09:07AM
why doesnt somebody really look at the guy in the background you really helps set it up what is is name the genius as what bill said in thepuller ralph banter think about it

Re: Bill Vories?? February 13, 2009 12:56PM
How many cubes are the dump truck motor's is he legal to run NTPA 7500 pd mod class?

Re: Bill Vories?? February 13, 2009 04:04PM
just thought that I would let you know that Bill is in the unlimted class and not the modified tractor class on the NTPA circuit

Re: Bill Vories?? February 14, 2009 06:47AM
I know he run's the unlimited but does he fit the rule's to run four motor's in NTPA or does he have an advantage when he run's at pull's like louieville like more CU somthing where there not as fussy thank's

Re: Bill Vories?? February 14, 2009 12:05PM
My understanding is the 4 motors he runs with are NTPA legal (for Louisville, he may up the blower overdrive. No reason for him no to).

I believe the 5th motor for the unlimited has a 14-71, but the other 4 have 8-71s. Someone may be able to verify this.

Re: Bill Vories?? February 14, 2009 03:50PM
I overheard Bill say at Tomah a couple years ago that he was legal for the mod class. He didn't want to go thru the hassle of removing the back motor and changing the planetaries. I don't blame him since he was going for the Unl class points.

Re: Bill Vories?? February 13, 2009 03:04PM
Ralph built the rearend and gear boxs Brad Korporal built the chassis

Re: Bill Vories?? February 13, 2009 01:04PM
I wouldn't 572 cubic inches is little.

Re: Bill Vories?? February 15, 2009 09:08AM
yeah and those purser hemis beat him on Saturday Night pretty bad.

Re: Bill Vories?? February 15, 2009 10:05AM
Yea, it only took 20 hemis and 2 pulloffs to get the job done

WEDGE
An Indiana Specialty
Help The Dumptruckless

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,793, Posts: 229,997, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,071.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009