Engine question for Curt Forrester January 29, 2013 11:10AM
Hey Curt, I know you have posted this on here before, and I have tried to call you but it's tough to get a busy man on the phone. Any way. I am looking to put a 304 crank in a factory 7000 ford block, what all would i need to acquire for parts to pull this off? Thanks in advance.

Re: Engine question for Curt Forrester January 30, 2013 03:43PM
I would recommend installing a 304 shortblock it will be a lot less work and you will be happier with it. Now on the other hand if you can't use the 304 block and you have to use the 256 block you can. You will need to notch the bottom of the sleeves on both side for the rods to clear but don't notch to far or you will hit water.Secondly you will need to grind your rod bolts or switch to new style rods to clear the cam. Next you will need to order a late 268 series 2 balancer.There will be grinding needed done on the oil pump and the oil pan not much but alittle bit. Next problem is pistons You will need to get billets or bore it out and use other style pistons. Send me an email if you like.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,769, Posts: 229,936, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,026.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009