removing rocker arm shaft on 400 series IH April 19, 2013 12:27PM
Stripped out an rocker arm adjustment screw and cant get the rocker arm high enough to clear the pushrod to slide it over to put a new screw in. Any ideas or can I take the head bolts out that hold the shaft only and replace the screw and then retorque the head bolts that hold the rocker arm shaft and be okay or should I loosen all the head bolts and then retorque them all and if so would I lose the head gasket seal and have to take the head off.

Re: removing rocker arm shaft on 400 series IH April 20, 2013 01:14AM
You should be fine just loosening the bolts that hold the rocker shaft in place. I would re-torque the head bolts once you get the rocker shaft back in place.

Re: removing rocker arm shaft on 400 series IH April 21, 2013 01:56PM
I have shanged broken rocker arms and only have retorqued the the bolts that I removed with no trouble but just enough is right your better off to torque all the bolts

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,769, Posts: 229,936, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,026.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009