Where do I get adjustable cam gear for ford tractor????? March 19, 2013 11:45AM
I am trying to located a adjustable cam gear for the older series engines with the steeper angle helical cut gears. I know the Genesis style engine has more of a straighter cut gear. Where do I get one? Thanks all

Re: Where do I get adjustable cam gear for ford tractor????? March 19, 2013 02:18PM
Karl at Atlas Tractor 763-780-9548 or Forresters 888-740-0082

Re: Where do I get adjustable cam gear for ford tractor????? March 23, 2013 12:41AM
Anywhere else??????? I spoke with Karl at ATLAS very briefly, he seem to just want to get off phone. Said he could make one, but he had to check for a blank and was gunna call me back in 10 min! That was 3days ago haven't heard anything. Spoke with a few other people that say Karl won't come thru? I don't want to say anything like that because I do like his products, but bottom line is product no good if you can't get it in a timely manner. Kennys pulling parts doesn't make one for older style gear. Forresters are so tough to get on phone. Anybody have any idea where else I could come up with one? Thanks all

Re: Where do I get adjustable cam gear for ford tractor????? March 24, 2013 05:53AM
Try Kenny's pulling parts in KY. He has them for a ford

Re: Where do I get adjustable cam gear for ford tractor????? March 24, 2013 12:29PM
Thanks all for the posts unfortunately all that have been mentioned only make a cam gear for newer gear train!

Re: Where do I get adjustable cam gear for ford tractor????? March 24, 2013 01:17PM
go ahead and get newer gear set-up be ahead. for you'r have to do it soon than later

Re: Where do I get adjustable cam gear for ford tractor????? March 23, 2013 01:51AM
I called Atlas about gears for a 5000 trans and like you said trying to get off the phone.

Re: Where do I get adjustable cam gear for ford tractor????? March 23, 2013 02:52AM
I am having a local machine shop make one out of an old stock gear for my 585 minneapolis moline, it is a pretty simple thing, cut out the center and make three cuts for the bolts and make a new center to fit the cam. You will want to degree your cam anyway lock it and drill one more hole and it is set. But you need a good shop, just look in your phone book and take it down there with a pic of what you what your gear to look like and what kind of space you have to work with you would be suprised what a good shop can make

Re: Where do I get adjustable cam gear for ford tractor????? March 23, 2013 06:42AM
I made one using a stock gear and machining out the center and then machining a new center as described above . your local machine shop should be able to do that easily.Jolliff diesel may have some

Re: Where do I get adjustable cam gear for ford tractor????? March 23, 2013 04:31AM
call Andey Keys he is a ford guy from Wis 262-206-1297

Re: Where do I get adjustable cam gear for ford tractor????? March 24, 2013 02:22PM
call forresters ask for parts department make sure your talking to yankee if they offer them he will get it sent right out .

Re: Where do I get adjustable cam gear for ford tractor????? March 25, 2013 03:46AM
Its a ford what do you expect. I would park it and watch the green and red ones like everybody else does and you might learn something

Re: Where do I get adjustable cam gear for ford tractor????? March 26, 2013 02:10AM
Yammar, wouldn't it be awesome if there were only one or two brands pulling everything? Yeah, like watching paint dry... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... I was told a long time ago I should be running Bowties, Let's just say "I don't!"

Re: Where do I get adjustable cam gear for ford tractor????? March 26, 2013 12:34PM
i love watching red green show fighting for second place

Re: Where do I get adjustable cam gear for ford tractor????? March 31, 2013 02:05AM
Found one at Forresters. Looks nice! Yankee is the man to talk to down there! I got the gear right away. Thanks all for the help.

Re: Where do I get adjustable cam gear for ford tractor????? March 31, 2013 02:26PM
I will have the older style gears in 2-3 weeks billet $675.00

Andy Keyes

andysexcavating@hotmail.com

262-206-2197

Email best

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009