Changing a diesel to run alcohol March 20, 2013 01:50PM
In general, generic, terms. If one has a diesel engine, and wants to change it over to alcohol, what all has to be done? Obviously, one needs some spark plugs for each cylinder, and an ignition system of some sorts that works similar to a distributer... But are the alcohol tractors running direct injection? A carb? Does one have to go with aluminum rods and pistons just to get engine component weights down to get the high RPM's, or can stock parts be used? Just asking.....

Re: Changing a diesel to run alcohol March 20, 2013 11:05PM
First off throw everything that rotates out, buy 2 sets of everything (rods, pistons, etc) unless you enlist the assistance of a professional then buy 3 sets of everything. Dig into the kids college fund and use that for anti depression medication because after years of driving to hell and back trying to get the thing to run you'll need something to take the edge off. Buy lots and lots of oil and filters also you'll want to look into a used oil heater because alcohol laden oil burns very hot. Don't paint anything because after a season you'll only have one or two of the original color components left in service, the rest will be in a pile meant for the recycler. Spend the next winter reviewing all the mistakes you made.....buy another set of everything.....drive some more get your ass handed to you by some guy who has half as much invested in his rig ( but obviously is doubly as intelligent as you are) then put new rings in it and drive some more. After all that put it on the PULL OFF for sale page for one quarter of what you have spent on it. Finally go find a nice super farm and settle for placing 3-5 th and have some fun. Other than that alcohol tractors are a real HOOT!!!

Re: Changing a diesel to run alcohol March 20, 2013 11:11PM
That about sums it up!!! Dont forget all the good storys you can tell about surviving fireballs and flames.

Re: Changing a diesel to run alcohol March 20, 2013 11:26PM
There can be true to the statements above, but it really depends on what class you intend to run.

Re: Changing a diesel to run alcohol March 21, 2013 01:19AM
Jus wondering if anyone has thought bout runnin a single charger class on alcohol? Pro stock, limited pro stock, light pro stock but alcohol?

Re: Changing a diesel to run alcohol March 21, 2013 01:23AM
Hey rob that mean yours is for sale??

Re: Changing a diesel to run alcohol March 21, 2013 04:24AM
Well, being ever the optimist and immune to embarrassment and humiliation I guess this summer has to be the one!!!! Ha maybe the stars will align and the old girl will run some

Re: Changing a diesel to run alcohol March 21, 2013 01:24AM
I see a support group forming. That post was a good start to the day! Beer

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: Changing a diesel to run alcohol March 21, 2013 01:28AM
Rob, that is hands down the most entertaining semi-true response I have ever heard!! You put WAY too much thought into that! Love it!

Re: Changing a diesel to run alcohol March 21, 2013 11:39AM
Rob, I think you have been cursed by the midget fairy!Hot

Re: Changing a diesel to run alcohol March 21, 2013 11:51AM
Where's the "Like" button!!

Re: Changing a diesel to run alcohol March 21, 2013 12:18PM
I love that post Rob . Funny but sadly true LOL Winking

Re: Changing a diesel to run alcohol March 21, 2013 05:04AM
U only need to know one word when talking alchohol tractors Blackbourn. He can answer any questions u have and make it run.

Re: Changing a diesel to run alcohol March 21, 2013 10:52AM
Not really as bad as all that. Depends if you have been given any good information. I would give you some assistance. What brand are you thinking?

Re: Changing a diesel to run alcohol March 21, 2013 12:18PM
Sounds like I'm in for a long summer, or three. I love a good challange.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,776, Posts: 229,946, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,032.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009