Component vs. AG Rearend April 29, 2016 03:31AM
Was wondering what the horsepower and torque advantage was going from a needled AG style Rearend to a Needled Component Style. And the horse powe gain if I where to put a aftermarket trany in an AG Rear.

Re: Component vs. AG Rearend April 29, 2016 07:59AM
New Keyboard Puller
Was wondering what the horsepower and torque advantage was going from a needled AG style Rearend to a Needled Component Style. And the horse powe gain if I where to put a aftermarket trany in an AG Rear.

You don't gain any horsepower or torque. You also won't gain any horsepower putting in an aftermarket tranny. None of those things make power. The engine is the ONLY thing that makes the power. The only way the rearend is going to make power is if you hide a nitrous bottle in the housing! Getting power to the ground and drivetrain efficiency is debatable. The more gears you put the power through the more friction losses you'll have.

Component tractors can be built stronger and lighter and some say cheaper. They can also be built with different flex characteristics than a ag chassis can.

Re: Component vs. AG Rearend April 29, 2016 08:53AM
I know it's not going to actually gain horse power in the engine. But I was wondering how much a ag rear robbed compared to a component. For example only: would I need an extra 200hp with a ag rear compared to a component style. Same ratios on both same everything just different rears.

Re: Component vs. AG Rearend April 30, 2016 10:48AM
Same number of gears, same gear ratio, needled rear gear carrier, no difference in power transmitted to the ground. The reason for the needled rear gear carrier is the more power you put to the ground, the more it can "lock up" your rear gear carrier differential, and if you need to hit a brake, it acts like a positraction and pulls the motor down, costing you distance on the track. A really good fully needled rear gear carrier won't give you any horsepower, but it will give you distance on the track if you have to touch the brakes. A friend has one for sale for a John Deere 4430, fully needled by Humpco. Post contact info if interested.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,704, Posts: 229,806, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,953.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro