tomah/white June 27, 2018 05:20AM
how about a white tractor getting a second,in my opinion that's the biggest news out of tomah.anyone have video of it ??.is this the beginning of the next big thing ??

Re: tomah/white June 27, 2018 05:28AM
I knew it was coming, we were at Kevins a few years ago when he was building it, he's a great guy, glad it came together as good as it did, couldn't have worked out for a better guy.

Re: tomah/white June 27, 2018 07:17AM
Top notch guy, definitely done his homework. Great place to dyno too....... Has bionic ears!!

Re: tomah/white June 27, 2018 02:18PM
Who & what tractor & class are you eluding to? Why does it have to be such a secret with the 3 of you?

Re: tomah/white June 27, 2018 02:53PM
Kevin Engleking-- light pro or light limited pro.

Re: tomah/white June 27, 2018 03:06PM
Forgot to mention its a new tractor --- White American Agco

Re: tomah/white June 27, 2018 05:21PM
Kevin Engleking, he runs with the Badger State Tractor Pullers. Use to pull in the Light Limited Super Stock class for many years with an Oliver called Sweet 16. He run the Cummins block that came in the White. Great guy and if someone can make a white work, he is the guy. For those that follow BSTP we were not surprised by the 2nd place pass.

Re: tomah/white June 28, 2018 01:00AM
He has a very nice collection of Oliver tractors to.

Re: tomah/white June 28, 2018 01:22AM
Here is a picture of the beast from the BSTP website:

Why the surprise? June 28, 2018 01:33AM
I’m not sure why everyone is so surprised. That engine has done the same thing for many a Red tractor. There’s a reason that a Cummins is about the only engine that you see consistently winning. It’s the mark the other makes are chasing. At least in the diesel trucks.

Give an Oliver or White a little time with that engine and they’ll be right in the thick of it. I just don’t think you see it all that much because it’s not in the mainstream like the IH and JDs.

I’m a little biased admittedly, but I hope to see more and more green(the other green) and silver tractors come out to compete. After his success I can see it happening. It’s exciting to see some variety.

Re: Why the surprise? June 28, 2018 01:45AM
Where is a 8.3 Cummins consistenly winning at in a red tractor?

Re: Why the surprise? June 28, 2018 02:16AM
All of the MX tractors have that same motor. Case IH used that motor for several years in their machines. It’s the big brother to the 5.9. I’m not hating on red or green or any brand. I’m just saying that Case IHs used that same motor so it shouldn’t be a complete shock.

Re: Why the surprise? June 28, 2018 04:10AM
I know what models came with Cummins but there isn’t hardly any of those sheet metal’d tractors running them on the track. The 99.9% statement is more accurate than the Cummins lover is probably willing to admit. I commend Kevin for doing all the R&D to get it run and run well

Re: Why the surprise? June 28, 2018 04:23AM
That’s fine. Like I said, it’s nice to see some variety. I guess a guy isn’t allowed to be excited about that and re-iterate that he isn’t hating on an IH. I’m not arguing that the 466 is bad or that the 8.3 is hands down superior. I’m just trying to mention the other side.

I guess now all I have to to do is find 2 Case IH MX or 7220s, etc. powered by an 8.3 out of 1000 on the track....

Video June 28, 2018 02:18AM
[bstponline.com]

Lim Pro videos Prairie Du Sac and Mackville

Jason Schultz
Call or Text 608 604 5068
Email jason@beermoneypullingteam.com
Beer Money Pulling Team Merchandise [beermoneypullingteam.com]

Re: Video June 28, 2018 04:32AM
Thanks for that link. There are some great pulls on there!

Re: Why the surprise? June 28, 2018 03:06AM
I would bet 99.9 percent of red trs are using a dt466 based motor nomatter what sheetmetal is on it

Re: Why the surprise? June 28, 2018 03:25AM
That’s a pretty high percentage. That 466 is great, no doubt, but I don’t know how accurate that is. Plus it wouldn’t be an option if the engine has to match the tractor. If that’s the case, you can’t run a 466 in a 7220 or MX, etc.

All I’m saying is that that 8.3 is probably used more than we realize and has more potential than it maybe gets credit for. Again, not knocking anybody else. That 466 has withstood the test of time as have the JDs, obviously.

Just trying to recognize that it’s not the only way. And that was shown at Tomah. I hope it keeps going. As a fan, I like to see some variety so it’s just exciting.

Re: Why the surprise? June 28, 2018 03:39AM
I would agree with the 99.9%....... Most all the IH, Case IH pulling tractors are DT466 engines... All the builders of them just updated the sheet metal which has been well with in the rules for many years..

Re: Why the surprise? June 28, 2018 05:02AM
I would love to see more 8.3 and 8.9 blocks in pulling. I do think there is some untapped potential there. The 8.4 Sisu is another block from the AGCO ranks I'd like to see utilized more... in the Masseys.

Re: Why the surprise? June 28, 2018 05:00AM
Hummin Cummins
That’s a pretty high percentage. That 466 is great, no doubt, but I don’t know how accurate that is. Plus it wouldn’t be an option if the engine has to match the tractor. If that’s the case, you can’t run a 466 in a 7220 or MX, etc.

All I’m saying is that that 8.3 is probably used more than we realize and has more potential than it maybe gets credit for. Again, not knocking anybody else. That 466 has withstood the test of time as have the JDs, obviously.

Just trying to recognize that it’s not the only way. And that was shown at Tomah. I hope it keeps going. As a fan, I like to see some variety so it’s just exciting.

Just to clarify engine does not have to match the sheet metal. Sheet metal can be upgraded to the latest offerings of the manufacturer as long as it stays within the lineage of the manufacturer. So a 1066 can have the latest puma sheet metal and still use the dt466 engine. This is most often the case. I don't have an accurate count but would say that there is only a handful of 8.3's running in competition as of now. However hopefully this will spawn another option for power and bring more color to the classes of which I agree with you would be a good thing.

Re: Why the surprise? June 28, 2018 05:15AM
So many brands used the 8.3 it should be a huge market.

IH with Cummins June 28, 2018 06:34AM
The only bigger Cummins that i could think of in an IH tractor was Shotgun Red. They utilized a Cummins as an engine late in its full fledged PS days i believe...I'm pretty sure that they switched back to the 466 now but have experimented with the Cummins in a tractor named Chance that pulls in the USA-East FPP Limited Pro/Super Farm Combo Class but also not sure if it has the Cummins in it anymore, but that tractor won the points last year. There is also a light super(Spirit of Oliver) in the state of Ohio that runs a Cummins. A guy not to long ago was trying one in a light pro but i can't remember who it was. Lots of 5.9s are in the light-limited super class. I'm also with the others that most IH Red have the 466 in them.

Re: IH with Cummins June 28, 2018 08:06AM
Does shot gun red still pull

Re: IH with Cummins June 28, 2018 08:37AM
Yes, They pull in the USA-East/Full Pull Productions Limited Pro class mostly.

Re: IH with Cummins June 28, 2018 11:23PM
The use of the 8.3 or the 8.9 is very few and far between. There is one in Europe that runs the Open Super that is over head cam and a billet crank and is the best example of what a Cummins can be made to do. Here in the states you could almost count on your 2 hands the number of 8.3 or 8.9 in use. The statement that about 99% of the red tractors run the DT466 is true. Why, just like the Deere's, the availability of parts. You are not going to find shelf parts for the Cummins, thus the expense or the time waiting for the parts you need.

Re: IH with Cummins June 28, 2018 11:33PM
Chance does not have a Cummins in it nor did it when it won the points,but yes they did try it.
It’s simple 466 has been used for years and everybody has more experiences with them so they know what to do.
It would take a fairly long time to get a Cummins in the spot of a 466, there is suppose to be a Ford with a Cummins
That was suppose to pull in light pro but doesn’t seem to be able to keep it together long enough to hook it

Re: IH with Cummins June 29, 2018 02:06AM
Does Jason Barker's Rhapsody in Blue 4.1 Limited Pro have an 8.3 Cummins in it? Or is he running the Ford truck block... presumably at less than 640 cubes?

Re: Why the surprise? July 01, 2018 02:28AM
rhapsody in blue has a cummins in it.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,682, Posts: 229,784, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason