radial engines? May 25, 2013 08:47AM
i have seen many engine choices in mod classes but never radial engines. ever been done? if so how did it work out?

Re: radial engines? May 25, 2013 10:06AM
You need to look at mods from europe ...... they have them. But then they seem to run what ever they find in the barn LOL

Re: radial engines? May 25, 2013 12:14PM
KBacker, yes, and they somehow make them work. very interesting to see and hear. Almost like listening to Allisons.

Re: radial engines? May 26, 2013 08:36AM
In my opinion you're talking #$(@#&(

The teams in Europe look further than the V8's.
And therefor I think the European pullers are more into doing something different.
That's why I like the modified classes so much from Europe, because of the diversity of engines.

Re: radial engines? May 26, 2013 03:14PM
Radial Powered TractorThere is a new Radial tractor in NJ, they are just finishing the rebuild of the motor at Castner's Performance in Penn Yan NY.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2013 03:16PM by Policy Peddler.

Re: radial engines? May 26, 2013 05:08PM
I seen one in the pulling museum at BG a few years ago. Maybe someone can help me out on this but if memory serves he won the championship then radials were band from NTPA. I think it was the purple people eater or something like that.

Re: radial engines? May 27, 2013 03:16AM
Isn't the limit on aircraft engines 2500 cu in in the USA? The big radials are about 3300 cu in?

Re: radial engines? May 27, 2013 03:44AM
i wouldnt think there would be any engine limits in unlimited?

Re: radial engines? May 27, 2013 09:23AM
The Unlimited mod is really false advertising. They did put a Hp limit on them but I'm not sure about Cid.

Re: radial engines? May 27, 2013 11:32PM
It was the Purple Monster owned by Tracy Varns of Wooster, Oh originally built and pulled by his dad, Roger. Radial engine with Cockshutt rear that is still in running condition and sounds good... There is a video on YouTube of it pulling at the national Oliver show when it was in Wooster.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,731, Posts: 229,864, Members: 3,332.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member WestonFarms