SETTING THE PITCH OF MY DRIVETRAIN April 13, 2013 10:16AM
IM BUILDING A MINIROD PULLING TRACTOR AND WANT TO KNOW IF THE PITCH OF THE DRIVETRAIN MATTERS ?? WITH THE CENTERLINE LEVEL MY CARB IS PITCHED DOWN, VALVECOVERS LEVEL. IF THE CARB IS LEVEL IT SITS HIGH OUT OFTHE FRAME AT A 4 DEGREE PITCH UP. ANY SUGETIONS ON HOW TO SET IT UP ?

Re: SETTING THE PITCH OF MY DRIVETRAIN April 14, 2013 05:01AM
Never built one, but I would think there would be an advantage to keep the center of gravity as low as possible. If the carb is pitched down some, it would run more level when pulling, or when the front end rises. I'd keep the engine low.

Re: SETTING THE PITCH OF MY DRIVETRAIN April 14, 2013 08:04AM
THANKS FOR THE ADVISE

Re: SETTING THE PITCH OF MY DRIVETRAIN April 14, 2013 09:09AM
The ones we have built we set the front of the crankshaft at 13 inches. Have had good luck that way.

Re: SETTING THE PITCH OF MY DRIVETRAIN April 15, 2013 01:59AM
Four degrees should put you in the ballpark, but understand the height at the crankshaft nose is relative to the forward placement of the motor on the wheelbase. Pinion angle is important. JW

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,704, Posts: 229,806, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,953.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro