diesel fwd at farm show February 16, 2013 06:05AM
they are really bad indoors time to drop them from the farm show...they take to much time half break and the other half don.t run..bring in 4.1 prostock

Re: diesel fwd at farm show February 16, 2013 06:32AM
Get ready limited or light pro. A spot is open!!!

Re: diesel fwd at farm show February 16, 2013 07:53AM
Lim Pro!!

Re: diesel fwd at farm show February 16, 2013 10:20AM
wasn't at the pull but what I see is that as soon as you put doors on it,it takes a lot longer to get the class through! just my .02

Re: diesel fwd at farm show February 16, 2013 02:48PM
Bring back the Gas mod 4x4's ! The committee should have never got rid of them very established and competitive class and was part of the show since the early years .

Re: diesel fwd at farm show February 16, 2013 04:00PM
Outdoors I agree but not inside and not the farm show. It should and will be a diesel tractor class. Light or Limited

Re: diesel fwd at farm show February 16, 2013 03:15PM
I agree. I was there...time for them to go. Bring back the mod 4x4s or super mod 4x4s. I think there should deffinately still be a 4x4 truck class.....just not the diesels. Just one guys opinion.

Re: diesel fwd at farm show February 16, 2013 05:09PM
For sure the mod 4x4. You have to have trucks at the farm show

Re: diesel fwd at farm show February 16, 2013 05:26PM
As if the thread needed another dissenting opinion, I too believe that the diesel truck class should be dropped.
Don't get me wrong, they're alright to watch outdoors where they have room to run. But on a short track...not so much.
I didn't think we were ever going to have three trucks with a measurable distance...

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: diesel fwd at farm show February 17, 2013 04:17AM
Just a question, why is there not a mini rod class at this event? Is it a logistical issue in switching sleds? Just wondering..

Re: diesel fwd at farm show February 17, 2013 05:11AM
I thought I heard something about the insurance company not allowing the minis at Louisville. I might be wrong but that's the reason I believe.

Re: diesel fwd at farm show February 17, 2013 10:46AM
I probably wouldn't let them pull if I was insuring them. I'd love to see them there, but those guys can have trouble keeping it between the lines on a big wide track. Running them inside there these days would create a major pucker factor for everybody sitting on the lower level. I'm sure the expense of bringing a third sled down is pretty prohibitive too. I doubt they'd bring that many more people in than any other class would, while costing a lot more due to the 3rd sled.

Re: diesel fwd at farm show February 17, 2013 12:01PM
I wouldn't let the minis either for safety issue. I think it was 1990, my first year there with my highschool ffa and remember a mini bounceing up the concrete bearrier(sp) on the side if the track

Re: diesel fwd at farm show February 17, 2013 01:10PM
Im all for light pro or maybe combination with limited + there is more color in that class than any other!

Re: diesel fwd at farm show February 18, 2013 02:50AM
I think the reason people dont think the diesel trucks are a good show indoors is because on the outdoor tracks they always have the sled to light. Imo if they wanted a diesel truck class at nfms the mod class should have never been chosen. The farm show is supposed to be the best of the best pick from all over the country. The trucks you see in the diesel class are the only ones out there so your stuck with what you got some of them dont even pull much at all. The 3.0 class would have been a better choice as its more competitive and lots of trucks to choose from.

Re: diesel fwd at farm show February 18, 2013 04:19AM
I think they should add a class of stock import front wheel drive cars with a 12" hitch.

Re: diesel fwd at farm show February 19, 2013 10:05AM
Waiting for one of the dssfwd to make the right turn and hit one of the barriers.
Have seen far more feds hits barriers or run totally off of the track than I ever have seen
Mini's go off to the side. Everyone's going off the last time they were there a lot has changed.
The biggest is the sleds can handle the tractors easier now. Mini's have been running indoors for
a long time. The only thing I can think of is the second chain. That could be solved buy using a locking
hook. Bob Curren has been running one for few years now and haven't seen any problems with it. It will
hitch off before it comes off.

Re: diesel fwd at farm show February 18, 2013 10:36AM
I think they should get rid of the 2wd trucks also to much noise in the building and most of the crowd stands next to the beer stand anyway add light limited pro and get rid of 4wd trucks maybe go to single turbo trucks. From someone who sits up top the fumes get to your eyes after to alchy classes.

Re: diesel fwd at farm show February 18, 2013 02:58PM
My Opinion
1. Must be a class with good numbers
2. Must have very similar rules across all associations
3. Must exist in Outlaw, PPL, and NTPA
4. No noise

Looking at those things 4.1's have it. If it was outside 4x4 trucks for sure. But they aren't going to have all these regional classes like LLSS or 3.0 diesel trucks. There aren't enough QUALITY mods or DSS to make another class. Minis are too dangerous for that track and Light Pros just aren't in enough places yet. Maybe I'm missing a class like Semis????

P.S. Lawnmowers???? No way

Re: diesel fwd at farm show February 18, 2013 10:59AM
Another Thought of action at NFMS: What about 12 of the Nation's Top 50.5 Cubic Inch Pro Stock or Super Stock GARDEN TRACTORS. Fast Pasted, little track maintenance.

Keep in mind these are Not your Father's lawn mowers.

thanks

Re: diesel fwd at farm show February 18, 2013 02:43PM
You might as well have Farm Stock tractors if your looking for something else to watch.

Re: diesel fwd at farm show February 19, 2013 06:10AM
Have you guys watched the mini class lately.. The good pullers go straight and make very nice passes. I havent seen many get out of control lately from the top notch teams. And insurance purposes. Yeah right. Wait till a Dss, alkyss, lss, dss4wd, or pro stock blows up and puts a wrist pin through someones head. Then there will b no more pulling. Complain about the noise of a twd mod or mini but wait till a diesel blows up. see what you guys say then.Louisville is a presitgous pull but alot of politics.

Re: Mini's are not unsafe in Freedom Hall February 19, 2013 09:39AM
I really think the mini's would be a great class for the NFMS. As far as being unsafe I think they would really be a very safe class in Freedom Hall. I base that opinion on the fact that they are a very light weight pulling vehicle and if one was to break loose they would not be able to push any of the concert barriers very far. Also with the small size I really can't see one climbing the barrier and getting into the crowd. Unlike a 6 to 10,000 lbs vehicle that already hook in Freedom Hall the mini's would have less momentum and would most likely do less damage. I also agree that the mini's of today are much more likely to not get out of control like the class from years ago.

Re: Mini's are not unsafe in Freedom Hall February 19, 2013 10:07AM
Waiting for one of the dssfwd to make the right turn and hit one of the barriers.
Have seen far more feds hits barriers or run totally off of the track than I ever have seen
Mini's go off to the side. Everyone's going off the last time they were there a lot has changed.
The biggest is the sleds can handle the tractors easier now. Mini's have been running indoors for
a long time. The only thing I can think of is the second chain. That could be solved buy using a locking
hook. Bob Curren has been running one for few years now and haven't seen any problems with it. It will
hitch off before it comes off.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,776, Posts: 229,946, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,032.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009