Why I actually came on here in the middle of the night.... February 16, 2009 01:36PM
I have been working a little tonight.
Check my website, I am putting together a little introduction of the main European Teams, so you folks get a little idea of who and what you are looking at, when getting lost on my website Winking

[www.pullingworld.com]

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2009 01:36PM by Sascha.

Re: Why I actually came on here in the middle of the night.... February 16, 2009 02:04PM
Sascha, I have a couple of questions for you...

1. In Europe for the EU Cup, how is qualifying, does each country send a team for each class?

2. Can you travel back and forth between countries with your tractor like we can between states?

3. Do any pullers use any, what we would call, off brands such as: a heston same, or a belarus?

Thank you, Patches

Re: Why I actually came on here in the middle of the night.... February 16, 2009 02:22PM
patches Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sascha, I have a couple of questions for you...
>
> 1. In Europe for the EU Cup, how is qualifying,
> does each country send a team for each class?

It used to be that way - but for the last couple of years it's: "send check to ETPC and sign up"
>
> 2. Can you travel back and forth between
> countries with your tractor like we can between
> states?

We can between the countries that are members of the European Union. There is NO borders and no more border control. Look of road signs changes a little and people talk a different language - but that's it. If you don't know it and don't watch out, you don't figure - and might do stuff like running from germany into the netherlands with 120 mph .., which is not a smart thing to do as they have a speed limit of 75 mph and are pretty radical with it (take your car away and sell it on auction).
Anyhow going into Norway or Switzerland, which are not part of the European union can become an issue though.
>
> 3. Do any pullers use any, what we would call,
> off brands such as: a heston same, or a belarus?

I have yet to see a Belarus Pro Stock (there is some pretty good Belarus hot farms in the 4 banger classes), but there was several Zetors (talking about block splitting...), there is some Fiat 160-90s, a Landini and some Volvos and even some Fendt and Deutz.
Most is JD, IH, NH, "real" Case and Valtra though.

>
> Thank you, Patches

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Why I actually came on here in the middle of the night.... February 16, 2009 03:44PM
a guy out the road from me has 2 zetor's,he swears buy them,says they are easy on fuel,and they are trouble free.i got to drive one for a couple hours,it seemed kinda strange though,but was smooth running.

Re: Why I actually came on here in the middle of the night.... February 16, 2009 10:31PM
them Zetors were, of course, also from behind the iron curtain like Ursus, Belarus, Fortschritt ....
But the czech always had the borders a little more open than the others and dealt with their european neighbours. So access to materials for them was better than for most other companies having to work under the communists.
By now they are in the "real world" and the czech are catching up to the standards FASTLY in every aspect.

Re: Why I actually came on here in the middle of the night.... February 16, 2009 03:46PM
sascha if you see luke soon tell him that he won alot of american fans sat. nite in louisville ky! I took a ride 8 yrs ago kinda like he did in the pull off, but mine was on a LSS alky tractor that belonged to a friend of mine. At the 100 ft mark the return line to the tank came loose and the heat from the exhaust pipe ignited the alcohol which came back on me i didn't realize what happened until i was at the 275 mark and my suit got extremely hot and it looked like asphalt does on a hot day. the sled operator shut the tractor down and the track crew put it out with extinguishers thats when i realized that you can't always see alcohol when it burns! so to make along story short the firesuit and helment saved my life! oh and tell luke that its a good idea to keep the visor down on your helmet cause you never know when you will eat smoke!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,730, Posts: 229,863, Members: 3,332.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member WestonFarms