Cummins Smoking May 30, 2013 02:33PM
I drive an 07 dodge with the 6.7. It has a smarty programmer and a dpf delete. I keep noticing excessive black smoke while i'm driving down the road at steady throttle. It smokes like i'm getting on it, but it's doing it at almost no load, sometimes even coasting down hill. Has anyone else noticed this, or can tell me why it is doing this. The check engine light hasn't come on. Thanks

Re: Cummins Smoking May 30, 2013 03:49PM
Sounds like a problem with the dpf delete. It isn't lying to the computer correctly. Have you noticed your mileage has gone down?

Re: Cummins Smoking May 30, 2013 06:01PM
If you have a aftermarket aircleaner that takes oil (K&N), you're mass air sensor might be out. If they get oil on them, most of the time you'll have to replace them.

Re: Cummins Smoking June 01, 2013 05:23AM
If I had one that got 24mpg in normal everyday driving I would be afraid to try to fix it!

Re: Cummins Smoking May 31, 2013 12:01AM
When mine did that it was a combo between the crank case filter and the egr valve sticking.

Re: Cummins Smoking May 31, 2013 08:10AM
I just checked the mileage on the highway and it was like 24 mpg. Stock air filter. I don't have a egr delete, could that be the problem, or could it fix the problem. I don't want to put it on a computer because I would have to put the stock tune in it first, then I would have to put the dpf back on. Thanks for the help.

Re: Cummins Smoking May 31, 2013 01:27PM
The Dodges had the worst EGR system out there (even worse than the 6.0 Fords believe it or not), so it could definitely cause problems. Delete it and you'll be golden since you've already gotten rid of the DPF.

Re: Cummins Smoking June 01, 2013 04:28AM
I agree with "ParkerFly". get an ERG delete along with your DPF delete, All my problems went away with the ERG and DPF deletes

Re: Cummins Smoking June 01, 2013 02:54PM
What would be a ball park cost of doing a ERG and DPF deletes plus progamer and exhaust?? I have an 09

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009