V12 Detroit for sale - Iowa May 07, 2013 07:33AM
Newbie at the wheel and not sure where to start. I have a complete V12 Detroit for sale and a friend recommended this site. It was originally purchased to build a hay grinder and the plans fell through. It's been sitting for several years. Any recommendations on where to look or am I in the right spot?

Re: V12 Detroit for sale - Iowa May 07, 2013 04:56PM
If you want to sell it for decent price, call Vander-Haags in Des Moines, and ask for TJ.
He will want it for a project he has. I don't think the yard has any use for it.

Re: V12 Detroit for sale - Iowa July 14, 2013 05:20AM
Thanks for the tip. Much appreciated, it is, and I will definitely look into it. Any idea what something like this would go for?

Re: V12 Detroit for sale - Iowa July 14, 2013 10:36AM
How about phone # and a price. I could maybe have a use for it

Re: V12 Detroit for sale - Iowa July 15, 2013 04:22AM
I'm just taking offers right now. I don't know what it's worth. I don't have the option to PM you and I can't find your profile. That being said, I don't know how to get you my # because I don't want to post it in the forum. I appreciate the interest though.

Re: V12 Detroit for sale - Iowa July 17, 2013 05:50AM
$ 1500. e-mail com7810@hughes.net

Re: V12 Detroit for sale - Iowa July 16, 2013 05:13AM
What horsepower? Turbo or na? Year? What application was it originally in - ie truck, industrial, marine? How complete - clutch, pto, radiator? 715 307 0241

Re: V12 Detroit for sale - Iowa July 16, 2013 08:39AM
I don't have much background info on this engine. The answers are with a guy who passed away a couple years a go so I can't tell you where it came from. We didn't even know it was there until just recently and we've had the shop for 2 years now. The tag on it says "Output at site: 526" but it had turbos on it ~ one of them is currently missing. I sent a link for you to see the pics of what I have. It's just the engine, but I think someone put on some aftermarket parts because the specs don't line up with twin turbo applications or, I speculate that it came out of a semi truck. There is no clutch, radiator, or PTO. We did have the radiator, but it was shot and I took it in for salvage. The date on the block says 29/05/84. I ran the serial # and I only got two results. One was N/A and the other took me to a site for backup generators. Model # is IBD234V12. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have anymore questions and I will try to answer them ASAP.

Chris

Re: V12 Detroit for sale - Iowa July 16, 2013 10:32AM
Not knowing much about about it, and missing parts, not something id want to spend a ton of money on, but it would be a fun someday or a shop decoration

Re: V12 Detroit for sale - Iowa July 17, 2013 12:28PM
I wasn't expecting a ton of money out of this, but in your case, the cost of transportation would come really close to a ton. If I could decode the serial number, I might have a better idea of what it came out of, but all my leads come up blank. Any suggestions on who I could ask?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,734, Posts: 229,867, Members: 3,333.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM