Header pipe March 05, 2013 12:38PM
Anybody have any input on how much wall thickness is needed on a custom header for a light/limited pro application? Was thinking about using 304 stainless schedule 10 pipe. I want something thats gonna hold up and i dont believe the typical thin exhaust tubing will last very long. Or will it?

Re: Header pipe March 05, 2013 01:44PM
Have seen this topic before. Haven't heard of a header builder claiming added power over stock. Think it would depend on pressure and temp. Coating might help keep it straight as well as thick plate next to head. Know of one on a ford llps that has held up for many years, think its inconel (?) steal thin wall.

Re: Header pipe March 06, 2013 12:39PM
I figured you would need a thick plate to bolt on the head but still wanna know what wall thickness is needed on the pipe. Theres definately going to be some heat/pressure involved.

Re: Header pipe March 06, 2013 11:45PM
Check these guys out they have schedule 10 and schedule 40 stainless at good prices schedule 40 may be a little better its thicker wall

www.acestainless.com

Re: Header pipe March 07, 2013 12:44AM
We have been using 321 stainless .065 wall 321 is better because of its resistance to fatigue and cracking at higher temperatures. Check out Burns stainless they have both 304 and 321, always had good luck with them.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,731, Posts: 229,864, Members: 3,332.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member WestonFarms