NFMS List is up November 29, 2016 06:49AM
NFMS list is up

Dan Mayer

www.pulling-reference.com
Dedicated to Preserving the History of Tractor & Truck Pulling

Re: NFMS List is up November 29, 2016 07:08AM
Wish they had replaced the pro stock Wednesday night with the diesel 4x4, that way I wouldnt have to worry about taking off work wednesday! I didnt even realize they had added pro 4x4.

Noticed a couple things:
- Why is there only 2 chizek tractors listed in the light super?
- Did the Karlen's not register?
- Sad to see they could only come up with 9 open supers.
- Where is Super Rooster?

Need two sessions of light supers and a Finals!

Re: NFMS List is up November 29, 2016 07:35AM
only 9 limited pros listed?

Where??? November 29, 2016 07:53AM
Where is it posted?...I can't get it on the site. It still says that it will be posted at a later date. I'm thinking it was wrong or entered early if it only said 9 Lim pros.

Re: Where??? November 29, 2016 08:15AM
For some reason it won't pull-up on my phone...worked fine on the computer. I'm hoping that they did not limit numbers in classes...no way that only 9 Limited pros applied...and if only 8 FWD applied I would not bring the class back next year but it is hard to believe that number too. It sucks to see the numbers dwindling.

Re: Where??? November 29, 2016 08:15AM
[www.champpull.org]

Re: NFMS List is up November 29, 2016 11:32AM
LSS Puller
Wish they had replaced the pro stock Wednesday night with the diesel 4x4, that way I wouldnt have to worry about taking off work wednesday! I didnt even realize they had added pro 4x4.

Noticed a couple things:
- Why is there only 2 chizek tractors listed in the light super?
- Did the Karlen's not register?
- Sad to see they could only come up with 9 open supers.
- Where is Super Rooster?

Need two sessions of light supers and a Finals!

- who would drive the third chizek tractor? (you can only drive one)
- karlen should definitely be in if they applied.
- where is hirt? how many go to the finals? totally agree that its time for two light super classes and no more open super.
- agreed super rooster should be in too if he applied.

Re: NFMS List is up November 29, 2016 11:57AM
I don't think that Karlens applied again this year. Hirt posted that he was taking this year off. Still not enough for 2 LSS classes and Open supers still deserve to be there. Just reduce class size down to 12 per class adding in more classes. Give pullers more of an incentive to apply(extra tickets, discounts on items, more purse money, and so on), send out applications or reminders to organizations to send out to there competitors in addition to previous pullers, move back the deadline, better advertisement, etc.

Re: NFMS List is up November 29, 2016 08:29AM
I personally like the changes. I don't think it was lack of entries but lack of time for the shows. The sessions range from 41-49 vehicles, which is right on target with other years. I would imagine they would still want the show over by 10:30-11 at the latest. Fans wanted change and they got it this year!

Dan Mayer

www.pulling-reference.com
Dedicated to Preserving the History of Tractor & Truck Pulling

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2016 08:52AM by Dan M.

Re: NFMS List is up November 29, 2016 08:42AM
I loved that they were making changes...but make it more orderly. It is not going to stop me from going but the list is kinda disappointing...I can't see how you can't field atleast 12 in a class...maybe they should open up for a second round of entries??

Re: NFMS List is up November 29, 2016 09:00AM
Here is a schedule that I posted last year on Miles topic of a schedule change. 48 hooks each session and less competitors than the old format with more classes being involved and finals for all the classes. I feel that it is orderly and fair...and I like it even more than I did when I posted it.

Wednesday 6:30 ($30.00 opening day special)
(12)6200lbs. Two Wheel Drive--3 advance
(12)9300lbs. Super Farm--6 advance
(12)9500lbs. Limited Pro Stock--6 advance
(12)7500lbs. Modified--6 advance

Thursday 6:30 ($35.00)
(12)8500lbs. Light Pro Stock--6 advance
(12)7500lbs. Super Stock Diesel Trucks--6 advance
(12)10200lbs. Pro Stock--4 advance
(12)8000lbs. Super Stock Open--6 advance

Friday 6:30 ($35.00)
(12)6400lbs. Light Super Stock--6 advance
(12)8200lbs. Diesel Super Stock--6 advance
(12)6200lbs. Light Modified--6 advance

Saturday 12:00 ($35.00)
(12)6200lbs. Two Wheel Drive--3 advance
(6)Light Pro Stock FINALS
(6)Light Modified FINALS
(6)Limited Pro Stock FINALS
(6)Light Super Stock FINALS

Saturday 6:30 ($40.00)
(6)Modified FINALS
(6)Super Farm FINALS
(6)Super Stock Diesel Truck FINALS
(6)Two Wheel Drive FINALS
(6)Diesel Super Stock FINALS
(6)Super Stock Open FINALS
(12)Pro Stock FINALS

As for the Light Mod Class, I up'd the weight from the 6000lbs light unlimited to 6200lbs to help include some state,regional, or outlaw modifieds to pair with NTPA Light Unlimiteds. My class lineup has a simple number of 48 hooks per session while adding variety to the show along with some finals taking place Saturday Afternoon. Plus, you could have a discount for a full set of tickets to bring the price down from $175.00 for all 5 sessions to $170.00 or $165.

Re: NFMS List is up November 29, 2016 10:00AM
How do you find it? I have gone to the website several times and all it says is that it will be posted at a later date???

Re: NFMS List is up November 29, 2016 10:02AM
refresh your browser, that may be the issue, your computer may be accessing the previous version of the page.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: NFMS List is up November 29, 2016 10:47AM
there was a lot more than eight mod 4x4 trucks entered was told before sent app in could be fifteen trucks in the class

Re: NFMS List is up November 29, 2016 11:35AM
Seems like BS that they pick and choose random numbers for classes then. Seems like they are just fillers for other classes that can't get numbers I guess. Classes that have pullers that want to pull are being turned down and not rewarded. 14 and 14 in super farms. PS, LSS, and TWD are only full classes. I feel that every class should have a final too but I didn't expect to see that happen yet.

Warpath December 05, 2016 01:01PM
Does anyone know why Warpath didn't apply?

Re: NFMS List is up November 29, 2016 11:19AM
How the heck does monica shaw get in year after year? has she EVER made it past 200 ft there?

Re: NFMS List is up November 29, 2016 12:37PM
Amen brother!!!! There has been no bigger crime at the farm show than Monica Shaw making the list year after year! A lot of people can argue that is or that tractor should have made it or this or that one shouldn't, but there is no one out there with a beating heart and breathing lungs that think that tractor should even be within 150 miles of Louisville let alone even be considered and chosen. On another note after seeing the very disappointing list, choosing Danny Taylor and the knight Delivery is just about as bad as Shaw

Re: NFMS List is up November 30, 2016 06:22AM
Dmax47
There has been no bigger crime at the farm show than Monica Shaw making the list year after year! A lot of people can argue that is or that tractor should have made it or this or that one shouldn't, but there is no one out there with a beating heart and breathing lungs that think that tractor should even be within 150 miles of Louisville let alone even be considered and chosen.

I guess she's going to have to move a little farther away then...
Franklin to Louisville is 133 Miles

But seriously, do you honestly think that's the "biggest crime" of the Farm Show or are you just being hyperbolic?
The way I view it, it's having less than 15 vehicles in a class.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: NFMS List is up November 30, 2016 09:45AM
I would have to say having under 15 is probably worse...but I do always wonder how that tractor finds its way into the NFMS field year after year...I'm not sure who else applies but I'm sure some that get turned down would be a better and more competitive option. Haney's JD, Everman's Overruled, Green Gambler, Red Thunder, quite a few outlaw tractors, Apparatus, Hooters Scooter.....

Off of that subject now...I was thinking about going to the Thursday session this year when I looked at the schedule and seen that they added limited pros. I was pretty excited to see that class down there but when the list was released and there are only 9 open supers and 9 limited pros...that deterred me from coming for an extra day and I know more that feel the same way I do about this. I know that most of the heavy hitters are there in the alky super class(Hirt is taking the year off) but I want to see a full class for multiple reasons. 1...I like seeing tractors that I don't always get to see. 2...I like to root for the competitive regional/state underdogs that are not always out on the national circuits. 3...It is the middle of winter and I like to watch tractors and trucks go down the track(pretty simple one there lol). There are a lot of guys that could fill those spots. I'd like to see Alcoholic Harvester, My Other Deere, The Squealler, Full Tilt, Dominator Deere, Pure Country, Sin Wagon, Hull's MMG1000, Under the Influence, and there are plenty more out there...lots of guys that could be competitive and could add brands/colors to the championship tractor pull lineup. As for limited pros...the amount of tractors that could have easily competed for a podium or win that are not in the field is a pretty high number of tractors to only have 9 of them in the class...it's crazy. I think the Farm Show lost a chance to bring in more of a crowd on Wednesday and Thursday with the numbers. Most likely I would have went if there was a full class of lim pros and atleast 12 alky supers. I'm just going Friday and both Saturday sessions again now. I will say that I am glad to see Diesel Supers on Friday now!

Re: NFMS List is up November 29, 2016 01:12PM
Boo freakin hoo. Farm show puts the show on, it is an invitational, they can invite whoever they want. No need to bash someone because your non existent light super didn't get invited. When you put up the money and put on a show as big as the NFMS, you can invite whoever you want.

Re: NFMS List is up November 29, 2016 01:50PM
This is an open forum for anyone, not just pullers, to post their reflections on the nfms competitor list. I simply looked over the list and then posted my reflections, just like all those above me. I post exactly what I feel and think. The world needs more honest talk and less watering down of things. I was not attacking or bashing the individuals mentioned, I was posting my belief that Shaw's tractor is not one of the 15 best Lss in the country. Should they be one of the best fifteen tractors in any future years then in those years I absolutely want her in the show!

Re: NFMS List is up November 29, 2016 03:53PM
Where is Warpath ? Did Carlton not apply ? Or did I miss him ? Would be a shame if he did and wasn't invited.

Re: NFMS List is up November 30, 2016 12:18AM
Seeing that both Cope and Campbell's aren't on the list i'm going to assume they did not apply. Gonna miss seeing them down there they both make the finals almost every year.

Re: NFMS List is up November 29, 2016 02:28PM
LSS Puller
Boo freakin hoo. Farm show puts the show on, it is an invitational, they can invite whoever they want. No need to bash someone because your non existent light super didn't get invited. When you put up the money and put on a show as big as the NFMS, you can invite whoever you want.
Nobody said they couldnt invite beauty and the beast but some people including me believe that they shouldnt invite beauty and the beast because there are much stronger tractors that get left off the list. we re entitled to our opinions there LSS Puller so Boo freakin hoo.

Re: NFMS List is up November 30, 2016 02:14AM
Cant answer to all the questions that were posted above, but I do know that Kent Payne (Super Rooster) did not apply this year.

Re: NFMS List is up November 30, 2016 05:42AM
What's up with James Slama driving New Generation Plus?

Re: NFMS List is up November 30, 2016 06:21AM
Lemke isn't going.James is taking it down

Re: NFMS List is up November 30, 2016 11:20AM
I heard slama bought it!

Re: NFMS List is up December 04, 2016 10:46AM
why no warpath in prostock?? and im like yall would have like too seen bad blood get in light super he deserves too be there

Re: NFMS List is up December 05, 2016 02:06AM
Warpath didn't apply.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,642, Posts: 229,708, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520