What's the problem in Rockwell? July 05, 2018 03:33PM
Mod distances are wacky unless 2/3 of the class broke. SSD 4wd with 370 runs. Mifek truck debuted, shown as dq, then not on results. 10:30 on a work night and based on live results is very slow show.

Was there a weather delay? Iffy track? What's the issue there?

Re: What's the problem in Rockwell? July 05, 2018 04:23PM
big time wet and soft track. they tried hard to make the pull work. unfortunately mother nature won the pull tonight.GrinningBeer

Re: What's the problem in Rockwell? July 06, 2018 10:18AM
Get rid of the damn guy in the cut off shirt that is building the track , what a joke isn’t going to be any better tonight! Theyhad all day to push the crap off and they didn’t feel absolutely terrible for the grand national boys that have to deal with it, I’m guessing they won’t be back

Re: What's the problem in Rockwell? July 05, 2018 06:40PM
The Mifek truck was unable to make weight for whatever reason (steel body maybe) but they allowed him to run it as an exhibition/DQ

Re: What's the problem in Rockwell? July 08, 2018 11:25AM
Team one
The Mifek truck was unable to make weight for whatever reason (steel body maybe) but they allowed him to run it as an exhibition/DQ

The truck was finished at 3am on Thursday morning and then traveled 8 hours from Indiana. We weighed it as soon as they had the scales set up. We were over by a few hundred pounds and didn't have enough time to cut the front of the weight box off and fab a new plate. We talked to Gregg Randall and Bryce Anderson and they were nice enough to let me run exhibition both nights. Apologize for the confusion but we will have it down to weight by Fort Recovery. Thanks for everybody that helped with the tie rod fix: O'Connor team, High Anxiety Team, and the ProFab team.

Re: What's the problem in Rockwell? July 05, 2018 11:44PM
the poor show wasn't all the weathers fault. they did a very poor job of having pullers lined up and the show moving. when you start late you need to keep the show moving.

Re: What's the problem in Rockwell? July 06, 2018 12:09AM
They had all day to open that track up and let it dry out! Those DSS guys really put their motors to a test last night on that complete @#$%& track! A pretty disappointing show for $25 and $4 beer. One track didn’t start till 8 and the other one didn’t start till 9 then they didn’t even run all the classes.

Re: What's the problem in Rockwell? July 06, 2018 02:12AM
All in all they did the best they. They tried everything they could. It was cloudy or overcast part of day with 1 1/2 on top of it Thursday night with already soaked ground . It probably be a power track tonight. If you weren’t there you wouldn’t appreciate the effort they made. Part of tractor pulling. Mother Nature and guy above it still in control.

Re: What's the problem in Rockwell? July 06, 2018 02:21AM
NTPA is finally getting their due. Keep treating pullers like dirt and paying out garbage. There's a reason their class sizes and pull numbers are down. And they are down across the board for the entire sanction. $25 to watch 40 or 50 hooks? 4 bucks a beer is a joke too.

Re: What's the problem in Rockwell? July 06, 2018 05:14AM
I would guess it was opened up pretty deep before Thursdays rain, or it didn't run off. Weather.gov showed .4 for Mason City. All that water got soaked up, so it's loose all the way to the bottom. I'm not going to praise or be critical of what went on. I've seen better pulls on tracks that were wetter with less time between the rain and the pull, and i've seen some just like this. I would have more than one packer/ blade for 2 tracks though. It should be a hell of a show tonight, if they do makeup the classes that didn't run last night. Anyone catch the announcer calling Carl Atley, Van Haisley? Ooops.

Doug C new tractor July 06, 2018 10:59AM
So did Doug build a new tractor?? With he help of doc I would assume?

Re: Doug C new tractor July 06, 2018 03:47PM
no just helping the owner setting up the tractor. the tractor pulls in central and western minnesota. check out central minnesota pullers and red river valley pullers with a couple of mod hooks with upn maybe he will come and play with doc and cory in Anoka. GrinningBeer

Re: What's the problem in Rockwell? July 09, 2018 02:13AM
Maybe it had something to do with them handing out a cheap Dollar General folding chair as a reward for winning the class. What an embarrassing thing to do. Thanks for driving all those miles to get here and spending so much on your machines and oh by the way, here's a folding chair for your troubles.

Re: What's the problem in Rockwell? July 09, 2018 02:21AM
That is for sure a freakin bag chair thanks for traveling all those miles and spening hundreds of thousands of miles here is your bag chair. how about a case of oil a nice tool set no a bag chair that takes the cake as a cheap ass prize thats a shame rockwell you can do better.

Re: What's the problem in Rockwell? July 09, 2018 06:49AM
Gene! Were you at the pull this weekend? Didn't see you there!! Hope that you had a good time!!
I agree the folding chair deal.....probably not the best for a Grand National Pull!! Would really like to see some of these pulls start to take these pullers serious.
Maybe they were treated well, I should only hope so. Pulling has got to figure out a lot of things if it is going to stay around at this level.

Re: What's the problem in Rockwell? July 09, 2018 07:25AM
Was there. We must have just missed each other. Good time was had by all.

Re: What's the problem in Rockwell? July 09, 2018 07:37AM
I thought the pull was excellent Sat.They did take a little more time between hooks and once a show gets over 3 hours people leave.Didnt really make much use of both tracks as they only had one packer anyway.At least the second track was ready and sled in place for next class. My opinion the two wheel drive trucks have lost fans to the mini rods who seemed to get the most crowd response Seemed a few too many were breaking parts.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,724, Posts: 229,854, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,084, Posts: 225,979.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro