Best Flowing Cylinder Head February 12, 2009 03:21PM
I was reading the post below about the Ford Genesis Cylinder Heads and Flow numbers. What is the best stock flowing head out there right now from an engine builders point of view.IH ,JD Ford?

Just curious

Re: Best Flowing Cylinder Head February 13, 2009 10:50AM
Well I do not know the answer to your question but if I had to take a guess I would say.....DeutzWinking. You can hold a Deutz head in your hand and wonder at the design and thought that went into building it, Just think when you get beat by a Deutz you have been beat by a tractor that is running 40 year old heads that came out of WW 2 ideas of how a diesel should run. Thumbs Up

Now if we can get the cracking jug problem solved.......

John

Re: Best Flowing Cylinder Head February 13, 2009 11:20AM
Put steel ones on John.Well their kinda like steel.Got them on the shelf for you.Don't even screw around with the stock ones.

Re: Best Flowing Cylinder Head February 13, 2009 11:26AM
Oh and about airflow?The work you have to do to them to catch up to a JD head or something made from factory over 400 cubes.Maybe it was good for 345 cubes but when your running against bigger factory tractors Deutz stock heads arn't close.Put a stock one on a flow bench and see what it has.Takes a lot of work to get even close.

Re: Best Flowing Cylinder Head February 13, 2009 12:22PM
I have heard the 55 series JD is a good one. How does the DT466 IH compare?

Thinking stock head alcohol of course.

Thanks

Re: Best Flowing Cylinder Head February 14, 2009 03:25AM
The best flowing OEM heads these days are outlawed anyways, as they have 4 valves...
Reality has kinda passed the US rulebook.

I would think the head of the current Fendt engine of the 926 and up Varios (MAN) would probably be one of the best around (considering the size of the engine). However, it comes with a pretty small engine below and is almost useless for pulling in big cube classes - and would have to be put into a component tractor to make weight at all.

Oh.. and just by the way - the engine is build at Deutz in Cologne Grinning, with Fendt exlusivly getting the 4 valve head and all the others getting a two valve version of it.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Best Flowing Cylinder Head February 14, 2009 05:43PM
Whats a better cylinder head ? The IH 414 head or the head used on the IH DT466? And why?

Just curious

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009