exaust pressure guage setup May 13, 2013 02:19AM
Im looking at hooking up an exaust pressure guage from the manifold to the dash. What should i use as tubing to connect the two? I was thinking 1/16" refrigerant line with compression fittings. Was gonna put a couple drip loops between the guage and manifold and fill the line with water or oil. Does this sould like it will work and be safe? Was also thinking about a 200psi guage? We normally see about 70 psi of boost max.

Thanks

Re: exaust pressure guage setup May 14, 2013 05:07PM
Don't know how cheap or redneck you wanna go, but a truck tire gauge will work as a tattle tale boost gauge

Re: exaust pressure guage setup May 15, 2013 02:56PM
Im gonna use guages. The main thing i need to know is what size line and what to fill it with.

Re: exaust pressure guage setup May 16, 2013 02:43AM
I've always used 1/4" copper line & didn't fill it with anything. They've usually been 3-4' long & I haven't had a problem.

Re: exaust pressure guage setup May 14, 2013 05:32PM
McMaster Carr has max indicating gauges that will work well with this app. I used 3/8" copper and made it extra long to cool it down ...

Re: exaust pressure guage setup May 16, 2013 10:26AM
HAVE SET UP SEVERAL, USING ABOUT 3/16" STEEL BRAKE TUBING, THEN MAKE ABOUT A 3-4" LOOP AND FILL WITH ENGINE OIL.
THEN OIL WILL STOP ANY SOOT FROM PLUGGING UP GAUGES OR PRESSURE SENSORS. EVERY SEASON I BRAKE CLEAN OUT THE LINE AND REFILL WITH CLEAN OIL, NO MORE PLUGGING PROBLEMS.

Re: exaust pressure guage setup May 17, 2013 04:37PM
what type of fittings do you use or how do you hook a tire pressure guage to a boost line?

Re: exaust pressure guage setup May 17, 2013 09:45PM
Use a compression tester gauge then it will show the highest boost- use renforced plastic line, keep it simple aint no use to spend a million bucks on this

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,785, Posts: 229,971, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,049.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009