? for Badger State and ORVTPA: History of the LLSS class February 23, 2013 02:05AM
If anyone knows (and somebody does), can you provide the historical background on the development of the LLSS class for both Badger State and ORVTPA? When did these groups start to run this class? How have the rules changed from when the class started?

One other ORVTPA question- back when Tom McConnell ran Bluegrass Pullers in the 90s, I believe he ran a modified stock class that was around 5500lb. Did this turn into the LLSS class, or did it start from another source in KY.

Thanks for any historical info.

Re: ? for Badger State and ORVTPA: History of the LLSS class February 23, 2013 03:25AM
Badger State first ran this class in 1997.It originated from the old West Central IL organization which doesn't exist now.Badger State took their rules and brought the class in.West Central IL (WCITPA) had run this class since the late 80's.As far as rules none have really changed much except for the twin charger rule for the 310 cube guys which got changed in the mid 90's.

Re: ? for Badger State and ORVTPA: History of the LLSS class February 23, 2013 09:42AM
Orvtpa started running the class on the late 90s, can't remember exactly which year.

Re: ? for Badger State and ORVTPA: History of the LLSS class February 23, 2013 11:57AM
I dont remember what year we got the class started in orvtpa But i was the one who got the class started after winning more than my share with 2 different 570 cockshutts THE Canadion Outlaw and the Kicken Chicken in the modified stock class the last year i pulled that class a cockshutt with a hercules eng could only run 360 cubes the rest had a 800 cube limit that ment time for a change the club said if i could get enough interest in the class we would start the class so we did myself with a 570 called the Rooster cruiser. Kendel Harlow,, Steve Merideth, keven Hildenbran, Scotty Chappel, Tommy Stringer,started out the first year and its grew ever since 30.5 tires data loggers profabs and the weight are basicaly the only rules thats been changed

Re: ? for Badger State and ORVTPA: History of the LLSS class February 23, 2013 02:03PM
Hey Lewis, was the charger size limit diffrent when it started?

Re: ? for Badger State and ORVTPA: History of the LLSS class February 25, 2013 12:05PM
N i think it was the same i was running a 4lhr some were running s4s 28 to 30 two 1 gears was what every one wanted at that time now thats just a good gear to load with 24,5 was the tire rule

LLSS yesterdays topic how it got started orvtpa February 24, 2013 11:43AM
What happend to that topic .Is any of the origanal pullers still pulling

Re: LLSS yesterdays topic how it got started orvtpa February 24, 2013 01:06PM
Tommy Stringer is still pulling his JD called her money, Jerry Sipes and David Chapell are also still pulling. David Bewely ran a naturally aspirated Moline in the early years of the class as well.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,961, Members: 3,339.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,044.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009