Money in pulling April 28, 2016 01:34PM
One thing that really bothers me about pulling is how money always seems to ruin things or at least in my area it seems to. For example a few guys started an entry level performance class and 6 yrs later the rules have changed and it's far from what it was meant to be. The shear cost to build and maintain a competitive tractor has skyrocketed out of the budget for the working man. So with that being said has anyone or I should say has any organization taken a page out of the stock car rule book and created a crate motor class and applied it to pulling? Just food for thought here go with a 602 / 604 gm crate engine factory sealed just like rush late models. They're good for 400hp and twist 6400rpm and run about 5k brand new. Put that in a 5000lb class give the 602 a little extra weight to even things out and with the sleds we have today they could cruise down the track without braking the bank. Being the hp isn't crazy no exotic gears and shafts to have custom built just safety equipment and go have fun. It would keep cost to a minimum in a entry level performance class that would be very competitive since all the tractors are running the same engine. It would be the ultimate drivers class let's face it there are enough variables in pulling (gearing tires air pressure weight etc...) that would keep the guy with the most money out and the best puller in the 1 spot.

Re: Money in pulling April 28, 2016 02:39PM
Outlaws seems to be the only one's that seen this coming years ago and Roberts caught a lot of crap for his rules to keep cost down and multiple winners. Now look where Outlaws is in the pulling world. On top and they done it without deep pockets from Lucas Oil. They did it the old fashion way with hard work and making good decisions and looking ahead. Results don't lie!

Re: Money in pulling April 29, 2016 06:17AM
Doesn't matter what motor sport you're in. The way it goes. couple of the top runners want more. Its to better the class they say. You'll go faster and further they say. Next thing you know. Your only 200 hundred horse off the next class. Mean time half the field has quit because of money issues. Now class is too expensive for the newbee to get started. The crate class is also doing it in circle track as well. Heck I just seen a pure stock come off dyno at 425 hp and 400 torque. What's pure about that? The best solution is if you want to crank it up. Move up to the next class and spend your own money. Instead of spending everyone else's money for a few's own upgrades. If you 're spending to much drop down to class you can run. Stop changing the rules

Re: Money in pulling April 29, 2016 07:01AM
If you want a low cost entry level class your choices are the local farm tractor classes at the county fair which check rpm and dyno the winner or NATPA Division I antiques where you make a hitch, wheelie bars, and weight bars and go pulling.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,687, Posts: 229,792, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,955.

Our newest member Jason