Boswell Indiana Ntpa Hook Rain or No Rain May 31, 2013 08:12AM
So is Boswell Indiana pull still a go or not?

Re: Boswell Indiana Ntpa Hook Rain or No Rain June 01, 2013 12:22AM
Yes we are a go got rain overnight and anther front coming through this afternoon but plan on pulling at 6 est.

Re: Boswell Indiana Ntpa Hook Rain or No Rain June 01, 2013 01:35AM
What classes are you guys having?

Re: Boswell Indiana Ntpa Hook Rain or No Rain June 01, 2013 04:17AM
Who can we contact about the pulls

Re: Boswell Indiana Ntpa Hook Rain or No Rain June 01, 2013 05:28AM
We are still a go, sun shining at the moment. We are running superfarm, fwd trucks, light prostock tractor, 2.5 diesel truck, and open diesel truck. You can call 317-431-0646 with questions

Re: Boswell Indiana Ntpa Hook Rain or No Rain June 01, 2013 05:37PM
Should have canceled the show. Not good for the fans or the pullers, nobody likes a mud run!

Re: Boswell Indiana Ntpa Hook Rain or No Rain June 02, 2013 01:42AM
Copy that 4455 and if they would haven't started an hour late everyone would have got to pull and not rained out

Re: Boswell Indiana Ntpa Hook Rain or No Rain June 02, 2013 03:54AM
Only 4 super farm and only 10 light pro's. Numbers weren't very good at all. did the tractors stay away because of rain or are the number just down this year? Good numbers in modified 4wd. I also noticed no Zach howell?

Re: Boswell Indiana Ntpa Hook Rain or No Rain June 04, 2013 07:46AM
From another promoter, you did the best you could with the hand you were dealt. Alot of pulls got cancelled last weekend. The pull in Champaign, Il got called bc of rain as well and it was a PPL/ITPA hook. Guys drove from all over and DIDN'T get to hook so be thankful that those who went to Boswell got to hook. I was also told of numerous SF's that weren't there bc of spring fieldwork not being finished and guys waiting on parts. My only suggestion would be to make sure that all organizations are on the same time table when it comes to scheduling.

Re: Boswell Indiana Ntpa Hook Rain or No Rain June 02, 2013 04:46AM
Pullers, fans and promotors do not like cancelled pulls either. So let's give a bunch of credit to the Boswell people that still worked fervently to salvage something out of the rain. The spectators did a real good job of filling up the facility and they all stayed until the end of the NTPA pull was done. Many then left as the 'street' four wheel diesels started but then the clouds were very threatening, too, and of course they won.

So Mark, you made one of the better hooks all night, so you're off to a pretty good start in defending your title. I'm not aware that anybody tore up any equipment (unless you say Sietsema who actually had a start up problem in the pits).

The committee chairman told me the reason why the pull did not start earlier was two fold. Their internal advertising was for 6 PM, NTPA was posting as 7 PM. Also since the track was wet and yes, muddy, once they opened the track up, they wanted to get as much air into as possible being finsihing track preparations. So the club was trying to cover all the bases by trying to please everyone. Let's give them credit for taking the hard route rather than the easy route of giving up (cancelling). The way this season is and with the extended forecasts, I recommend you get use to the (strong) probability of more (weather) situations like this.

Tracks like this also determine exactly how good of a puller operator of your machine you are, too. In fact, I think that was the most intriguing part of the whole pull last night. It put you guys in a completely different realm of being in a normal routine pull. Started sorting out who knew their machine.

I know there are several tractors still waiting on parts, including Howell. Rain high % probability is always a factor of deterring pullers from commiting to a long drive. I'm glad for those that did come and for the Illiana Shakedown people to persevere and trusting they will host us again in '14.

Re: Boswell Indiana Ntpa Hook Rain or No Rain June 02, 2013 09:04AM
Still a good pull but they needed a roller !

Re: Boswell Indiana Ntpa Hook Rain or No Rain June 02, 2013 09:29AM
Try being at Hazel Green!! The track was covered and the pull was still canceled. It rained heavy for about 45 minutes then quit. The pits are grass and the staging area is rock and gravel. There was no reason to cancel. There were a lot of people waiting for the pull, it took me a while to get out of the pits cause of the long lines of people getting out. I will never go back here again for this being a GN event it was a joke!

Re: Boswell Indiana Ntpa Hook Rain or No Rain June 02, 2013 11:04AM
I would like to thank everyone that came to Boswell. I apologize for the track conditions, unfortunately the weather was not on our side this year. We have seven years of experience and have learned that no two years are a like. The main reason for not opening the track up until right before pull time was a rain front forecasted for 3-4pm. We were afraid that we would open it and be done for sure if we got more rain. The track was not our best however the alternative was no pull at all and believe me there are A LOT more upset people over a cancellation than a less than perfect track. We all do this to put on the best show possible, not to disappoint you with mediocracy, however this was a no win on our part. We were disappointed in the numbers as well, we had good numbers last year running the same classes. We believe weather and a late spring planting season were big factors in this. We will be meeting shortly to discuss next years pull. We are going to discuss class changes for next year to help get the numbers back to where they were. What would you guys suggest, stay with super farm or replace with another tractor class and if so which one? Thanks for your support and look forward to seeing you June 7, 2014.

Re: Boswell Indiana Ntpa Hook Rain or No Rain June 02, 2013 12:27PM
Why not look at picking up a few classes from local organizations IPA or another, better chance with a scare of rain that someone will drive 50 or so miles rather than 200+ miles out....

Re: Boswell Indiana Ntpa Hook Rain or No Rain June 02, 2013 12:39PM
A couple of open farmstock classes and pay a little money will get you 20 plus tractors in the classes

Re: Boswell Indiana Ntpa Hook Rain or No Rain June 02, 2013 01:01PM
I was one of the SF's. I know of 10 more that are waiting on parts or they would have been there. As for the track you guys did the best you could under the circumstances. Do what you have to with the classes, but there were several factors in the low numbers. Thank-you for having the pull with the priceof fuel we can't afford to drive that far for a cancellation.

Re: Boswell Indiana Ntpa Hook Rain or No Rain June 02, 2013 03:56PM
why not look at ppl lucas oil midwest region for this event. they have good numbers in many classes and started pulling in mid may so guys are up and running.

Re: Boswell Indiana Ntpa Hook Rain or No Rain June 03, 2013 03:33AM
Thanks for the support Disturbed MX. I agree there were a lot of factors in the numbers of your class. In the past it has always been good to us and we would like to keep it. I know we lost a couple to Hazel Green this year but we have been on top of each other in the past and it did not cause this large of issue. We will more than likely continue as usual but will be discussing this shortly. Thanks again for the support and appreciate your input.

Re: Boswell Indiana Ntpa Hook Rain or No Rain June 03, 2013 03:30PM
We've always had a good time coming to Boswell and appreciate the effort you guys put in to the track to make the event happen. For everyone that is complaining, there are worse tracks out there. The SF class numbers were low only because of guys waiting on parts, like Rob said above. We barely made it ourselves this year. It's nice to get a hook before going to Tomah in the spring and hope you'll have the SF class back next year.

-Arthur Whaley
Masten Farms/Thumpin' Pumpkin SF

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,666, Posts: 229,748, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,074, Posts: 225,926.

Our newest member JD_8520