IH Hot farm problem April 25, 2013 01:11AM
Iast season my tractor was cutitng out sounded like when i got about half way down the track sounded like it was running out of fuel or not getting enough. its a 466, a pump, 4x28 injectors, 093 lines, 3x3 turbo, water injection i had an big electric pump supplying the injection pump but now im switching to a belt drive pump, could i also not have enough flow through the factory filter? and to small of feed lines would that cause this to happen? thanks for your help!

Re: IH Hot farm problem April 25, 2013 05:46AM
It's very possible your fuel supply system was your problem. Were you running a return off of your a pump? If so was it restricted to keep pressure in the pump?

Re: IH Hot farm problem April 25, 2013 11:56AM
send your pump in

Re: IH Hot farm problem April 25, 2013 11:57AM
Yes it has a return off injection pump but maybe my line isnt big enough i think it was a 3/8 line

Re: IH Hot farm problem April 25, 2013 06:02PM
what we found on the a pumps is that you need to have a restrictor orfice or even cap off the return line on the pump. w/o a restriction fuel will move through the pump to fast and back to the tank. you best idea was to get rid of the electric fuel pump. a stock filter should be ok with the a pumps. watch the size of you fuel lines. i run 1/2" lines on mine to the inj pump.

Re: IH Hot farm problem April 27, 2013 01:11AM
Do you have a voltage gauge on the tractor ??? Could of been if you where running a electric water system an that big electric supply pump that half way down the track your where dropping to much voltage there for drop fuel psi to your injection pump .I have seen this alot with those big electric pusher pumps you will love the mechanical one alot better because when rpm's come up so doesn't your fuel psi.Do yourself a favor put a mechanical gauage on dash for both fuel psi ,an voltaage it will save you thousands of dollars .I learn this the hard way.Good luck this season.

Re: IH Hot farm problem April 27, 2013 05:01AM
Helper. yes i do have a restrictor orffice on my pump return and some of my lines are 3/8 and a few are 1/2 lines

Little nasty i didnt have a votage gauge on it but yes i was running a electric water injection pump also so maybe that was my problem then i think to a mechanical pump will help me, but i did know if that was only problem or if there was other things on my fuel system too.

Re: IH Hot farm problem April 27, 2013 01:41PM
I have seen others use the factory IH fuel filter head with success, but on yours, I'd consider eliminating it, and getting a Fleetguard fuel filter head with 7/8" ORB threads & using a Fleetguard filter, like a FS1212 filter. I want to say the part number for the filter head is a 142784S from Fleetguard. I have one of these on mine, it allows you to easily plumb your fuel system with 1/2" hose, even bigger with matching AN fittings.

Re: IH Hot farm problem April 28, 2013 03:29PM
Ok thanks guys

Re: IH Hot farm problem April 28, 2013 04:02PM
Get rid of the electric pump. Been there, done that.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,793, Posts: 229,992, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,066.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009