Second attempt in pulloff? February 14, 2009 05:00PM
Not sure I've ever seen a second attempt allowed in a pulloff. Is this right or not? Turn Me Loose blew the stack off before 100' and shut it down. He was allowed 5 minutes to get it fixed, patched it up and rehooked. It held to about 150' then blew smoke the rest of the way. Not trying to take anything away from Luke, that tractor runs well. Your thoughts?

Re: Second attempt in pulloff? February 14, 2009 05:15PM
I've seen a second attempt in a pulloff on a few other occasions. I thought it was an excellent way to end the finals.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Second attempt in pulloff? February 15, 2009 02:11PM
The late Ron Berry blew his smoke stack off, got red flagged, and continued to pull years ago at the NFMS. Got him disqualified and if I recall correctly, banished for about 5 years before he was allowed to bring any of his three tractor back to Louisville.

Re: Second attempt in pulloff? February 15, 2009 12:12AM
It used to be in the indoor pulling rules that smoke machine or pipe malfunction were not grounds for a DQ. Meaning that if the pipe blew off you were not obligated to shut it down. But there are no rules at the NFMS so who knows. I`d bet a lot of money how that is ruled on in Lville depends greatly on who the puller is and how PO`d the committee is at that puller at the time.

Re: Second attempt in pulloff? February 15, 2009 12:34AM
I can't think of a better example of the extra back pressure put on a turbo just by simply adding more pipe, always wondered if the tractor would do better if they put a smoke pipe on that was at least 2" or even 4" larger then the pipe on the tractor? wish I was there, sounds like it was a great show!

Re: Second attempt in pulloff? February 15, 2009 02:46AM
Not stirring, just asking.

Re: Second attempt in pulloff? February 15, 2009 11:27AM
According to NTPA rules, there are two attempts allowed even in a pulloff.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009