Opinion of Tractors September 22, 2016 04:53AM
What are some of your opinions about how close to the factory look of tractors should be? Do you prefer for example a Jd tractor to have the factory stripe say on a 4440, or does it look neat black and yellow or black and chrome. Do you like when they paint the screens black or the hood black? or a different color other than the original green paint? Or a off red on the IH. Do the wild decals look cool on some of the tractors?

Re: Opinion of Tractors September 22, 2016 05:43AM
I'd say whatever looks good to you bring it on. You're the one paying for it. Personally I like the different color reds on the IH's. Ours is painted GM torch red which is a lot brighter than factory. Black John Deere's stand out nicely if it's done right. Just look at Greg Lamb's Black Viper. One one the best looking Deeres out there I think.

Re: Opinion of Tractors September 22, 2016 02:01PM
til some company steps in with a bunch of big checks I would keep painting anything currently made some other color than the factory, been pulling tractors no longer in production for years just to keep this up, my only jd was metal flake and the international was yellow and the other was rust. Until some manufacture decides this sport will help his sales why should we as competitors continue to promote their products.

Re: Opinion of Tractors September 22, 2016 02:31PM
You said a moth full right there tractor companies are getting a lot of free publicity .and advertisement

Re: Opinion of Tractors September 23, 2016 02:35AM
George,NTPA does get a sizable amount of money from Case/IH. We get a separate check each year at the banquet from them besides our points check. Not to mention that they provide a lot of equipment at GN events to work the tracks. It's not earth shattering put it helps so I suppose you can paint your IH tractors their original colors! ☺

S'no Farmer

Re: Opinion of Tractors September 23, 2016 09:45AM
Todd, I don't pull ntpa or ppl, time, money and logistics being all a part, I have never seen much help from any of the companies some local dealer help has always been appreciated. I think it is grand that caseih sends some money the pullers way but I still don't think it is a drop in the hat compared to the free exposure they are given at each event.

Re: Opinion of Tractors September 23, 2016 10:42PM
S'no Farmer
Not to mention that they provide a lot of equipment at GN events to work the tracks.

S'no Farmer

Just a slight tangent, but why is it so hard to get a two wheel drive tractor to use as a grader tractor?

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Opinion of Tractors September 23, 2016 11:39PM
John Murray
S'no Farmer
Not to mention that they provide a lot of equipment at GN events to work the tracks.

S'no Farmer

Just a slight tangent, but why is it so hard to get a two wheel drive tractor to use as a grader tractor?
Mostly because there are very few 2 wheel drive tractors built.

Re: Opinion of Tractors September 23, 2016 04:40AM
I personally love the authentic look of "Soup Line Express"

Re: Opinion of Tractors Appearance September 24, 2016 02:01PM
Black and any dark color is very difficult to properly photograph in any given light situation. And they are also very difficult to see. Don't believe me, just pay attention when you drive on the road what color vehicles are hard to see, in any given light situation, including when it is dark (evening/night). Please stay away from these dark colors.

Remember, you only have a few seconds in front of the spectators to leave a lasting impression. Hopefully a positive impression. Who knows, there may be a potential sponsor sitting there that may come approach you about sponsoring your vehicle.

Also, stay away from reflective graphics. The only time they work is when enough light is on them. When our poweful external camera flash hits the reflective graphic, it shuts down the flash's power output and will make the subject (the pulling vehicle) dark. Yeech, now it is photoshop time, as if I really have the time to try to fix your vehicle's appearance. And too often, it cannot be fixed to look like it really should. So just stick with a high quality paint. Too many "wraps" are way too busy. They can look okay otherwise.

The best JD to photograph is Rod Hinz' "Super Buck" that is painted 2009 Corvette green. All JD's should be painted that green! Greg Kenreigh's "Bad Company" is also nice.

A professional body shop painter told me there is a vast difference in paint quality. I believe it, since at night with the camera's external flash, lots of variation can be seen from one vehicle to another, even though a tractor may be green or red or orange or blue. Once it is learned how a vehicle photographs, then it is a personal memory thing to change the camera and or flash setting for that particular vehicle the next time.

Light to neutral. to a medium color at the darkest, are pleasing to the eye and give a great accent to your pulling vehicle and will capture the attention of the viewers. And photogrpahers and media editors. Most of the new style Volkswagen Beetles have photogenic colors. Again, when travelling and you're bored with the miles and hours, assess what road vehicle colors captivate your attention. You may want to incorporate (some of) them into your pulling vehicle.

I hope this is helpful to you and now that we have the off season upon us, perhaps you will be motivated to upgrade your pulling vehicle's appearance during the 'cold' season.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,709, Posts: 229,813, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,082, Posts: 225,956.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro