duramax powerstroke or cummins April 09, 2013 05:06AM
just currios what you would pick duramax powerstroke or cummins

Re: duramax powerstroke or cummins April 09, 2013 08:12AM
I have been a Ford guy all my life, but our company recently bought a Ram with Cummins and I would not buy a Ford again

Re: duramax powerstroke or cummins April 09, 2013 09:34AM
Depends on what you want it for. Farm-Dodge, Hiway-Chevy,Big man-Ford, just my thoughts.

Re: duramax powerstroke or cummins April 11, 2013 11:15AM
BLPS must be selling a 6.0...........Thats the only reason anyone would say theyre not junk......We had 6 of them at work.....I'd bet that only 3 ran at any particular time..

Re: duramax powerstroke or cummins April 09, 2013 09:44AM
As a guy that works on vehicles for a living I would buy a gas pickup. If you are planning on buying brand new. Fuel cost per mile is the same (even towing) and the maintenance costs are much less. Older diesels are ok in all of them.

Re: duramax powerstroke or cummins April 09, 2013 10:57AM
Will agree with that, 5 diesels in a row, gas now, no regrets!

Re: duramax powerstroke or cummins April 11, 2013 02:19AM
as others say gas is the best option in 07 and newer trucks. If you really want a diesel, take this testimony. The best mechanic in our area says he makes a ton of money working on Fords constantly. He works on some Cummins, but much less frequently. He almost never gets a Duramax in.

Above all, NEVER EVER EVER get a 6.0 Ford, no matter how cheap it is. You WILL regret it.

Re: duramax powerstroke or cummins April 11, 2013 02:35AM
Do you diesel guys fight with algae in pickups? I know truckers that fight it, but haven't heard from pickup drivers that fill up at BP, Phillips 66, & etc.

Re: duramax powerstroke or cummins April 11, 2013 08:19AM
There is no reason to be afriad of newer diesel trucks they have lots of power, none get real good fuel mileage stock now though but that can be easily solved by doing a dpf delete kit etc and you will gain tons more power and some mileage but they will run way better all around. As far as the fords there is nothing wrong with them either even the 6.0 litre, navistar built a heck of a motor and like usual some higher ups at ford wanted to cheapen them up so they put in some cheaper parts and electronics in them causing some problems witch can all be easily fixed, biggest problem being the egr that can be deleted or updated. Plus they prob do keep mechaincs busy because there is a lot of powerstrokes out there on the road don't believe me look at most tow trucks, ups trucks, and ambulance's pretty much all powerstrokes. Bottom line is any brand of diesel truck is fine but as far as gas vs diesel it just depends on what you are going to do with it and wether or not you need one ( or want to spend the extra $ ). Gas trucks have come along ways too good power and mileage now as well.

Re: duramax powerstroke or cummins April 11, 2013 09:30AM
You can take that to the bank! not a thing a wrong with a 6.0 ,just have to under stand them.

Re: duramax powerstroke or cummins April 11, 2013 03:54PM
jd402056
You can take that to the bank! not a thing a wrong with a 6.0 ,just have to under stand them.

I agree, you have to understand that the PS 6.0 only came with 4 head bolts per cylinder, also came with a turbo that has all the durability of a 30 year old window fan. Came with leaky crank seals. You just have to understand them.

Re: duramax powerstroke or cummins April 11, 2013 09:54PM
Kinda like a 1066 ,if your smart enough you can make them reliable also.Thats if you got a few truck engines laying around.

Re: duramax powerstroke or cummins April 11, 2013 09:36AM
well said blps!

Re: duramax powerstroke or cummins April 12, 2013 12:28AM
If you could get a 2500 HD chevy body, a cummins motor, and ford interior, throw them all together, you would have the best truck ever. Good body, Great motor, and manly interior.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,748, Posts: 229,892, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,087, Posts: 225,995.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM