466 in a 756 January 31, 2013 10:30AM
Is it posssible to put a 466 in a 756? Rules says nothing newer than 1969. Already have tractor. What all needs done to fit engine. I have access to machine shop if something will need to be made.

Re: 466 in a 756 January 31, 2013 01:37PM
Im puting one in an 806 which is essentially the same chassis. Im not sure if the 7s are any different. To put one in mine I am using the rear plate and front timing cover from a 66 series. trouble is the frame rails are smaller (5" where as 66's are 7") so it will take some modifying of frame rails or use 66 rails, which are wider so to keep the stock width I put new channel and replaced the stock to make it work. the ears will need to be trimmed on the front cover to the correct frame width, the rear plate will have to be cut down to the stock bellhousing and fill a small cavity thats now exposed with some filler to smooth it over. the radiator hose outlets will be opposite, and you will have to trim some off the frame to keep your stock sheet metal as the adapter plate is about an inch thicker on a dt. it can be done, but its time consuming to make it not as obvious.

Re: 466 in a 756 February 01, 2013 12:36AM
Why not just use 806 diesel frame rails engine plate is same thickness so sheet metal will work out. I just installed a 436 in 706 made a great tractor

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,748, Posts: 229,892, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,087, Posts: 225,995.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM