Any interest in a light hot tractor class in SW Wi? December 26, 2015 02:12AM
I'm trying to get a light hot tractor class put together to run in SW WI. Open to turbo tractors, gas or diesel and also NA tractors. I have talked to a local club and if there is enough interest it could get worked into there pulls this coming season. Probably be 6000 lbs. And 18 mph pace. All safety equip. Please contact me if you would be interested in something like this. Thanks! Matt call or text 608-604-4104.

Re: Any interest in a light hot tractor class in SW Wi? December 26, 2015 06:33AM
Take away 18 mph. Then sure. 18.4 I'm guessing for tires.

Re: Any interest in a light hot tractor class in SW Wi? December 26, 2015 08:30AM
I agree, take the speed limit away and you will have more interest.

Re: Any interest in a light hot tractor class in SW Wi? December 26, 2015 08:47AM
If you take away the speed limit- and I would agree with that- what do you have left? Its called llss. Without a speed limit, it will be very hard to join up with operating clubs and have any sort of insurance coverage.

Re: Any interest in a light hot tractor class in SW Wi? December 26, 2015 12:58PM
The Illiana Pullers Association has a class called the Outlaws @ 6500# similar to what you are describing w/o a speed limit. You can check the rules at the illianapullers.com. It is a very successful class for the group and grew very quickly.

Ya know, pulling has become really stupid December 26, 2015 03:05PM
See'in Red
I'm trying to get a light hot tractor class put together to run in SW WI. Open to turbo tractors, gas or diesel and also NA tractors. I have talked to a local club and if there is enough interest it could get worked into there pulls this coming season. Probably be 6000 lbs. And 18 mph pace. All safety equip. Please contact me if you would be interested in something like this. Thanks! Matt call or text 608-604-4104.

I am sorry, but if I wanted to see a parade, I would go to a parade. When I go to a pull, I don't want to see a speed limit. I want to see how far tractors go down the track!

Re: Ya know, pulling has become really stupid December 26, 2015 03:34PM
And, aren't the eleventy million tractor classes in that area already divided up enough?
I realize, everyone wants to win, but, holy cow,,,,,,,

Re: Good Guy/Good Idea December 27, 2015 01:25AM
There is interest in a class like this in the area. One club kind of offers it, but wants to keep the rules for one tractor only. I hope he is not looking for that club to add this class, which I'm thinking he is looking at another club which has a heavier Modified Farm class at 18mph. Years ago there were a number of these light tractors around. When pulling died out in the area after the V-8 accident they have just been sitting around. A few have made it back out but there is not a real class for them to always pull in.

With all the pulling in the area now, if you don't like speed limit classes there are plenty of other pulls to go to. If you want to pull and don't have the funds to pull a LLSS this is one way to keep the cost down so more people can afford to pull. If you want to go as fast as you can you better have at least $75,000 to get started if you want to win once in a while. Everyone needs a place to start. Look at any organization and there will be someone that started out with antiques or farm tractors and climbed there way up. And yes, some of those even pulled with a speed limit. Pulling needs these guys to get started and hopefully be able to climb up the ladder to other classes someday. In this area there is a small handful of people building for the open rpm no speed limit classes anymore and some groups are starting to hurt for numbers as some guys do move up classes. We need these "starter classes" so guys get something going and hopefully move up a class someday.

Good luck See'in Red, Hope you get a class going.

Re: Good Guy/Good Idea December 27, 2015 02:27AM
[www.illianapullers.com]

Re: Good Guy/Good Idea December 31, 2015 03:02PM
Take your pick. A bunch of rules limiting cubic inch, turbos, pumps, rpm, etc...and have one show up that fits the rules and no speed limit.

OR! Run what ya brung style rules. Basically safety equipment and a mph limit and see what shows up the first couple years. And the last I checked, 18 mph is still moving pretty good. At Jay you'll see a variety.

Re: Good Guy/Good Idea December 31, 2015 03:04PM
Not sure where the Jay came from...should be "at least"

Re: Good Guy/Good Idea January 01, 2016 02:07AM
Having a speed limit takes a lot of the whining and sometimes complicated tech process out. When there's nothing to really cheat on as long as you don't break the speed limit it becomes a more relaxed and fun class. Plus you won't have to build a new setup every 2 years to keep up with everybody. That's why a lot of mph classes are full of pullers. No it's not a fan favorite but the pullers seem to like it once they give it a chance.

Re: Good Guy/Good Idea January 01, 2016 04:58AM
The fans hate speed limits, don't forget we are only there because the spectators show up. If it's a crappy show they won't come back.

Re: Good Guy/Good Idea January 01, 2016 07:31AM
I agree completely, but when you're talking about just one class I don't think that will keep the fans from coming back. More members and pullers is always beneficial for the club and it provides a good starter type class as well.

Re: Good Guy/Good Idea January 01, 2016 11:17AM
Fans may hate a slow speed limit. 18 will still be entertaining. You can run no speed limit and they'll set the sled up so damn heavy you won't even get close to 18. With a limit, they can lighten it up a little and let everyone boogy

Re: Good Guy/Good Idea January 03, 2016 02:45AM
I think at that weight that it would probably easiest to just adopt the rules that Neil suggested, and quit arguing, and this is coming from a speed limit guy.

Re: Good Guy/Good Idea January 03, 2016 03:20AM
The Illiana light hot farm rules are fine by me, but it doesn't allow for any alcohol tractors. I personally dont think there are any alcohol tractors out there looking for a class to run in, but I could be wrong. Another issue with their rules is that the guys wanting this class want to run wide open throttle. Again- I'm fine with that as well. The hard part is to deal with a speed limit when running open rpms. I dont want to see turbo gas tractors running open revs and limit diesels to 3,000. If that is the case, I would want a bigger windmill on the diesels or something. Would you guys starting the class consider no pace on dirt? Or is it pretty essential that speed be kept in check? Not arguing- just asking. Maybe for the first year leave it as ALL safety equiptment, any 18.4 tire and 6,000 or 6500lbs on a 20" hitch at 18mph and see if everyone can have a good time. If someone comes in with a prostock motor to pull for $50, then I guess that will be their decision.

Re: Good Guy/Good Idea January 03, 2016 06:16AM
I'm running alcohol injected. I would consider running a few times. Working my way up to llss. My tractor is a pi nss tractor.

Re: Good Guy/Good Idea January 01, 2016 12:22PM
That's the idea guys, not a ton of rules and run what you brung. I figured the speed limit would keep things in check and be a good Class for us pullers that wanna go faster than 8 or 10 mph and still kind of be an affordable class. Thanks for all the input guys, I will post again once I meet with the clubs president.

Re: Good Guy/Good Idea January 01, 2016 12:50PM
Where does a speed limit save money? I understand the local clubs prefer to see the speed limit guideline, but how does it prevent any area of spending when designing and building a tractor for pulling? Whatever final drive ratio you need, gears have to be made. Shafts have to be replaced with better ones, clutches have to be improved. Regardless of speed, everything that would break at higher wheel speeds will break at any speed given enough time. Wont a slower speed subject the drivetrain to more torsional forces, or am I looking at it wrong? I can go with the flow and work around speed limits if thats what pullers, clubs and promoters want. I just wonder how it saves money. Do you have a meeting time set with the interested club's president yet? I gave some thought to what we had discussed and I wonder if I wasnt off on some of my suggestions. Give me a call sometime to discuss further your thoughts on cubic inches and chargers.

Re: Good Guy/Good Idea January 01, 2016 02:26PM
You are right. Speed limits make you build for more torque. With that you want more tread on tires for bite. That in turn puts more strain on driveline and engine.

Re: Good Guy/Good Idea January 01, 2016 02:32PM
Here is my question for you Mike and whoever else is saying speed limits are not a good idea. What were to happen to any tractor class that uses a speed limit in badgerland, southwest pullers, Midwest pulls, south central or anywhere else as a matter of fact? Whether it be antique, farm, open or too hot to farm?

Re: Good Guy/Good Idea January 02, 2016 12:51AM
Just my opinion don't call a paced class a open class. If you are passed then it is not an open class. Just my opinion. And I have seen clubs run passed classes. Some make it cause they have hot classes to put around them. Others fade over time. Tractor pulling keeps doing a big circle. And there is no such thing as a farm stock class any more. You might get a couple at a pull right off the farm but they fall to bottom of the class usually. It's just intestine to see how things have evolved from the past and looks to be doing the cycle again.

Re: Good Guy/Good Idea January 02, 2016 04:25AM
If the class was truly an open with no pace, your 460 wouldn't even stand a chance. At least with a pace, you could actually place. The pace is the easiest way to get it started without making a long list of limits to keep it in check.

Re: Good Guy/Good Idea January 03, 2016 02:38PM
Im in Norteast Wisc and the local club, NEW Motorsports run a 12,500 3000rpm, 18mph class. Class had about 20 hooks last year and had 12 tractors in the class running all year, next season theres talk of 1-2 more tractors and this class is the most requested class of event promotors for 2016 season so far. Has Safety rules, and class is teched. A good set of rules easily defined and teched make for a great class. Top finishs routinely where within a foot 1st to 3rd place, many times much less.

Red712

Re: Good Guy/Good Idea January 04, 2016 12:42PM
Red712 is right, that N.E.W 12,5 18mph class is just as good as any open speed hotfarm.
At 18 mph it is anything but boring and far from the parade pace that "dumbmule" speaks of.
Makes a much easier group to tech as well in my opinion.

Re: Good Guy/Good Idea January 05, 2016 10:11AM
I pull in the 12,5 class Red712 is talking about and pulling in this class is a blast. It definitely puts added pressure on the driver and its fun to see how far each driver is willing to push the speed limit. 18 MPH isn't flying but it makes it possible to put a competitive tractor on the track with a reasonable investment.

Re: Any interest in a light hot tractor class in SW Wi? January 06, 2016 05:22PM
Update: I spoke earlier today with Guy Nelson, the president of Southwest Wisconsin Pullers. Guy is willing to give this class a try at his pulls. It's going to be called 6500lb Outlaw class. It will be paced at 18mph, 20" drawbar height, 18.4x38 max tire size, any tire any cut, and run what you brung. Diesel, gas, turbos, NA, V-8s, anything goes. There will be required safety equipment from front to back, wide fronts, side shields, electric fans, steel flywheels, blanket, steel scatter shield and/or tranny blankets, tie bars, kill switch mounted on back of tractor, wheelie bars. ROPs or roll cage and skis are going to be recommended but not a requirement as of yet. Guy wants to meet with in the next few weeks with pullers who are interested in this type of class. Please contact me at 608-604-4104 and let me know when the best time to arrange a meeting would be. Thanks.

Re: meeting scheduled January 11, 2016 07:50PM
There will be a meeting for all pullers who are interested in this class. The meet will be on January 23, at 3pm at the Country Gardens in Soldiers Grove.

Re: meeting scheduled January 22, 2016 04:13PM
See n red, check out our rules at wnypropulling series.com. . The light pro stock class. We run 410 CID,2.6 turbo,3200rpm and 800na open rpm, and small block v8 410 CID max 8000rpm,with chip? 18x38s any cut @6500lbs. Winners in every category,and several pulls where the whole class of ten tractors was within 10ft.

Re: Any interest in a light hot tractor class in SW Wi? January 20, 2016 01:59PM
Looking forward to meeting on Saturday. Hope everyone interested in this class can make it. I'm guessing I might even buy a round. See you Saturday.

Thanks,
Guy

Re: Any interest in a light hot tractor class in SW Wi? January 20, 2016 11:44PM
I won't be able to come. Right during chore time.

Re: Any interest in a light hot tractor class in SW Wi? January 27, 2016 01:36PM
How did the meeting go?

Re: Any interest in a light hot tractor class in SW Wi? January 30, 2016 11:58AM
The meeting went very well and I thought there was a good turn out. SWWI Pullers is going to put this class on. The rules are being worked on and will be posted on SWWI Pullers website soon. It was decided to run tractors, altered stock 4wd trucks and 2wd trucks gas or diesel together in this class. Trucks will be required to run DOT approved tires. My name is Matt and I will be a contact person for the class. Call me with questions, my number is listed in the first post above. Thanks.

update on Outlaw class February 22, 2016 09:25AM
I just spoke with Guy and there are already 8 pulls scheduled for the 6500lb Outlaw class. The rules are being finished up and the tentative schedule will be posted on Swwi pullers website soon.

Re: Any interest in a light hot tractor class in SW Wi? February 23, 2016 02:10AM
what are tractor rules?

Re: Any interest in a light hot tractor class in SW Wi? February 23, 2016 10:59AM
Most of the rules are posted above in an earlier post. Give me a call and I will go over what we have so far with you.

Re: Any interest in a light hot tractor class in SW Wi? May 05, 2016 07:42PM
The 6500 Outlaws class will start the pulling at Motorsports Mayhem in Richland Center this Saturday, May 7th at 11am. Thanks to Guy Nelson for giving this class a chance and also to Jason Shultz for his promoting this class at the mayhem Saturday. See you all there. Thanks.

Re: Any interest in a light hot tractor class in SW Wi? May 06, 2016 04:55AM
Check out ECITPA and Heartland pullers in eastern Iowa, they both have light hot stock classes. If the rules would be similar It would give all clubs more pulls to go to! Basic run down of the rules for them is 360ci, 3lm or s300 turbo, 18.4x38 or 20.8x 34, 3500 rpm, no intercoolers, water inj allowed, All safety equip. required, No speed limit, 7500 and 8000 lbs weight. The turbo and cubic inch is the limiting factor in the class. ECITPA is getting a good following with this class. If you go to youtube and search plowboy68 you can find videos of the class to see if it would be something that SW Wi would be interested in making.

Re: Any interest in a light hot tractor class in SW Wi? May 06, 2016 04:03PM
I would think if you was going to call it a light hot farm class the weight would be more like 6000 or 6500 instead of 7500 or 8000.

Re: Any interest in a light hot tractor class in SW Wi? May 07, 2016 05:36AM
So help me understand this , you started this thread in dec 2015 , trying to come up with rules for this class ? But 1st and 2nd place today didn't follow your rules for the class ? But you still granted them 1st and 2nd ? What am I missing ? I'm not trying to start a fight , I'm trying to understand !

Re: Any interest in a light hot tractor class in SW Wi? May 08, 2016 02:28AM
First of all, as a spectator I'd like to Thank You for coming to Richland Center. Richland Center again only used SWWI rules as a guideline.
There was no points with SWWI Pullers and this was basically a brush pull. For the tractors that did not meet the rules...they were still invited to come.
Since this day was only a test and tune, it was for everyone to compare their truck and tractors from different areas and clubs.
Unfortunately I missed this class, It is a pace of 18 mph. and for what I heard there was troubles seeing the pace board.
In the future at a SWWI points pull, there really isn't much in the class for rules other than the pace and tire size and this will be enforced.
After experimenting with this class this year...maybe we will come up with some more rules in December at the year end meeting. Right now its a class for the 6500's Outlaw truck and tractors to have a place to hook....and a fun class for spectators to watch.
Thanks,
Guy

Re: Any interest in a light hot tractor class in SW Wi? May 08, 2016 03:50AM
Says it best.

Was a lot of fun to watch and again, it gives people a place to hook. Its becoming apparent across the state and region that as we move towards bigger classes and more rules, there is fewer places to pull something a little more simple and still have fun. This appears to be as good an opportunity as any for a lot of pullers.

Great show in Richland Center.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,633, Posts: 229,697, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520