roberts pulling team February 26, 2013 02:25AM
wow just saw all of roberts pulling rigs for sale any particular reason or just tired of it

Re: roberts pulling team February 26, 2013 07:02AM
Had they already sold "Double Down"?
I don't see it on the list.

Re: roberts pulling team February 26, 2013 07:25AM
*Not trying to start a fight**

Just looked at line up last year for Unlimited Super Stocks for PPL. If Roberts tractors sell out of PPL area. Would it make sense to keep a Unlimited SS class in PPL? There would only be 6 tractors, if no new ones come this year, or specially if other ones leave.

With weekends like Aug 16th & 17th, PPL is trying to put on a show in Hamburg NY and NTPA is putting on Bowling Green. Tractors out of the PPL points race may just skip PPL that weekend and go to the Super Bowl of tractor pulls; Bowling Green.

Just something I was wondering, Numbers are hurting in that class without Roberts bring a 3rd of the tractors.

Thanks,
Justin Bennett

Re: roberts pulling team February 26, 2013 10:42AM
Justin B.

While I was disappointed to see the Roberts Pulling Team dispersal, I can’t say I was totally shocked. They only hooked once last season, and their performance at the NFMS was not up to their standards or the level that it takes to get into the top 6.

And I wouldn’t write the PPL Unlimited SS class off just yet, there still are some very good tractors that make the PPL show very exciting. Jeff Hirt should have two, Keeners with two, Gettinger, Haug, in fact the show may be more exciting than the NTPA race.

I have to agree with you on one point, PPL scheduling the show in Hamburg during the same week as both Bowling Green and the ESP show in Pike NY seems very shortsighted.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: roberts pulling team February 26, 2013 12:30PM
4 pullers in a class doesnt constitute having that class unless maybe your brush pulling.

Re: roberts pulling team February 26, 2013 01:10PM
New unlimited super being built in Ohio. They hope to be ready by mid June. If not then hopefully by mid July.

Re: roberts pulling team February 26, 2013 08:29AM
Roberts tractors only hooked at Greenville last year. So there is not really any difference from last year.

Jesse Post
JP Pulling Productions

JP
 FacebookJP Youtube

Re: roberts pulling team February 26, 2013 09:21AM
Sad to see them go, they have done a lot for the sport

Re: roberts pulling team February 27, 2013 01:41AM
I'd say the v-8's are to blame for ntpa being short tough to beat the builder

Re: roberts pulling team February 26, 2013 12:42PM
I agree the PPL Open Super Stock has a good class

Hirt with 2
Keener's with 2
Gettinger's with 1
Hull's with 2
Jeff Hothem with 1
and Joe K with 1

thats nine by my count

Re: roberts pulling team February 26, 2013 01:04PM
They sure were impressive at Louisville...didn't even get in the top.

Re: roberts pulling team February 26, 2013 12:52PM
Yeah I agree that kind of sucks, those were some pretty tough horses.

Re: roberts pulling team February 26, 2013 02:18PM
what ever happend to double stuff?

Re: roberts pulling team February 26, 2013 11:26PM
Ntpa SSO with campbell going across the pond, and GALOT Running mostly state. there will be 4 tractors. Blackbourn 2 broughton1 lustik 1. looks like a great class.........

Re: roberts pulling team February 27, 2013 02:18AM
Where did the ad appear?

Re: roberts pulling team February 27, 2013 02:27AM
It's right on this site's For Sale page under "ROBERTS PULLING TEAM FOR SALE", posted yeasterday Feb, 26, 2013

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: roberts pulling team February 27, 2013 03:09AM
Lustik x2, blackbourn x2, wells strickland, Galot x2, hull, sid broughton. That gives me 9 and if campbell would stay thats 10. Looks to me like most of those tractors did well a l'ville. PPL is for guys who want big names, NTPA is for pullers!

Re: roberts pulling team February 27, 2013 03:56AM
Ntpa for pullers lol good joke!!

Re: roberts pulling team February 27, 2013 04:37AM
Well when I was a Kid I remeber my first NFMS in like 2000 or 1999 and I remember 3 tractors from is and that was the mod know as The Legend and Ryans Toy and Big Toy. I belive that they had magnum hoods at the time I cant remeber,but it is sad to see they are for sale. well there is my 2 cent

"Next generation of puller"

Getting the tractors back on the pulling track!!! February 27, 2013 06:19AM
Another thing to consider is that the Roberts Pulling Team for what ever reason has not been pulling much for the last few years. If they sell the tractors to a new owner that new owner is likely going to pull with one organization or the other putting the tractors back out on the track. As it is they are parked in a shop instead. I always enjoyed watching those tractors and thought that the Roberts Team added a lot to the pulling world.

S'no Farmer

Re: Getting the tractors back on the pulling track!!! February 27, 2013 11:49AM
they did do alot for the sport and tried different ideas in doing so. i will never forget when double stuffed was able to get hooked to the track at tomah when john was driving one year and went out of bounds at about 250 on the wheely bars. i dont think he could possibly see where he was going. that thing had stupid hp but it seemed to me they struggled weighting it. i was always told they had little to no moveable weight allowance with it.

Re: roberts pulling team February 27, 2013 08:33AM
All I see at a PPL show is a bunch of moving billboards!

Re: roberts pulling team February 27, 2013 11:13AM
i am the one that started this thread and no matter what anybody says roberts did alot for the sport of tractor pulling i dont care if it was the ntpa or the ppl both of these pulling circuits are top notch and losing the roberts pulling team makes alot of us disappointed but to the roberts pulling team thank you for alot of good years and thank you for putting top notch quality tractors on the track for us spectators!!!!

Re: roberts pulling team February 27, 2013 01:23PM
Having sponsers is not a bad thing. This is part of the top level of pulling and for pulling to grow its going to have sponsership just like any other or pro sport. Any pro sport would not survive without sponser. County fairs, and local clubs dont have a drop in the bucket compared to what companys are willing to put out for the right thing. Its trickle down effect just look at nascar and NHRA at they do for the lower level of there sports. The more the higher end of pulling goes up the more openings its make for the avarage person can get in because the top end guys will run with the highers groups. As long as pulling is stuck to county fair budgets thats all higher it will get.

Re: roberts pulling team February 28, 2013 02:18AM
I agree the Roberts have been a good addtion to the sport and will be missed.

To What's wrong, fannatic and and others: This may or may not be the place to talk about this BUT I've been stuck in the house for two days because of 16" of snow and your comments about sponsorships and Nascar, NHRA, compared to tractor pulling bother me -------------------------------------------------------------AND I want you all to think about this a minute!

IF the tractor pulling "experts" ran the NHRA "they" would have outlawed John Force 5 years ago because he is TOO GOOD!!!!!!

IF the tractor pulling "experts" ran NASCAR "they" would have outlawed Jimmy Johnson BEFORE he won his 3rd CHampionship let alone his 5th and WHY------Because he was TOO GOOD!!!. Think about that a minute if you want to address sponsors and sponsorship money to the sport of tractor pulling. The tractor pulling world would rather outlaw someone because he is too good no matter how popular he is or how many fans butts he puts in the stands. PRIME example of that is Carlton Copes recent success at the NFMS. The man has spent several hard and expensive YEARS developing a well running and popular tractor and the next day after he wins at Louisville there is a post on here that mentions he would or might get "outlawed" IF his success continues!!! Just the fact that that thread came up indicates the "outlaw" mentality of this sport. UNTIL that mentality changes the tractor pulling sport that I love will NOT grow to be what it could be!!!!

THANKS Morgans for the space and more importantly thank you for the internet update as it has been great!! I'm not sure how you get paid for this but IF you would set up an account I would donate to help pay for the update and to help keep this sight going as I enjoy spending time on here.!!

Re: roberts pulling team March 01, 2013 03:46AM
I see.....so the NTPA or the "outlaw" crowd got rid of Bill Vories in the UNL?? Is the TWD class next, so Petro Motorsports will no longer be competitive? Does that mean Chizek/Blackbourn will be the next victims? Holman's have been "ruled" out of the sport also!?? C'mon. JW

Re: roberts pulling team February 27, 2013 11:27PM
Advertisement
All I see at a PPL show is a bunch of moving billboards!

Yea that stinks,......thats why I watch Nascar!......hahahahahaCool

Re: roberts pulling team February 28, 2013 12:27AM
at least 2 of the tractors will stay in ppl,,,,,one will be,,,,lessons learned again,,, and one will be,,, xxxx.....not sure about the other one yet

Re: roberts pulling team February 28, 2013 07:10AM
I am thankful the Roberts Pulling Team was around when they were as they were an asset to the sport, regardless of whether you rooted for them or against. I don't know anything about their finances but I can only imagine what a simple fuel bill will be this summer if they ran all their rigs, cris-crossing the country, considering gas is hovering at $4/gal and diesel already well above that in my neck of the woods. You factor in time away from home, family, etc, I completely understand but hate to see it. I think we all understand running the full circuit all summer is nothing shy of a sacrifice, although they, like everyone else more than likely did it because they loved it, the sport, and the fans, not the sponsorship money or prize money.

I just want to say thank you to anyone associated with the group. Who knows, maybe we will see them at a later time like the Boyds.

Re: roberts pulling team March 03, 2013 01:13AM
heard 1 was going to ny

Re: roberts pulling team March 03, 2013 08:04AM
Doubtful. I imagine the supers are all over cubed and I would have to assume they run overhead cams. As far as the mods go, who knows. Gaeton's bought all he wants for the year.

Re: roberts pulling team March 03, 2013 09:58PM
nobody smart enough to check cubes and we are allowed overhead cams

To Getton March 04, 2013 12:54AM
First learn how to spell Gaeton. Second make sure you check the facts before you post. Cubes have been checked in New York. On page 55 of the PPL rule book page it clearly states no over head cams.

Re: To Getton March 04, 2013 11:55PM
this is how i spell my name creepy and page 55 says no overhead cams for east coast and esp not nytpa .now i have to go pick up my new tractor and a barrel of alky

Re: To Getton March 05, 2013 12:53AM
Well this is what it says per PPL rule book page 59-60 Empire State Pullers heavy super stock no overhead cam nytpa says nothing about no overhead cam so esp-no / nytpa-yes that is the way it’s stated in the book there is a rule book link on nytpa.com

Re: roberts pulling team April 05, 2013 05:23AM
to the posts of Actually and Advertisment...1. if you're going to make comments like that have the balls to sign your name. 2. PPL is a walking billboard because of a thing called sponsers, which in fact helps pullers out to pay for exspences which PPL does way better than NTPA. 3. PPL is not a pulling circut for guys who want big names, its a circut of pullers who already have big names in the sport of pulling. 4. PPL is the best of the best look at the NFMS Pro Stock results in the last 5 years, besides cope winning this year with his warpath its been dominated by PPL...in not talking trash on any pulling circut out there because i love pulling whereever we can as often as we can besides Outlaws...just before you start making false statements look at the facts

Nick Domann
Hurricane Allis

Re: roberts pulling team April 05, 2013 06:08AM
Hey, Nick, First you say you not talking trash on any association then you say besides Outlaws. Funny you were at an Outlaw pull in February, but dont worry you and that big feeling grandad of yours are not missed by Outlaws.

Re: roberts pulling team April 05, 2013 11:57AM
I believe he also said to have some balls and post your name too but you must be above that I am sure...

Re: roberts pulling team April 06, 2013 01:40AM
The Domanns actually have a prostock. Outlaws do not have a actual prostock class. They have a limited prostock class. The reason the domanns are not missed is you guys know if you had to run with them you get your ass handed to you. P.S Nick I always enjoy seeing you guys run.

Re: roberts pulling team April 06, 2013 04:58AM
To hey

What class did Jim Brackett win then?

Re: roberts pulling team April 06, 2013 05:42AM
That would be the large limited prostock. See when you take a prostock class and then limit the turbo size, that makes it a limited prostock class

again to really April 07, 2013 07:49AM
you have all the answers but have no name?

Re: roberts pulling team April 07, 2013 04:46AM
All classes have limits. Even Grand National Unlimited mod tractors is not unlimited, nor is the new light unlimited mod class. Wieght, drawbars, lenght, tire size, etc. PPL pro stock has limits too, such as cubic inch, tires, drawbar, weight, etc. The only rule Outlaws has difference than PPL is in Outlaws they all run the same turbo. Last time Dommans ran with Outlaws the rules were the same as PPL and they won 1 out of the 10 hooks the went to. They want to run were they can try to out send the competition with the lastest and greatest turbo. Not going to happen in Outlaws. They tried to rig the voting at the last Outlaw meeting they attended by signing up a lot of pullers that didnt hook in the class to vote and when the vote didnt go the way they wanted they stopped payment on thier membership check. Outlaws kicked them out for 5 years for that and they are not missed.

Re: roberts pulling team April 07, 2013 04:58AM
and outlaws never want any money problems or insurance problems

Re: roberts pulling team April 07, 2013 07:14AM
To thinking: yes they have 2 limited pro classes.

To really: since when can outlaws run intercoolers? Im sire your hyper charger is saving u tons of money over a turbo that will make some power. Btw according to dougs letter your 4.1s are about to overtake the big limited pros posted horsepower numbers.

Re: roberts pulling team April 07, 2013 08:19AM
Anyone who thinks that PPL is the best is delusional. They pull on horrid tracks, have less competition, and NO prestigeous pulls. I don't see 40+ vehicles flocking to hook at a PPL event because there is simply no prestige in winning a hook there. The pullers that pull with PPL are just guys/girls that can't compete with NTPA pullers. If anyone disagrees with me, then just go back and look at the past. I'll never understand why people go run that crap circuit just because it pays a little better. Do you want to know my theory of why it pays better?- Mostly because the PPL guys fail to get a check at an NTPA hook. Bazinga

Re: roberts pulling team April 07, 2013 08:32AM
That must be why ntpa turns down precommit apps!!! Bazinga

Ntpa isnt even as prestigious as outlaws anymore

Re: roberts pulling team April 07, 2013 12:10PM
What does that have to do with anything? Nice try.

Re: roberts pulling team April 07, 2013 12:24PM
I'll spell it out fer ya easy like.....

Prestigious award = something worth winning, coveted by many, and attempted to be won by many.

If ya can't fill a precommit list then the prestige of winning isn't there particularly when the tractors precommitted are not subject to running against the best tractors in the nation to win the prestige ;-)
Hope this clears the fog for u a bit

Re: roberts pulling team April 07, 2013 12:45PM
I'm pretty sure that I can comprehend a thought. I was questioning you because you failed to produce a coherent thought in your post when you said that NTPA is turning away precommitment applications. That sentence didn't make sense with what you were trying to say. And hmm, let's see.. Last time I checked, PPL doesn't fill their classes very good either pal. I would bet money that the average number of entries per class are greater in NTPA than PPL. You also suggest that PPL are the best in the nation to run with. That's odd because I remember seeing Chizek/Korth dominate at the NFMS. Not to mention.. Darrin Hunt, Carlton Cope, and to some extent- Jon Mowrey were NTPA tractors that had success there this year. I'll take NTPA's competition over PPL's anyday.

Re: roberts pulling team April 07, 2013 01:09PM
It isn't as lopsided as you think. Both NTPA and PPL have good competitors. Arguing over who is better and bashing doesn't really help the sport. I think you statement about the numbers for NTPA are better than PPL isn't true. PPL had quite a few strong classes the last few year. Mods being over 10. Pros being 18 or more at most events. FWDs in the 20s. TWD being around 15. Of course there are class that are hurting right now in both organizations. Bashing each other isn't going to make this sport better. Everyone needs to support tractor pulling. Not just an organization. Fighting over who is better doesn't really help the sport unless it is just for fun and not just trying to put each other down. You say that Chizeks dominated the NFMS. Gettingers did the same last year in the UNL SS class. I could argue that the mods were dominated by PPL tractors with Eder and Long winning. There are competitors in both NTPA and PPL that have had success at the NFMS so you can't argue one over the other.

Re: roberts pulling team April 07, 2013 01:22PM
Nfms is a show not a pull.

Ntpa can't fill a precommit list

Their pay is sub par

Korth isn't precommitted ntpa this year

Ntpa DOES have quality vehicles. Bowling green is their prestigious event But that is due to bowling green not ntpa, they could have an invitational and be buried by applications. Truth be known it would probably be bigger if it was invitational and not association specific.

If ntpa is what u bleed then so be it, but if its #'s u want i would go so far as to say outlaws has u covered let alone ppl pal :-)

Ps you are right my post about ntpa turning down precommit apps didn't make sense as that will never happen lol

Re: roberts pulling team April 07, 2013 01:39PM
You know what, you two can go have fun watching paint dry on the PPL circuit, and I'll continue attending some real pulls. Besides, I won't be watching dust and dirt being sucked into motors like what happens on PPL's crappy dry tracks. PPL is just glorified brush pulling with phony gimmicks in it. Most of the time when a PPL puller shows up to an NTPA hook, they have the front end sky high because they don't know how to set up for a good track. Without NTPA, PPL wouldn't have half of their hooks, and they wouldn't have a rulebook to copy/paste and produce as their own. I could go on and on with this but I'll conclude with saying that I do bleed NTPA and I'm proud of it because the NTPA has been, is, and will forever be the premier organization of truck and tractor pulling.

Re: roberts pulling team April 07, 2013 02:01PM
Been on both circuits since 1990 both have good and poor tracks.

Horsepower is what brings the front up.

I think ppl has more bg rings than ntpa in the last 3 years

Re: roberts pulling team April 07, 2013 02:10PM
Horsepower doesn't mean squat if you don't have a surface to apply it to, Jack.

I went and looked at the past ring winners in the last 3 years of the classes that are considered as both PPL/NTPA (PS, SSO, TWD, FWD, MOD, SF, LSS), and it's basically 2:1 in NTPA's favor, and that is being generous. Double Bazinga

Re: roberts pulling team April 07, 2013 02:42PM
Haha u are to easy.

Pros, mods, sf, fwd, twd are pretty much owned by ppl
Open ss, dss are probably ntpa
Lss is a toss up unless korth goes ppl then ntpa is screwed.

Enjoy living in the past its about all u got left Sheldon.

Re: roberts pulling team April 07, 2013 03:15PM
Please explain how all of those classes are "owned by PPL", especially the sf, twd, and fwd. I literally laughed off loud when I read what you just posted about that. And you're getting on me about living in the past?? What about when you brought up your false BG ring statement about the last 3 years. It's almost too easy for me to argue with you because you contradict yourself every other post and you present information that is wrong.

Re: roberts pulling team April 07, 2013 01:45PM
I don't know what you guys are arguing about it is no good for the competiters to have more tractors in a class than there are pay ckecks, because if there are more tractors than checks someome is going home without a check,and no mater which group you choose to run with the checks you do get are not big enoughin the first place. It does not make sense to have 20 tractors and 15 checks.

Re: roberts pulling team April 08, 2013 04:41AM
Well this thread is heading to a pissing match,but I must comment.Linder Brothers have won the big NTPA pulls,multiple times,check the records if you don't believe me.Now they pull PPL,2nd in points 2011 put an ass whoopin'on the field at NFMS 2012.So with that said,don't try to say one pulling organization membership is better than the other's.They are all good pullers and on any given day can win.So when you spend the money to run the national curcuit,and win all the events,then you can tell me how one organization is better than the other.

Re: roberts pulling team April 08, 2013 06:31AM
very well said especially when they dominated BG in `11.

Re: roberts pulling team April 07, 2013 04:15AM
So pullinfan4255 there's two limited pro classes in outlaw?

Here is a Clue...By not having Both...Pulling would not be as good for Pullers April 11, 2013 01:28PM
For the guys that are having the heated battle over who is better....and anyone else, that leans one way or the other. Neither one can be given the crown of who is better, but I can say this... If PPL (in the early years ATPA) would not have came to fruition, tractor and truck pulling, from a Pullers perspective, would not be as good as it is today. By having three major Pulling Orgs....NTPA, PPL, and Outlaws, it has forced everyone to pick up their game. Each one has their own "niche" so to speak, that appeals from puller to puller and some of that has to do with geography, but in general, Competition fuels Excellence!

You have your right to brag about your favorite team....This is part of the rivalry game that strives one another to be better, but don't forget get about the big picture...

Pull On!

Dan Dunham

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,723, Posts: 229,853, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,978.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro