What's up with sled setting @ NFMS mod finals? February 14, 2009 03:53PM
If I read results right, a double pull off?
And, all 6 tractors made full pulls in the first go-round?

Who was in charge of that track?

With $$$$ in expensive engines, making guys run 3 times doesn't seem like a good way to run a pull.

Can anyone who was actually there tell us what went on?

Re: What's up with sled setting @ NFMS mod finals? February 14, 2009 04:53PM
Not really sure if you can fault the track crew on this one. Track had a lot of bite and the mods really hooked up. The only thing I'd have tried differently was not pull a second tractor to see if it was right. When it sails out the end it's too light. Just like the 2wd trucks the other night. 17 in the class and witnessed 27 passes.

Re: What's up with sled setting @ NFMS mod finals? February 15, 2009 01:11AM
For $175.00 tickets I would think the more passes you get to see, the better. But I understand where your coming from on the amount of rehooks. I have seen double pulloffs before outdoors and never understood why that occured. Indoors I can see the possibility of it happening.

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
www.easternextremepulling.com
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Re: What's up with sled setting @ NFMS mod finals? February 15, 2009 01:21AM
Must have had some of the midsouth crew there,long drugout out show.And screw the truck pullers( TRACTORS RULE )

Re: What's up with sled setting @ NFMS mod finals? February 15, 2009 02:57AM
no wonder you are a "hasbeen".

Re: What's up with sled setting @ NFMS mod finals? February 15, 2009 02:31PM
Truth is sled operation was very poor during the NFMS,settings were bad,and all the sled did was jump bounce and slam.

Re: What's up with sled setting @ NFMS mod finals? February 15, 2009 04:23AM
they reason behind the double pull-off was that the first two tractors took in to the sand while they were decideing to reset the sled they decided that it would only be fair to all the guys in the class to run that setting on the sled due to the fact that the first two tractor had hot engines now and the other four had fresh engines that had not run yet so they decided to let them all run and get the engines hot so that when the came back that it was fair for everyone! The track crew is an A-1 crew they balance being fair to everyone and putting on a good show pretty damn well alot better that alot of us!

Re: What's up with sled setting @ NFMS mod finals? February 15, 2009 05:34AM
From what I saw in the stands, it was the other pullers and tim engler that saved purser. The sled got changed after his second run and then changed back. It looked as though they stepped up and said it's not right and It wasn't. Hard to believe the sled operator has a mod, wonder if he'd like to melt his stuff down at one pull cause no one knows how to set the sled.

Re: What's up with sled setting @ NFMS mod finals? February 15, 2009 09:46AM
I think its fairly obvious that this sled owner may have been fairly disappointed that his own tractor was not accepted after running the sled at this pull for so long. Its not too hard for a bad sled setting to make a class look stupid. Example: the last time the Light SS ran. If you dont think this could ever happen, just think back to Bowling Green in 1995 when a Bauer sled mysteriously dropped the 2nd hook and chain (it was not used at this event) in front of the sled on the same tractor 3 times in a weekend. This was also the only 3 times it happened at all. I would never accuse Bauer's of being unethical in running an event from the seat on the sled, but if you dont think politics play into this sport, you've never seen a rules meeting or paid attention to anything that has happened with any sanctioning body. For as well as Adam's tractor ran outdoors last summer and as well presented vehicle as it is, they really should have been invited. I dont think that anyone didnt deserve to be there, but its only suiting to invite someone so closely related to such an intergral part of the event. Im sure the modified pullers were upset for being made to run so many times, but this was partially the doing of the committee that runs the pull. Next to meet the chopping block will be Unlimited Supers. A certain committee member definitely has a bone to pick with this class because they go too fast and make too much power for his stomach. The same reason the mini rods and light supers will never be back. Louisville is a great event for the fans, but can we call this anything more than the biggest brush pull in the sport?

Bauer's mod February 15, 2009 10:03AM
Was told they did not apply

Re: Bauer's mod February 15, 2009 11:17AM
I was also told that.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,790, Posts: 229,989, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,066.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009