gimicks,pranks and promotions March 18, 2013 06:13PM
going back over the years of pulling I got to thinking about the ginnicks and side shows we used to enjoy at tractor pulls the time fillers the family draw I will list a few I am sure their has been many others that can be added,just think how boring a rodeo would be without the clown.

1-Big Foot trucks jumping over cars would bring the people in
2-the chicken at louisville working the crowd all the time was an added attraching the people liked it
3-their was a fellow in the south that would jumo over a speeding car coming right at him,it worked great until he cole cocked his head one night his timing was just off a little poor boy
4-flying combine coors light
5-saw a guy blow himself up in a box one time,engine powered pedel tractors,engine powered bar stools
6-turbo tim arfons making passes with his jet powered 4 wheeler
7-fireworks demonstrations
8-portta potties blown up and upset
I am sure their are many more that will lighten the day up,please post them and I wish that someone that was good at listening than putting it all in words would write a book about the sights and news line's and adventure's of all the years Dave Hager has been on the circut it would be a best seller in the pulling community.

Re: gimicks,pranks and promotions March 18, 2013 11:08PM
You forgot one of the best, Go Go the gorilla. Kept the kids into the whole show.

Dan Mayer

www.pulling-reference.com
Dedicated to Preserving the History of Tractor & Truck Pulling

Re: gimicks,pranks and promotions March 19, 2013 01:02AM
In the 4 wheel drive street class a man borrows a truck from a friend and pulls it, breaks in two about half way down the track and drives off with the front half leaving the back half hooked to the sled.

Re: gimicks,pranks and promotions March 19, 2013 02:01AM
I know this isn't due to a tractor pull, so please forgive me, but it was a pretty good promotion.

When I was growing up, we had a local demo derby that was being promoted quite extensively on the radio. One of the advertisements announced a "special guest car and driver" which was a beautiful white 4-door Cadillac from the 80s, better known as a boat to us kids. I remember the radio announcer saying that the owner had a parting gift for his soon to be ex-wife.

Well, as you could image, the driver had named the car "Divorce Settlement." It was pristine and the announcer had told all the spectators in the crowd a song and dance of a cheating wife, money hungry, etc and the car was the only thing the wife wanted from him because it was her pride and joy. The car was to be delivered to the wife later on that week and he wanted the other drivers to do their best to destroy it. Well, by the end of the night, the car was pretty much a pile of rubble.

Now I honestly do not know if the story was real or not, but it was a good “emotional" draw for all the men in the crowd at least. I do have to admit, it was interesting to see a car in pristine shape be destroyed in a demo derby, so quickly I might add.

Re: gimicks,pranks and promotions March 19, 2013 09:57AM
Here in Jackson County Iowa. At the jackson county fair on sunday night they have destruction night. It's nothing racing cars, pickups, and bus races. They even have boat races. That is pulling a boat on a trailer, or just draging it. Last year my brother, and two of his hired men were in it. They did a race where the on car was dead didn't have no motor. There was two other cars that ran. One of the cars had to push the dead car around the track. Once the lap was complete the runing car had switch with the other running car. They had to switch every lap for 10 or so laps. The one hired man had no drivers liecense due to owi's so he had to ran the dead car with no engine. His racing number was OWI. It was guite funny. This event draws the most people during the fair.

Re: gimicks,pranks and promotions hey deere hunter1466 March 19, 2013 03:23PM
Deere hunter you must be talking about Corky Shark pulling his brother inlaws pickup!!!!!!

Re: gimicks,pranks and promotions hey deere hunter1466 March 20, 2013 12:12AM
How about the bikini babes jumping out of flip top 4wd trucks.

Re: gimicks,pranks and promotions hey deere hunter1466 March 20, 2013 03:04AM
Years ago we had a stock 4x4 class at the end of the night after the regular classes. One guy came in early and wanted to pull his truck. It was a bit to heavy so he took off his tail gate. Still not enough. Off comes the hood. The pits back then were poorly lit and he left his hood and tailgate back in the back. After he pulled, and after several um, refreshments, he came up to the tower cusing up a storm because someone had stolden his hood. He said he looked everywhere for it. One of the officials went back to his truck with a flashlight to have a look around. Long story short they did find his hood. He was parked on it.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009