MSD Bad Box August 25, 2016 01:46PM
Wondering if anyone has had a MSD box go bad. I have a MSD 10 plus. New motor this year. We have had the motor running ran great but hard getting it started . We had a misfire while starting blamed it on a new cap I put on we changed caps again came back put old one back on still misfire. When they go do they go dead , or can they be intermittent. Just head scratching till everyone opens tomorrow.

Re: MSD Bad Box August 25, 2016 02:09PM
We were fighting problems and thought it might be ignition. However, MSD will swear up and down that the box can not cause a misfire. It either fires or it doesn't.

Later we found our problem and wasn't ignition. Just my experience

Re: MSD Bad Box August 25, 2016 02:15PM
What ended up being the problem llss puller? We changed cams and have a high duration now. Scratching our heads for sure.

Re: MSD Bad Box August 25, 2016 02:17PM
We just had a faulty autometer tach cause problems with my msd-10. It was acting like a rev limiter

Re: MSD Bad Box August 25, 2016 02:57PM
Yes has me thinking.

Re: MSD Bad Box August 25, 2016 03:08PM
Robert, try putting a new power wire on going to the box. I had that same problem this year and it ended up being the power wire.

Re: MSD Bad Box August 25, 2016 10:34PM
Thanks Clark I will check that.

Re: MSD Bad Box August 26, 2016 10:08AM
Check your grounds as well. Have a friend that fought ignition problems for a while and it turned out to be a bad ground on the box.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,655, Posts: 229,731, Members: 3,326.
This forum: Topics: 37,071, Posts: 225,917.

Our newest member JD_8520