John Deere 466 with 55 series heads May 04, 2013 06:37AM
I am in the process of installing a set of 55 series heads on a 466 just wondering if i am going to need low rise pistons. I have heard some people talk about needing this pistons to make it run right. The tractor is being set up to run in the 3000 rpm class. New to pulling any help would be great. Thanks.

Re: John Deere 466 with 55 series heads May 05, 2013 10:19AM
The 55 head has a very small combustion chamber.. ( hard to even call it a chamber) So it will lower your compression ratio.. Many never have problems just installing the head.. It depends on what your ratio is to start with... I'd put it on and run it..

Re: John Deere 466 with 55 series heads May 05, 2013 11:59AM
put one on and need a squirt of ether to start , but with a 2.3 turbo lost some torque. Upgraded the cam and a 2.6 for this year to match the rules and should be alot better. We pull in the local hot farm at the area fairs and are about 20 feet behind the binders, but the upgrades should put it in the hunt.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,643, Posts: 229,709, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520