Intercooler on small cubed engine???? June 01, 2018 05:48AM
Running a ford 304 genesis. P pumped open rpm with a 3x3 turbo. Light altered class. Would an intercooler be efficient with our set up and worth the money spent? We are allowed one but have heard both arguments. Already water injected using Simpson unit. Any advice??

Re: Intercooler on small cubed engine???? June 01, 2018 04:06PM
I don’t know why engine size would matter on the effectiveness of an inter cooler. Know of some guys that ran pretty close to what you have and they ran one.

Re: Intercooler on small cubed engine???? June 11, 2018 08:40AM
Absolutely run an intercooler. But watch the amount of injected water. Won’t need as much water with an intercooler. Talk to precision or bell to get your setup, or possibly use big frozen boost intercooler. Might work if you don’t want to spend $$.

Re: Intercooler on small cubed engine???? June 12, 2018 05:19AM
Run the inter cooler! I ran one on a ford 9600 with a 456ci motor years ago. No water injection. Used 150lbs of ice a run. That’s the pain in butt, getting enough ice and keeping it from melting. We would pack and pack the ice box, as we ran the circulation pump until the water coming back to the ice box wassame temp as the water in the box, then even packed it with more ice. Didn’t start the tractor until the tractor before me was tightening the chain. Had 60 + hooks that summer and never had a problem.

Re: Intercooler on small cubed engine???? June 12, 2018 01:39PM
Ohio moonshiner, what for intercooler did you use, I have 8000 with 456 , big sims , and gt42 , gets very warm , was thinging water inj., maybe try intercooler, any information would help. Thanks

Re: Intercooler on small cubed engine???? June 13, 2018 11:09AM
Well it was a big ugly green intercooler that came off of a marine engine. I had my ice box under my seat.... used 5/8" heater hose, used a surflow pump to supply inter cooler. I was actually a little larger than 456, added a little bore and a little stroke. It was setup to run the interstate circuit years back. Ran 7th gear, high side of the dual power in the 12,500 and 13,500. Used no water injection. I would also allowed me to pull places that didn't allow water injection...lol

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,642, Posts: 229,708, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520