5.Tim Cain
6.Ed Eilenfield
7.Bill Miller
8.Dennis Boersen
9.Dennis Boersen
10.Jason Miller

Couple quick ?s-
No semis?

Anyone know anything about Kathy Archer, Brian Shramek, and Tony Martin's tractors?
Will David Richardson's unlimited run screw blowers?

Re: 2009 NTPA GN Precommit list here February 16, 2009 09:42AM
kathy used too run " wagonmaster" mod. and her dad ran "pioneer" mod sponsered by "pioneer chevy" ran pretty good at tomah few years back, vary nice people too talk with!

Re: 2009 NTPA GN Precommit list here February 16, 2009 10:50AM
that list isnt contracted its tenative! take it with a grain of salt. some of those guys havent sent a contract in yet.

Re: 2009 NTPA GN Precommit list here February 16, 2009 12:33PM
Where's Ron Santamore in DSS?

Re: 2009 NTPA GN Precommit list here February 17, 2009 01:54AM
Exactly, these competitors and more are ELIGIBLE for the precommit program. The list that Philip posted is only the top 10 (in some classes, not even that). Some of teh classes have 13 or 14 eligible. Don't expect everyone in the top 10 to sign up for the program once a secure schedule is announced. Competitor signed contracts don't have to be back for a few more days yet. Then Gregg sorts them out and makes the final determination, and sends the contract back to the competitor. THEN, it is official (and still subject to change!). JW

Re: 2009 NTPA GN Precommit list here February 17, 2009 02:53AM
If it is top ten eligible, then why only 5 in LSS ?

Re: 2009 NTPA GN Precommit list here February 17, 2009 06:22AM
They had 20 hooks and a number of LSS pullers didn't like the schedule. The number of hooks has drop to around 15 and I would expect the list to fill up very quickly.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: 2009 NTPA GN Precommit list here February 17, 2009 05:31AM
I wasn't aware the Archers still had the mod or is it brand new

Re: 2009 NTPA GN Precommit list here February 17, 2009 09:49AM
It's new, going to have 5 AJ motors!!!

Re: 2009 NTPA GN Precommit list here February 17, 2009 10:25AM
What style AJ heads?

Re: 2009 NTPA GN Precommit list here February 17, 2009 10:47AM
I was wondering if someone could please explain to me what this precomitted list is all about and what are the benfits that it has for the pullers and along with the NTPA to have this precommitted list.

Re: 2009 NTPA GN Precommit list here February 17, 2009 12:49PM
If the puller is on the precmmited list and attends every GN pull for their class. Then they get their hook fees that they paid during the season back. I don't know if there is other stuff too.

Jesse Post
JP Pulling Productions

JP
 FacebookJP Youtube

Re: 2009 NTPA GN Precommit list here February 18, 2009 01:34AM
Okay, here goes to the best of my abilities--The NTPA precommit program is program where a contract is entered into between the puller and the NTPA. The NTPA contracts with up to 10 pullers per class for the pullers to commit to attend every GN pull that is on the schedule for their class. This guarantees the promoter up to 10 vehicles for that class. The NTPA uses this as a selling point. The puller benefits by "earning" a bonus of $100 per hook for a two hook event and $150 per hook for a one hook event. The puller also gets free class entries for the event and at some events (Tomah comes to mind) "preferred" parking. At the end of the season, if the puller fulfills his contract, he is rewarded with his "earned" attendance monies (the $100/$150). If the pullers fails to fulfill his committment, then he forfeits the "earned" bonus and it is distributed equally to the other committed pullers. The NTPA also gets some promotion and exhibition rights as spelled out in the contract. The process starts with G. Randall sending out applications to each licensed GN puller. The pullers responds that he would like to be considered. Thus--"the list". Then, the option is given to everyone on the list to sign two copies of a contract. The contracts are returned to the NTPA office. G. Randall then puts them in order according to the finishing position of the previous year (2008 in this case) until he achieves the 10 participants, signs both contract and returns a copy to the competitor and retains one for the office files. The extras are then sent "rejection" letters. The list can change before the season starts due to some unforseen circumstances on the part of the different pullers. Anyhow, that is how I understand it and I can be corrected. By the way, the latest 2009 list has 15 minis eligible, 12 FWD, 17 TWD, 13 SF, 9 SSD, 7 SSO, 5 LSS, 11 UNL, 10 SMFWD, 9 MOD, and 12 PS. So, look for the list to maybe have some surprises. A precommittment contract can be worth about $2700 for the UNL this season, $3100 for a PS, $2400 for a mini, etc., depending on the number of two hook versus one hook events and whether the event is an GN or SN. Hope I didn't confuse anyone. JW

Re: 2009 NTPA GN Precommit list here February 18, 2009 02:47AM
Nice Job explain the Pre-committed list.

Re: 2009 NTPA GN Precommit list here February 19, 2009 03:28PM
Thank you bandit496 for explaining it to me it deffenately helped me in understanding it. There are just a coupe question that arose from reading this and I sorry if it was mentioned in your post and I just missed it. The first one is I didn't see you mention the semis class and the reason that I was wondering was because I at pull in essex junction there was only three semis that showed up and according to your post each class has 10 that are precommitted. The other that I was wondering is with a puller precommitting to the NTPA season does that mean they are only allowed to hook at NTPA events or can still hook at a PPL or Outlaw event for example.

Re: 2009 NTPA GN Precommit list here February 20, 2009 01:42AM
An NTPA precommitted puller is still allowed to pull with other organizations.

They just signed a contract to pull at every NTPA GN event where their class is offered.
If those were the only hooks they made (unlimiteds aside), they wouldn't pull very much.

PPL tried that a couple years ago. Since they've not mentioned it lately, I assume their exclusive program is no longer around.

Re: 2009 NTPA GN Precommit list here February 20, 2009 02:01AM
Yep, if you are pre-committed (NTPA) then if your class is competing, you are to be there (it gets tricky sometimes, like I'm here, but broke and can't hook....) . You can run anywhere you want, just not on the days your class is scheduled. There are some exceptions that can be granted (severe breakage, death in family, etc), but these have some time limits and reporting requirements. The list I have does not show a program for Semis. They have always kinda run on their own agenda anyhow. The class does have 18 hooks scheduled, though. JW

Re: 2009 NTPA GN Precommit list here, Brian Shramek in Unl. Mods? February 21, 2009 03:58AM
I saw Brian Shramek on the list of the Unlimited Mods. What kind of engines will he run in this class?
Maybe a Double JD, or Double AGCO configuration?

Re: 2009 NTPA GN Precommit list here, Brian Shramek in Unl. Mods? February 21, 2009 05:03AM
it is the old bad habit tractor

Re: 2009 NTPA GN Precommit list here, Brian Shramek in Unl. Mods? February 23, 2009 06:45AM
So much for a recession!
Nice tractor though. I've seen it once when it came over to Europe.

Re: 2009 NTPA GN Precommit list here, Brian Shramek in Unl. Mods? February 23, 2009 01:25PM
is this the first time in ntpa that a person will be trying for 3 different titles,and capable of winning them all.

Re: 2009 NTPA GN Precommit list here, Brian Shramek in Unl. Mods? February 21, 2009 05:06AM
He said in Louisville, he bought the old Bad Habit of Klink. I would imagine he'd run chevys.

Re: 2009 NTPA GN Precommit list here, Brian Shramek in Unl. Mods? February 21, 2009 11:11AM
This might be a dumb question but going to ask anyways seeing that he bought the old Bad Habit tractor does that mean there a new bad habit for 2009 or is Steve Killenberg getting out of the sport and what will the name of the Shramek tractor be?

Re: 2009 NTPA GN Precommit list here February 21, 2009 10:09AM
Would like to know who Tony Martin is? is he related to any of the Martin Brothers that had the unlimited tractor? Also can anyone give some insight on the vehiles and what engines Kathy Archer, Brian Shramek, Tony Martin and David Richardson will have for the new 09 season....

Re: 2009 NTPA GN Precommit list here February 21, 2009 10:50AM
He is a crew member to Terry Jostock, he ran the Terminator mod out of MI.

Re: 2009 NTPA GN Precommit list here February 21, 2009 12:53PM
Last i knew Tony Martin was from Batavia ,Iowa he used to run Banters old Mr.Chevy back in the 90s and ran very hard he then sold it to a guy from Ohio.He then bought i believe Woody Woodwards mod chassis "banter " and ran with the Atpa for a few years and then hadnt been seen for a while didnt know he was on Jostocks crew.

Re: 2009 NTPA GN Precommit list here February 21, 2009 12:54PM
I thought Tony Martin was from Batavia, IA?

Re: 2009 NTPA GN Precommit list here February 21, 2009 11:29PM
No ATF it is James Martel that crew's for Jostock's

My bad February 22, 2009 05:12AM
Thats right it is James Martel with Jostock.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2009 01:10PM by American Thunder fan.

Re: My bad February 22, 2009 08:07AM
It Is Jim Martell he used to run the Boss Hog Mod

Re: 2009 NTPA GN Precommit list here February 21, 2009 11:36AM
shramek bought steve klinenbergs bad habit 6 engine mod

Re: 2009 NTPA GN Precommit list here February 21, 2009 01:36PM
Rumor was that it still belonged to Martin's, I would say Klingenberg has to give up some (stuff) after the Bowling Green incident or it could be that he was just tired. When Martins had the tractor didn't it have Legend motors from indy cylinder.

Re: Schramek's tractor's????????? February 22, 2009 10:13AM
This may be a stupid question, was the latest bad habit the Martin Bros. mod? Also is Brian S. campaigning 4 tractors this year. The Allis and JD super stocker, the mod, and the pro stocker?

Re: 2009 NTPA GN Precommit list here February 23, 2009 08:53AM
so is steve killenberg retiring then or does he have a new Bad Habit for 2009?

Re: 2009 NTPA GN Precommit list here February 23, 2009 09:27AM
what was the incident at bg curious to know

Re: let it go February 23, 2009 10:44AM
while I understand the curiosity, if you don't already know the story, it's best to let a sleeping dog lay. Very personal and private stuff, was all over these forums a couple years ago.

Suffice to say, I would be very surprised if you ever saw Mr. Klingenberg behind the wheel of an unlimited mod again.

dont know February 23, 2009 11:27AM
some of us are new to the sport or at least these web pages and actually don't know.

Re: dont know February 23, 2009 11:32AM
It is kind of personal for a few pullers. So this isn't the place to discuss these matters.

Jesse Post
JP Pulling Productions

JP
 FacebookJP Youtube

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,731, Posts: 229,864, Members: 3,332.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member WestonFarms