ORVTPA Schedule May 11, 2013 03:32PM
Check out the ORVTPA website for an updated 2013 schedule including several new events.
ORVTPA

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 12, 2013 02:14PM
Awesome!! Glad to see you having the 9000 & 11,000 FS classes. Hope that you all have it at more places. Always looking for places to pull. Thanks a bunch.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 12, 2013 02:46PM
What rules our you going to have on these farm stock classes.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 12, 2013 03:41PM
2600 rpm , 2.3 inlet on turbo , factory 3 point hitch and pto have to work , no replacement or aftermarket blocks, 470 cubic inch limit . There are more but these are the basics . If you are interested repost and give me a phone # and i will call you and send them to you

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 13, 2013 10:07AM
What pumps will be allowed in the 9000 & 11,000?

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 13, 2013 02:43PM
the pump that comes on the tractor from the factory, the 9000 was suposed to be no A or P pumps and limits on others but that is up in the air at the moment

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 13, 2013 03:06PM
Any Speed limit, what type of purse how many hooks.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 15, 2013 03:20PM
The ole rotary pump Deere's better hope they will let them pull with the Antiques, cause they don't stand a chance now. There will be a blue one that will hard to handle in that class if he can get it to the track.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 16, 2013 05:46AM
As long as it is still rotary pump like a 1066 and runs less than 2600 rpm , 2.3 inlet on turbo , factory 3 point hitch and pto I see no reason you can't.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 16, 2013 06:28AM
as long as its the original block at 466. they said at the rules meeting the deeres where the only ones that could change blocks. No 466 in IH, no 456 in Ford and so on.Only newer blocks if you wear green. I know its stupid but thats what they said

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 14, 2013 03:43PM
If it is a farm stock class you can't ban pumps that are stock for a tractor that fits that class. Inline pumps have been around on farm tractors since the 50's. If some one wants to pull a 4valve head common rail powered New Holland Genesis they are welcome to do that as well as long as it meets the same basic rules as everyone else.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 14, 2013 11:48PM
Sounds like the 9000 is wide open then?

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 15, 2013 10:44AM
I hope it stays that way, I've got a "1070" Case (wink wink) that I will be pulling in that class if so.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 15, 2013 10:59AM
I always though it was kind of crazy to limit them by pump type anyway, if you really want to level the playing field, it is best to limit them by turbo size only. If someone wants to spend a load of money, they can get a whole lot of fuel out of any of the pumps. When you limit the turbo size you put a limit on the amount of fuel that can be effectively burnt, so if someone wants to shoot 1000ccs of fuel into a tractor with a 2.3 charger, then let them, if you don't allow water then they are just going to melt something anyway. When you limit tractors to their stock pump only, you are giving a very distinct advantage to certain tractors that came out of the factory with better pumps.

It doesn't really matter though, people are always gonna find a way to spend more money to gain a small advantage.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 15, 2013 10:46AM
Just to make sure I read it right there is a 470 cube limit in both the 9000 and 11000 classes?

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 16, 2013 12:10AM
Questions for KTA can I pull my IH 466 cube 1066 with this group.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 16, 2013 06:43AM
So, I can get new plugs for my gas burner then, since that is what it came from the factory with? Spark plugs been around on farm tractors for quite a few years I think. Correct gap spacing is what makes the difference!

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 16, 2013 08:34AM
You'll probably be ok to pull in that class, as long as you don't win. If you start winning then they are gonna have to look over the rules and see how they can exclude you.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 16, 2013 09:04AM
So its no A or P pumps and 470 Cube limit? Just the rotary pumps?

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 16, 2013 09:39AM
Heather
yeah you be throwed out with that bunch done been there

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 16, 2013 09:44AM
9000 was supposed to have the pump limits but......................

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 16, 2013 10:00AM
but the pump limits are in both classes now? I looked at the website but couldn't find the rules.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 16, 2013 10:10AM
why not let the old propane molines and gas cases come play that would make one neat class limit

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 16, 2013 10:32AM
Hmmmm......a rossa master pump vs. an "A" pump??? Yeeeeah.......lets see how well that works out. Sounds like another group I know of. Can't keep the rules the same. Gotta change 'em to make sure certain ppl win. Just my opinion.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 16, 2013 12:06PM
Limiting the turbo and the fuel pump is really kinda pointless. If you had a limit to the nitrous orifice is or how much alcohol, propylene oxide or nitromethane can be run in the water, you might have a start on keeping this class even. Not pointing a finger at anyone, but does any of this other stuff matter if you can't keep a handle on that part of it??

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 16, 2013 12:52PM
Where are you running Farm Stock classes that say you can run any of those things?

All the rules that I have seen, say no water injection or any other substances injected, and they also say that it must be diesel fuel only.

qRe: ORVTPA Schedule May 16, 2013 12:43PM
yeah every place we have pulled in KY is 3000 rpm except one place

Re: qRe: ORVTPA Schedule May 16, 2013 01:04PM
this has become ridiculous drivel now.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 16, 2013 10:43AM
Are these the Official ORVTPA rules, (I can't confirm them anywhere) or are these just the Official Steve Heightchew rules, that you are hoping will just catch on, so it gets rid of pesky competition?

Are you hoping that if you say those are the rules long enough, that people will just accept them and they will be adopted as the "official rules"?

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 16, 2013 11:00AM
Agree Steve Reynolds. I'd like to see a copy of these rules too. I have not seen them anywhere, just hear say. I've even sent ORVTPA a message & no reply.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 16, 2013 01:01PM
In my 20 years of pulling that has to be the biggest cry baby thing I have ever heard of! Is the guy from out of state? Does mommy tuck them into bed at night and read them a night time story and give them milk and cookies to?

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 18, 2013 02:35PM
Steve Reynolds
Are these the Official ORVTPA rules, (I can't confirm them anywhere) or are these just the Official Steve Heightchew rules, that you are hoping will just catch on, so it gets rid of pesky competition?

Are you hoping that if you say those are the rules long enough, that people will just accept them and they will be adopted as the "official rules"?
These are not my rules. I did not set them up, i just built tractors that follow those rules. They are the rules that have been run at the Henry , Shelby and Spencer county pulls for several years. I was contacted by ORVTPA about us running with them to fill in a few pulls. We have a good bunch of tractors running in these classes and several more coming this year. Personally i don't have a problem with IH running a 466 or Ford running a 456. We do have a lot of green running with us and i would love to see more color. if you are interested in pulling with us you can contact me and i will be more than happy to talk to you about it and i can give you the names and #s of the guys that run our county pulls . For those of you that just want to run your mouth and stir up trouble get a life.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 16, 2013 11:32AM
Well I'm just confused lol. But that is nothing new for me.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 16, 2013 12:05PM
I'm from over around Evansville, In and I have always wondered why our farm stock tractors don't come down and pull with all you Kentucky boys. Now I see why! Sounds like a lot of favoritism and if you aren't best friends with the tech guys you wont do any good, or they will disqualify you. We have just a few main rules 3,000 rpm, 20.8 tires, and whatever the weight classes are (whether its 9,000 11,000 or 13,000). We understand that the BIGGEST majority of these tractors cant pull off the track and go hook to a set of plows and cut ground all day, and notice I said biggest. We would love to come down and pull with you guys and so would a lot of other surrounding states. Big dig deal if you have a 4250 J.D. a 1466 I.H. etc. and it has an "A" pump and not a rotary pump, let him pull. I know it wouldn't be fair to the other guys that have rotary pumps, but life isn't fair. Cause lets face it, for one your not going to make a living off tractor pulling, and two its always a competition that's what makes it fun. So basically what I'm getting at is have less rules and more fun and some better competition. I can assure you that there will be more of a turnout for the tractors, fans, and you will see in increase in your revenue. That's just my 2 cents

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 16, 2013 12:25PM
You misunderstand, they really don't care about turnout. As long as a few select people show up and they have a guaranteed place they can pull and win , without an outsider beating them, then they have succeeded in structuring their rules.

Don't be a fool in thinking that they want this class to be something that just anyone can show up and pull in.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 16, 2013 12:29PM
Sounds like to me its one hell of a time! No wonder people joke about Kentucky pulling. One of my buddies told me the other day that he thought his new lawn mower could make it to the dirt pile before one of there top running farm stock tractors!

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 16, 2013 12:32PM
There are some good running Farm Stock tractors, the problem is, they get "Ruled Out" if they run good enough to beat the "Rule Bullies".

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 16, 2013 12:36PM
Oh I see now. So basically what your saying is when you pay your hook fee and get your number, they need to start giving out "complimentary kleenexs"?

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 16, 2013 12:48PM
You could say that, if you even get to cross the scales. Sometimes they will complain and keep you from ever getting your tractor unloaded, if it looks like it is gonna do too good. Even worse than that, they will show up at other organization's pulls and complain that their rules should be changed to favor their tractor.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 16, 2013 12:54PM
Before its unloaded?! How does that happen?

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 16, 2013 12:58PM
You know, if your tractor looks too fast or like it could possibly beat certain people, they will save you the trouble of unloading it.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 16, 2013 01:04PM
In my 20 years of pulling that has to be the biggest cry baby thing I have ever heard of! Is the guy from out of state?

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 16, 2013 01:34PM
Dear promoter, go back 25 or 30 years ago, if you pulled farm stock, you wen't to your local county fair that you were from and pulled with a 3 point hitch, factory draw bar with a clevis and hung your weights with a log chain or whatever and the factory front bar and pulled your tractor, daddy's or grandpaw's out of the field once a year, if you do more than that today, you are a (TRACTOR PULLER). l would love to pull in Ky.because i'm from southern In., the easy way to solve your problem is to E-mail graveskerry@yahoo.com and get a copy of the indiana rules and both states could put a great series or pulls together very easy overnite.It would make you money or make agreat fund raiser.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 16, 2013 01:44PM
You are missing their point, they don't want to have rules that will allow more people to pull with them. That would just mean more people that might beat them, they want to narrow the rules to keep more people out.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 17, 2013 12:16AM
Yeah All they did was make the class really expensive with the stock block rule, guys have been changing the hood and stickers on there green ones for years! But if your not in the click you can't do it. The best running farm stock tractor in ky wouldn't be in the top 10 over in IN, that's why they don't go over there. Hope this new ones shake things up a bit, and hear there is some new other off brands being built for the 9000lb class! Some color would really help that class out!

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 17, 2013 01:39AM
Mr. promoter, I did my research for you, i called a puller that pulled with this group and the promoter was a mr. Hance that worked at a tractor dealership in shelbyville, KY., I obtain there rules and laughed, did he make them or his joke of a attorney,then i contacted the Ky. attorney generals office for the safety of the fans, i guess the pullers don't care or they would stay home.1st in the 9,000LB class if you want everyone to run a rotary pump maybe you should think about pulling with the antique division( DARKE COUNTY OHIO)or any group, with your factory block instead of you cheater engine, you will be there top division there, because remember what your rules read, 2nd there is tons of safety issues involved, no electric fans, there cheap, what someones life worth,the 11-13,000IB. classes, in rule #8 the engine block,injection pump, transmission and rear end must match the make, from what i've heard, most of you guy's better start changing engines pretty fast, or you can't pull.In the 9 & 11,000 class i hope you have a pump ready to check the cubes of the top 3 in each class (470cu) limit,I will leave this at 42 general rules and 7 RPM rules and several of the 42 mean the same thing, your in trouble, you will have fights every nite, if i had time to wast i'd bring my armer suit (for safety) and whatch. When i talked to the attorney generals office they told me to find a certified mechanic that didn't no anyone in this area and they could come to the 2nd pull and if there was cheating, it could lead to promoter lawsuits and stopping all other pulls until resolution has been met, i'd fix your rules but you made them, so be ready, i was also told there's several new tractors this year, remember don't change you plates, the casting #'s are stamped in each part, changing decals are for the pro's not cheating.You guys are tractor pullers, go to Temple Hill, KY.May 31 and June 1st 7:00 PM great pay out and pull and have fun.I'm only trying to get KY.and IN. pullers on the same page and work together and make pulling come back bigger then ever.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 17, 2013 05:18AM
It seems like you might have had some good thoughts in there, but there are very hard to interpret. You kind of write like a kid with ADD thinks, you jump from topic to topic and don't make very much sense in between.

I think I agree with you though, at least agree that their rules suck and it seems to favor a few. I am not sure why you called the AG's office, they probably thought your were a little "off" though,

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 17, 2013 07:27AM
My guess is that mr Reynolds has been to kentucky and got beat or didn't get to pull by the way he is bashing kentucky. My words are just stay away we don't need that kind of negative sportsmanship in our pulls. Thanks One Kentucky Puller.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 17, 2013 07:42AM
I don't see that he is bashing KY from reading his comments. It looks to me like he is just talking about one group, that tends to "get their way".It seems like there are little groups like this everywhere. Have you ever hooked to the sled, well within the rules, only to do really good and at the end of the track you are met by people telling you to leave and never come back?

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 17, 2013 07:57AM
That sounds like illinois boys to me. Haha

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 17, 2013 09:06AM
When you work beside a state govenor in your state everyday, you can get anything in about any state done, all we do is E-mail that state office. I'ts all in who you know.I agree with the In. and Ill. guys, but the gentleman said i was a little off is very wrong, it sounds like you were loaded when you were writing and i hope your name isn't loaded.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 17, 2013 12:12PM
someone is nuts my x brother inlaw works directly under the attorney gen his name is Jamie no last names I have pulled 24 years hes knew me for 15 and he don't even no what tractor pulling is his knowledge is like my spelling next we will hear someone talked to OJs lawyer LOL

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 17, 2013 12:42PM
Some nuts, which nut did you hatch out of, no one can give info out, you might have cost some there job, i like you spelling XXXX

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 17, 2013 12:47PM
Those are my thoughts exactly. I would aslo like to know what Jeff P. does if he works beside the state governor, of his state (as opposed to the state governor or his country?). He surely isn't writing correspondance for the governor, or even writing coherant ideas. Heff, if you did email them in the same fashion that you type posts on here, they probably were confused and just replied something to you to get you to leave them alone. I used to work for the state in law enforcement and unless someine is being frauded or similar, the AG's office is not going to get involved with tractor pulling rules and even that would be a stretch.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 17, 2013 05:01PM
When are we going to get to see some official rules? I don't want to waste time hauling a tractor to these pulls if they aren't going to let me hook.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 18, 2013 01:19AM
SKPParts Diesel Days - Truck & Tractor Pull - May 31, June 1 - You're all welcome to come and pull at Temple Hill.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 18, 2013 03:33AM
The rules are what I say they are, and I will make sure that MY RULES become the official rules. If you want to pull in the class, you will have a tractor that meets my rules or you won't pull.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 18, 2013 06:28AM
Steve Heightchew
The rules are what I say they are, and I will make sure that MY RULES become the official rules. If you want to pull in the class, you will have a tractor that meets my rules or you won't pull.

Well, I guess that "settles" that...

End thread.

The pissing match has concluded.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 18, 2013 07:29AM
Yeah, sounds to me like someone wants those rules to match there tractor so they don't get beat. Childish ways & sore losers.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 18, 2013 12:42PM
I don't why everyone can't just get along

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 18, 2013 01:00PM
Why don't you all adopt some more common Farm Stock rules. I think this would make every get along a little better.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 19, 2013 01:19AM
It is 470 cube limit on the 9 and 11, no cube limit on the 13. No p pumps in the 9 and 11 can run a p pump in the 13 but it must have come from the factory with the p pump. To fordpuller9000 the 9000 class still has a rule that the tractor had to come out of the factory with less than 120 horsepower. So just change your decals. It used to be a know A pump class, not any more there are a couple of old case tractors coming out. Hope to see everybody Friday, I will pull any where any time I can because I just love to pull. Might have to un-hook my old 8600 from the bush-hog to pull if the other one is not done.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 19, 2013 06:13AM
No problem, mine is just an 8000 with a turbo, which is what any 9000 is.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 18, 2013 01:34PM
Is the cube limit for both 9 and 11?

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 18, 2013 03:18PM
I see that everyone is hung up on thinking that it is rotary only, but I didn't see anywhere that you said I couldn't pull my Ford with a Simms inline. I am hoping to get it out a few times this year and it would be nice to have some decently close pulls to take it to. I assume I am right that my 9000 with the Simms is allowed. It is the factory pump and probably closer to stock than some tractors that pull in a farm stock class. I am hoping to make a couple pulls with it this year, and have a chance to tear into my other one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2013 03:20PM by FordPuller9000.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 18, 2013 02:41PM
Steve Heightchew
I don't why everyone can't just get along
I DID NOT POST THIS < SOMEBODY IS JUST BEING A PUNK

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 19, 2013 06:26AM
Was wanting to know if ORVTPA has decided on the pump rule for the 9000 class? This forum has got me confused as to what is going on. Too much bickering & it has gotten out of hand.

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 18, 2013 11:48AM
Steve Heightchew
I DID NOT POST THIS !!!! SOME IDIOT IS JUST STARTING TROUBLE IF anybody wants to talk about the rules call me Steve 502-643-7851

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 18, 2013 11:53AM
It is a damn shame you can't post your real name, that some cowardly little girl has to use your name to start trouble. Why dont you cowards use your real name and quit being little housewives

Re: ORVTPA Schedule May 20, 2013 02:18PM
Come on down to Temple Hill. May 31 & June 1
And have a big ol time blowing smoke & see what everyone has.

SKPParts
Wade Jackson.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,790, Posts: 229,989, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,066.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009