clutch May 22, 2013 02:38PM
Im installing Crower clutch disks in a 2 disk Hy capacity IH clutch. The crower disks are thinner than the Hy cap disks. When you install the pressure plate it does not contact the disks. I was thinking of making a thicker floater plate, or cutting the step down on the flywheel. With both sets of disks stacked side by side the Crowers are 0.150 thousanth thinner. looking for any good input.

Re: clutch May 24, 2013 05:24AM
I would make a thicker floater, if it was mine....they had a tendency to warp the floater anyhow, with a thicker floater, and the crower style disks, should be a pretty good set-up......just my opinion.....

Re: clutch May 26, 2013 02:12AM
That sounds like the best thing to do. Thanks for the advice.

Re: clutch May 26, 2013 05:03AM
I'm not sure how your clutch is setup.. But couldn't you just cut down the stands/spacers for the pressure plate?? The thicker floater would be better.. Just a thought

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,645, Posts: 229,712, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,904.

Our newest member JD_8520