Classic Super Stocks at Keystone March 16, 2013 04:18PM
What a nice class! I hope it takes off and does well. Just goes to show you don't have to have the biggest cubes and multiple chargers to have fun and put on a good show. My cousin was happy to see the Allis out front but I was pulling for the JD, but either way it a great class and a good show. Congrats to all the competitors and their crews, and hope to see them back next year. I wonder how they would run against the profarm guys?

Re: Classic Super Stocks at Keystone March 16, 2013 04:34PM
I agree, it was a great class. I hope it takes off in other areas as well.

Re: Classic Super Stocks at Keystone March 16, 2013 04:42PM
Just wondering what the rules are for this class or a website where a person can see some rules.

Re: Classic Super Stocks at Keystone March 17, 2013 01:11AM
Probably because there rules arent even close to a profarm JACK!

Re: Classic Super Stocks at Keystone March 16, 2013 06:02PM
Then why do you and Steve have to run 600 ci plus to compete with everybody

Re: Classic Super Stocks at Keystone March 17, 2013 11:52AM
Its a good class. Probably around 900 hp maybe more. Tho they hooked with the 466 3x3 tractors in gordyville and they were quite aways back.

Re: Classic Super Stocks at Keystone March 18, 2013 09:18AM
To Big Pee Pee im sure Bill r and steve Kicked ur.ass When they was 466 ne motor

Re: Classic Super Stocks at Keystone March 16, 2013 07:41PM
GO TO COATPA.COM for rules for the c.s.s. class 531 cu. in. 2.7 by 3.0 turbo 18-4-38 tire

Re: Classic Super Stocks at Keystone March 16, 2013 07:49PM
They wouldn't smell a interstate pro farm and that's a fact jack.

Re: Classic Super Stocks at Keystone March 17, 2013 10:52AM
I would disagree. The Classics are making more power, they just weigh less and have smaller tires. I bet if the classics were weighted down they would be right there, and maybe out front even with smaller tires.

Re: Classic Super Stocks at Keystone March 17, 2013 12:48PM
Gordyville proved that they can't keep up with pro farms. It is a nice colorful competitive class though and I would pay to watch it anywhere.

Re: Classic Super Stocks at Keystone March 18, 2013 02:14AM
At the same weight i cant see how a pro farm would out pull a classic ss. a pro farm is an a pump motor with a smaller charger and usullay 3000 rpm,only should be 9ci differnce.classic ss run p pumps open rpm and bigger charger i dont think tire size would make up the differnce.that is if you play by the rules.

Re: Classic Super Stocks at Keystone March 18, 2013 04:42AM
Pro farms in my neck of the woods are 585ci with P pumps running 25mph at 3000 rpms.

Re: Classic Super Stocks at Keystone March 18, 2013 05:32AM
OK,thats not the case here.

Re: Classic Super Stocks at Keystone March 18, 2013 05:50AM
That is correct " here" the rules are an expensive a pump, water, cooler,540cubes, unlimited rpms, big turbo with a small cover and slug it to 2.4 to keep the power down- makes sense

Re: Classic Super Stocks at Keystone March 18, 2013 06:14AM
whether it makes sense or not the classic super stocks would not keep up with the interstate profarms at keystone, though they put on a great show they do not have the power of torque of the profarm & this is evident in watching them, its easy to see the classic super stocks didnt have near the track speed the profarms do. also in talking to some guys they dont run near the fuel those profarms run.So i agree with Puller 75, they wouldnt smell an interstate profarm.

Re: Classic Super Stocks at Keystone March 18, 2013 09:18AM
If the Classics don't stand a chance then I guess the profarm class would have no problem in allowing the classics to add weight to 10,000 and put 20.8 tires on and see how they stand up? maybe next year? as the original post suggests.

Re: Classic Super Stocks at Keystone March 18, 2013 09:52AM
I personally wouldnt because they aren't going to compete. but on the flip side why would anyone want to? That being said though i thought the super classics put on a great show! Good looking & good running tractors that moved through their class quickly!

Re: Classic Super Stocks at Keystone March 18, 2013 11:37AM
The classic SS is restricted by having to use a 3LM style cover.

Re: Classic Super Stocks at Keystone March 18, 2013 06:30AM
jd402056
At the same weight i cant see how a pro farm would out pull a classic ss. a pro farm is an a pump motor with a smaller charger and usullay 3000 rpm,only should be 9ci differnce.classic ss run p pumps open rpm and bigger charger i dont think tire size would make up the differnce.that is if you play by the rules.

I guess like everyone is saying above it's a here/there thing.

Around here ProFarms are 640 cubes and P pumps

gearing Classic Super Stocks March 18, 2013 09:55AM
I was curious what gear these classic SS tractors run. I know IH hot farm guys with A pumps that run road gear. A previous post commented on ground speed at keystone so I was wondering what gear they run?

Re: gearing Classic Super Stocks March 18, 2013 12:36PM
Any where from 18:1 to 23:1 or so depending on the track

Re: gearing Classic Super Stocks March 18, 2013 12:40PM
What intrigued me about them was that they likely are relatively low maintenance if they are built right to start with. The cost to build is one thing, but the ongoing costs are another if you have to wrench all of the time....

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,948, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,033.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009