opinion of western farm show February 23, 2013 11:55PM
Was it any good? How was the crowd?

Re: opinion of western farm show February 24, 2013 02:31AM
Saturday night. There was some good iron there. The show moved along pretty slowly no sense of urgency among the track crew. The track was fairly dry and vehicles had a hard time getting hooked up. The sound system in kemper needs a major tuneup. The crowd was relatively small, the lower level was 1/2 full maybe and don't think there was a soul in the upper level other than security.

Grade C-

The show is lacking in one area primarily: speed of, :show. This is killing the excitement/ fun factor of the show

Re: opinion of western farm show February 24, 2013 04:45AM
Pull went a lot faster than previous years. Been to all three and this by far the best. Some pullers could not make it because of the weather, but still 5 classes and about 50 hooks, along with 15 award presentations and done by 11:00. Not bad and well worth they money. We will be back next year.

Re: opinion of western farm show February 24, 2013 05:26AM
I'd like to see some different iron for them to pull against at a show like this. I get it that come summer time when all of the organizations are going, you're not going to see a lot of pullers coming in from out east so having unique rules doesn't hurt their numbers. But when you're the only pull in the country going on, they should open up their rules somehow and allow some guys to come in and run with them. That's just my opinion.

Re: opinion of western farm show February 24, 2013 12:05PM
There were vehicles from other orgs invited, few didn't make because of weather, few broke before pull, test hooks and such.
And as far as ventilation, had more classes than were scheduled, which meant more vehicles for a longer than scheduled amount of time.

Re: opinion of western farm show February 24, 2013 10:39AM
This was my first and last year. Like previously stated- sound system wasn't great and the ventilation was absolutely horrible!! Didn't even stay for sat show. Was a disappointment for me. Keep trying to improve! The vehicles were nice to see

Re: opinion of western farm show February 25, 2013 12:40AM
Was there Sat. nite and I thought the show was fine. The sound system wasn't the best, don't think all the speakers were working. Didn't see any problems with the ventilation. I thought the track crew done a fine job with what they had to work with, a little water would have helped things but overall things went well. JMO

Re: opinion of western farm show February 25, 2013 03:21AM
i agree with ac fan great show saturday nite friday nite was a little slow and the light supers was a little disappointing but still a good show the only thing that bothers me is when they say tractor pull at 6 i didnt realize that meant line up the pullers introduce them do the lee greenwood thing the anthem and then start at 630

Re: opinion of western farm show February 25, 2013 04:45AM
The show took way to long. They should have had the tractor picked up on the carrier ready for the sled to back up. The other ready to pull out the one that just got done. They need to use the skidsteer back behind the sled with a roller more often so the guys at the end dosnt have to go all the way to the start line. I seen lots of guys with western farm show jackets on just watchin 3 guys work fri,sat night. If the show starts at 6:30 say 6:30 not 6. Kinda like to think the guys putting this show on has been to a indoor tractor pull before? Did they forget there notpads in pens?

Re: opinion of western farm show February 25, 2013 04:00PM
A tractor left the line an average of every 3min 40sec both nights. Trucks, mods, and two wheelers an average 4min 15sec each. Not sure i saw a way to do it any faster with the space confinements they worked with. Also thought the crew showed an extreme sense of urgency from about 8:00 am til 1:00 am. Both nights. Great show. Glad I got to come and hope to make it next year!

Re: opinion of western farm show February 26, 2013 02:15AM
Using an average of 4 min per hook gives us approximately 3 hours 15 minutes of pulling and approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes of sled reset track prep and driver interviews of top 3

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009