whats the difference between a regular and plus IH head? January 27, 2013 12:18AM
I was wondering what's the best way to tell if its a plus head? I hear its under the intake.....so is that below the intake or you have to take the intake off? Also what's the difference between the two?

Re: whats the difference between a regular and plus IH head? January 27, 2013 02:07AM
yes you need to take the intake off. Plus heads will flow a little more air. [ stock] If you are going to do port work,try and find a head that has 426 as the last numbers in the casting

Re: whats the difference between a regular and plus IH head? January 27, 2013 05:41AM
Why is the 426 head better for porting?

Re: whats the difference between a regular and plus IH head? January 27, 2013 10:03AM
From what I have "heard" from "they say" is that it takes less port work to flow what was needed. This was at least in my case with a 466 3000 rpm tractor.

Re: whats the difference between a regular and plus IH head? January 28, 2013 05:10AM
The + head came on 2wd tractor's as well

Re: whats the difference between a regular and plus IH head? January 27, 2013 08:46PM
Cheating with truck parts!!!! Easiest way to describe it

Re: whats the difference between a regular and plus IH head? January 28, 2013 01:35AM
truck parts
Cheating with truck parts!!!! Easiest way to describe it

"WAAAAAHHHHHHH!" is how I would describe that statement. The 426 is not a truck head, by the way.

Re: whats the difference between a regular and plus IH head? January 28, 2013 05:50AM
The 426 or plus head is a factory low swirl, higher flow then a head like the 833 which is a mid-range swirl. then you have the N/A head which are the high swirl. so if your goal is cfm's the 426 is going to be your best casting to start with. The 833 seem like the way to go on a 3000rpm tractor tho because in my experiences good swirl will out preform high flow when you don't have the rpms to move the air.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,773, Posts: 229,940, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,029.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009